Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The true Glass Warframe - Gara More Suggestions

NinjasPlay4Fun

First of all , Thank you all Digital Extremes Team and the community .
Thank you for the beautiful work done so far.

I would like to present my ideas for the Gara Warframe.
I know changes in the Gara Warframe are not a priority, but I would still like to share

Starting with HUD: I think clarity is a very strong point in games like warframe, so the more the better.
Having said that I suggest that: the timer of the "Splinter Storm" ability is shown separately for the warframe, for fellow allies.
This makes it clear how much each one still has of the buff more clearly. (I say this because I have a lot of problem in identifying how much I still have of my own buff,
because if I use it on myself and then on an ally, the time shown on the HUD is reset, so I must stay tuned in the middle of the battle to see when mine is over. While
the one from my ally is shown next to your life and everything else, it is also shown on my HUD ...

Still talking about Splinter Storm, I'd like to suggest that it was a "Tap" skill (as it is currently) and Press and Hold.
how would it work? when only used (ignoring where you look) the ability is used in the own warframe.
Now when held, gara would have an animation similar to that of Mass Vitrify, that cloud of glass would expand to a certain extent, affecting allies and enemies.
Striking allies win the Splinter Storm buffs while enemies receive the skill debuff.
This leaves the ability to be more dynamic and practical. Lastly, use one ally or one enemy at a time when you can do the both.
I had this idea based on the difficulty of having to use the ability several times to be able to help protect my friends among other things.

Mass Vitrify becomes the 3rd skill and does not need a rework

Shattered Lash will not be discarded, will only undergo changes and will rise in the ranking of skills becoming the 4th ability of Gara
New 4th Skill: Glass Sword: Gara wraps his melee weapon currently equipped with a layer of glass, increasing its range, damage, and chance of bleeding.
(similar to Saryn's toxic whip) being affected by mods of duration, power strength and range.

Spectrorage definitely did not look good in the Gara skills kit.
so I suggest removing it and adding another kind of skill.

New 1st skill: Ground Spike: Gara touches the ground causing the spines of glass to escape,
enemies hit by the glass spines and not killed receive proc bleeding and have their mobility reduced drastically.(
No one liked this idea? so let's change it)

New 1st skill:  Magnifying glass : Gara creates a glass lens in front of him increasing the damage of everything that goes through the mirror (like the volt shield)
OR
New 1st skill : stock and impale : Gara creates a large glass spear and puts it forward only while the ability is active (drains energy per second) when deactivated Gara stops and lands his spear forward causing damage and impaling enemies on the way

Edited by NinjasPlay4Fun

il y a 4 minutes, Raspberri a dit :

Mass Vitrify is complete garbage, regardless of which ability slot it takes. You want reliable CC? Just pick Oberon, he does the job better with his Reckoning. You want reliable defense? Pick Frost (or Limbo if your teammates can work with him).

I believe the nerf was fair, because the barrier has 5k of life per section and still has synergy with 1st skill ... Not very good in my opinion

6 minutes ago, NinjasPlay4Fun said:

I believe the nerf was fair, because the barrier has 5k of life per section and still has synergy with 1st skill ... Not very good in my opinion

If you think Gara's nerf was justified, then logically, you think every warframe should be nerfed down to Ember/Mag/Gara's level of scaling. Except I don't actually believe that you think that way. Please rethink about the effectiveness of 5k health in the grand scope of things. Why is a warframe cryopod in defense given a whopping ~45k hp on Hydron? Why are there so many threads that complain about warframes other than damage tanks (Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, Trinity, etc.) getting 1-shotted by enemies in sortie-level difficulties?

il y a 35 minutes, Raspberri a dit :

If you think Gara's nerf was justified, then logically, you think every warframe should be nerfed down to Ember/Mag/Gara's level of scaling. Except I don't actually believe that you think that way. Please rethink about the effectiveness of 5k health in the grand scope of things. Why is a warframe cryopod in defense given a whopping ~45k hp on Hydron? Why are there so many threads that complain about warframes other than damage tanks (Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, Trinity, etc.) getting 1-shotted by enemies in sortie-level difficulties?

dude I do not know very well how to explain, but also I do not think the nerf was as heavy as they seem ... but of course unbreakable is much better

il y a 28 minutes, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

dude I do not know very well how to explain, but also I do not think the nerf was as heavy as they seem ... but of course unbreakable is much better

Not a heavy nerf? Have you even tried to use her past Saturn? It's completely impossible to use it as a barrier. The only thing usefull with it (and it's not much) is the vitrification of enemies. Other than that, it's just as bad as Spectrorage. The only good ability of her kit is her 2 and the changes you're proposing would just make it a slow and less effective mix f MV and Blessing with a small debuff that is completely useless anyway. 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

Nidus already has that

Yup,  nidus is Alex mercer or James heller for sho, dopest warframe ever! 

Prototype 2 I had to re buy it just to get all the trophy's if you like cutting things,  causing mass destruction, and feeling almost indestructible in the process 10/10 recommend! Then come back and go get some nidus!!  If only he could summon bigger,  scarier, agile-ier,  and unseen before infested looking creature along with the maggots like James hellers dogs 😔 still badaz regardless 😄😄😄

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

I've read this thread already. I did not comment because I frankly had no opinion on it. 

Garas 1-3 have no issues that need to be examined so it doesn't quite make sense to tweak them. The things you've changed are simply changes/buffs for the sake of buffing. 

I don't think that's a good approach.

Also, it's not nice to leave feedback on a thread that just simply points to your own. It's not actually feedback at all, more like an advertisement. 

something i feel like people are ignoring is the Ability Strength affects how much health Gara's 4th actually has. Now, I have not tested it myself, but from what i saw when playing with my friend the other day, MV can standup to enemies up to about level 50 before a section begins to break from my observation. Now, i have no clue how much Strength his Gara had/has, but it is not as bad as people are claiming. After reflecting, I don't think there really needs to be a change of ability positions, as Vitrify actually still holds true to being better CC than SG is. Not only does only segments break off as opposed to the entire thing collapsing, but those broken segments cause the enemy to funnel into that area. This actually is beneficial, because you can manually go to those areas and kill the enemies as they come through. This, of course, means it is technically not a nerf in the slightest, and actually increases player interaction slightly by forcing players to keep an eye out for broken areas.

As for possible suggestions of my own, Spectral Lash should be allowed to only break off segments, similar to enemies, to promote the kind of play I mentioned above. Additionally, the damage of breaking the MV should be proportional to the amount of segments destroyed in this way. For example: A player uses Spectral Lash to destroy one segment of the wall that has 12 segments with a damage amount of 4,118 puncture (via Steel Charge, Primed Pressure Point, Power Drift, and Intensify), it would actually deal 343 puncture damage in burst to all enemies within range. Now for an Augment for Gara: While i do not have any name yet or something like that, the augment should give up to a 50% chance to apply the proc of the Spectral Lash attack that the player performs. Any thoughts on this idea?