The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quartakk Changes, Why?

KotoKuraken

So I tested out the Quartakk, and overall I'm going to say this is a nerf of a perfectly fine weapon. It feels exactly as how the changes showed: half the damage double the firerate. Essentially, it's doing the same damage, but now it takes twice as much ammo to do it, which seems to be a pointless change in my eyes. The accuracy change doesn't really feel any different; the weapon was just about pinpoint accurate in the field, guessing that accuracy change was to help out the accuracy of the new burst mechanic.

Maybe this change was to make the status chance more relatable to rifle mechanics than to the shotgun status it followed, but that change doesn't really do much at all as far as I've seen. This gun was looking to be one of the best semi-auto rifles in the game (a category of rifles we severely lack), and I'm sad to see it turn into a burst

------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Tests were conducted on lvls 100 and 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Corrupted Bombards

Edit 2: I was corrected on the way the pellet mechanics work. So, the total damage is split up between the pellets. However, the total damage of the Quartakk has still been reduced by half and the firerate doubled. Original statement still stands, this is taking double the bullets to do the same damage, which seems to be a pointless change

Edited by KotoKuraken
Formatting and Edits

I find it odd that your tests concluded the damage was lower, considering the damage was just doubled if my understanding of the mechanics is correct.

It used to have innate multishot, meaning it was dealing 51/4=12.75 damage/round. Now, it fires 27 damage/round*4=108 per shot, and has buffed firerate, and even better accuracy than the already basically-perfect accuracy.

Edited by Outlander3734

1 minute ago, Outlander3734 said:

I find it odd that your tests concluded the damage was lower, considering the damage was just doubled if my understanding of the mechanics is correct.

It used to have innate multishot, meaning it was dealing 51/4=12.75 damage/round. Now, it fires 27*4=108, and has buffed firerate, and even better accuracy than the already basically-perfect accuracy.

Because the pellets were still counted as individual bullets that drained ammo just like the Kohm, so you were actually doing 51*4= 204, not 51/4.

You're doing the same damage, but now you take twice the bullets to do it

I just tried mine out - and I think I like the change better. The faster firing feels a whole lot better - and I was still wrecking with it. Not entirely sure if the change was for the better just yet, but so far I kinda like it.

1 minute ago, davej83 said:

lol now ist much better than before i apreciate this change with nerf included yes with good build u can rock with it finally

Viral + Hunter Munitions on the old Quartakk allowed me to kill a lvl 145 Corrupted Bombard in only 8 shots

It now takes me 20 shots with the same build, and 16 shots if I throw in a Fanged Fusillade instead of Speed Trigger

However, my main beef with the change is that we have basically no semi-auto rifles in this game. We have the Latron series, the Grinlok, and that seems like that's just about it

I like the change, but i also liked how it was before, it might make it more viable to cause status since you fire more often, but if the goal was to make use of the ammo it had, maybe a reduction to the maximum ammo would be more apropriate instead of reducing the damage and make the firerate twice faster.

But overall i'm ok with the changes, did a bit of testing and it does what i needed it to do.

3 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

The old damage was actually not divided between the 4 pellets. The 4 pellets each drained one ammo, which was the 4 "bullets" you drained per shot

all weapons with innate multishot have their damage divided over all base pellets.

18 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

The old damage was actually not divided between the 4 pellets. The 4 pellets each drained one ammo, which was the 4 "bullets" you drained per shot

Testers and the wiki beg to differ.

xCXrZ0n.png

Are you really suggesting that the Quartakk originally had 816 damage per shot unmodded? Because anyone who actually used the thing would know how hilarious that is.

Edited by DeMonkey

Just now, DeMonkey said:

xCXrZ0n.png

Are you really suggesting that the Quartakk originally had 804 damage per shot unmodded? Because anyone who actually used the thing would know how hilarious that is.

See, that is different. Others were suggesting that the damage was 51/4, which is highly incorrect. 204 is the correct damage number

vor 4 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:

xCXrZ0n.png

Are you really suggesting that the Quartakk originally had 804 damage per shot unmodded? Because anyone who actually used the thing would know how hilarious that is.

Your quote actually proves that OP is right.

Personally I like the changes, but the changes are so radical that I can see why some people who like the Quartakk before are now kinda upset.

Edited by Kuestenjung

1 minute ago, KotoKuraken said:

See, that is different. Others were suggesting that the damage was 51/4, which is highly incorrect. 204 is the correct damage number

You outright stating that the damage wasn't divided by the number of pellets is what I'm contesting.

12 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

Right there.

1 minute ago, Kuestenjung said:

You quote actually proves the OP is right.

How? OP says that the old damage wasn't divided per pellet. I say and show otherwise.

So it was basically a small nerf, then?
Hmm.

The way it is now however, being a burst of 4, will it be more lucrative with status in mind, worse, or basically the same?

Odd to make a weapon deal technically the same amount of damage with just a hit to ammo economy. I don't really see why that was necessary.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I haven't tested the changes yet, but I suspect they changed the mechanic from semi-auto to burst fire to address the whole multishot and status chance complaints that people had with Quartakk, but they still made the burst fire shoot all 4 bullets at the same time, to retain the feel of the semi-auto fire it had originally, and I would have suspected the damage change again to be related to the change from burst fire damage calculation per projectile versus the original shotgun calculation of all pellets.
But with the accuracy and fire rate changes maybe the devs decided to balance that with lower damage?