Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Appearance Tabs DE Look here

Gunthrik

I think we all know that fashion frame is part of the game to make your own Warframe look unique to the individual, so I have a idea about how to increase that and you make a little bit more money. I personally think the price is fair since making plat in this game is more then fair and It would encourage people to become their own unique frame. What do you think ?

Appearance Slot

1 = 20 plat  | 2 = 25 plat | 3 = 30 plat | 4 = 35 plat |      

Just making sure some people understand. You buy 1 more slot 1 for 20 plat if you only want 1 more or if you want 4 slots it's 35 plat

Edited by Guthrik
Making sure people understand

Hm... I think that's a great idea! The only problem I see is this...

If FashionFrame is so important, why make us pay for slots?

Spoiler

In all seriousness though, DE doesn't have many slots for our stuff since that takes up so much memory in the Warframe database. When they upgraded their servers for PoE, during the stream, somebody asked Steve if we could get more FashionFrame slots with those bigger servers. He said something along the lines of, "No, I don't think so. We need this space for all the amazing content we're gonna be bringing you guys." 

why does it increase with more slots?

Imagine if weapon, riven, archwing, sentinel or warframe slots did that, no one would buy them 

that's if I'm understanding this correctly. 

Edited by Eggplants

Personally I'd settle for just 1 more on each frame and weapon so you can customise for each enemy at the very least. 

Just now, Eggplants said:

why does it increase with more slots?

I was assuming it was a 'bundle' price...

Edited by LSG501

Ah... yes, I remember I was posting the same thing about presets in general...

37ba9fcb62ec79344643510221f30143.png

Though, with PoE release it's even more actual than ever. Not only when it comes to appearance, but also builds. Say, your Trinity's ABC presets are builded for: Blessing, Link and EV. Then you probably have a build for giggles and fun. Then there's a Trial-type mission. Then there's an Eidolon boss type which requires even more specific build for a comfort play. Then there are at least 3 more Eidolon bosses coming out (Gantulyst, Hydrolyst, Aerial -lyst).

Then there's also weapons' presets, some min-max their weapons, some build around factions, combinations and utility mods. And then there's also Exalted Category of weapons to build for.

For example:

A: Grineer, B: Corpus, C: Infested   oh   D: Corrupted, E: Exalted, F: Eidolon, G: (soon?) Sentients as a complete faction.

And now there are Rivens and set mods, what next? Yes, of course, you can just swap some mods in Grineer to turn it into anti-Corpus, but weren't the presets made to reduce the hassle in the first place to keep your builds clean and safe? With more mods, locations and enemies (that aren't sharing regular weaknesses or tactics) coming out said presets slowly fail at their job, don't they?

And then comes our Fashionframe, too.

4 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Hide contents

In all seriousness though, DE doesn't have many slots for our stuff since that takes up so much memory in the Warframe database. When they upgraded their servers for PoE, during the stream, somebody asked Steve if we could get more FashionFrame slots with those bigger servers. He said something along the lines of, "No, I don't think so. We need this space for all the amazing content we're gonna be bringing you guys." 

It's seems to be a bit tricky, because there is the Loadout slot which you can not only buy, but also earn when getting specific Mastery Ranks. So it comes to the golden mean: a few more slots with a hard cap.

BUT!

Knowing that even DE have duplicate frames doesn't really make me think we'll see additional, even purchaseable, preset slots :F

7 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

DE have said that they would like to add more appearance slots, but would cost to much space in their database.

It was a while ago but I think they should sort out something sooner rather than later. We get a ton of cosmetics and to be honest, there isn't enough configs to complement it all.

Edited by Valiant

On 18/01/2018 at 8:18 PM, KelsierSurvivor said:

Yep. Definitely. Is that too much to ask, DE? I mean, come on... You put it on EVERYTHING ELSE (except landing craft... That also gets under my skin... but not as much)! 

Landing craft appearance tabs bug me more than operator tabs but having both in future would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Richje
I can't speel ;)