Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*SPOILERS* So DE, about that 'prologue'...

(XBOX)Grihaly

45 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

You know, she says that line to tell Ballas that she is the Lotus, a former sentient, who has only taken on the appearance, and a few of Margulis' memories, and not Margulis herself. Ballas even acknowledges this when he says "But of course you are! Imprisoned, just as she was." referring to Lotus as a different person who is going through the same thing as Margulis. Later he calls her Margulis because he's already shown that he doesn't care that she's a different person through his previous line.

I am inclined to agree with this^

24 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Why is Ballas still alive then?

23 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Stasis.  Cloning.  Advanced gene manipulation. He's a robot.  He's an animated and sentient statue.  Space Ninja Magic. 

^

30 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Er, remember the voice over part where the Orokin council killed her?  Redo the quests. 

First of all: I really like your name! Mag Prime FTW! :)

But aren't the Orokin kinda Invincible? I thought I heard/read something like this in the beast of bones aka ordan karris so maybe the execution was more like an alternative execution where margulis will be kinda trapped forever 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

How long do I have to wait to kill Ballas? Nobody takes away space mom!

I don't really know if we get a choice or even if we kill him but the PC tenno are waiting since (mid?) Of December for that quest to continue so i/we feel your pain 

I really wish that this quest comes soon but I think we have to wait some weeks and maybe months for that to continue

But I'd rather wait than playing a S#&$ty quest that comes out fast so I believe in DE to rock another chapter of the Questline :)

Hope he keeps lotus. I just want an optin to get rid Ordis' C64-powered hologram. And Ordis himself too.

In fact, ballas can kidnap all NPCs in the game for all I care. Or DE allows us to kill them off for good ourselves. None of them are engaging and it would be sweet silence.

Still doesn't explain why she went with him, if your going by what was said then Margulis shouldn't exist anymore, regardless of if he managed to stir "memories" with Lotus they shouldn't have had that kind of significant effect on her, "But of course you are! Imprisoned, just as she was" this was in response to when Lotus basically says "Im not who you think I am" , so if were using these words as some kind of information pool then that implies that the council might have had Margulis imprisioned like how the lotus seemed to be, perhaps using the same method with the helmet, however if you are trying to tell me that Ballas wiggled his fingers and BOOM Margulis is suddenly in full control of the body Im inclined to disagree, I could except if she was already present and the helmet was keeping her in check, but Im not gonna accept Ballas is some walking brainwashing magician...it just leaves open too many wtf situations.

2 minutes ago, Rayiss said:

First of all: I really like your name! Mag Prime FTW! :)

Thankyee

But aren't the Orokin kinda Invincible? I thought I heard/read something like this in the beast of bones aka ordan karris so maybe the execution was more like an alternative execution where margulis will be kinda trapped forever 

They're seemingly invincible.  Much like the Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt were seen as literal Gods (there was one that declared she was female, so that she could rule) But there is lore establishing they can be killed.  

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

They're seemingly invincible.  Much like the Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt were seen as literal Gods (there was one that declared she was female, so that she could rule) But there is lore establishing they can be killed

Yeah I think I get your point :)

But I always thought that only the tenno are capable of killing an Orokin like we probably did in the old days so that ordan karris (who saw the blood of the Orokin and believed he killed them) and any other "normal" being cannot totally kill the Orokin 

Just now, Rayiss said:

Yeah I think I get your point :)

But I always thought that only the tenno are capable of killing an Orokin like we probably did in the old days so that ordan karris (who saw the blood of the Orokin and believed he killed them) and any other "normal" being cannot totally kill the Orokin 

I think that can be explained with technology.  Superior healing tech, genetic manipulation, etc. as well as how they can body jump.  Makes it seem like they're hard to kill and keep dead.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I think that can be explained with technology.  Superior healing tech, genetic manipulation, etc. as well as how they can body jump.  Makes it seem like they're hard to kill and keep dead.

Hmmm...interesting I never saw it that way...I was aware of that the Orokin could use transference (but only like a one way transference) so that could explain the body hopping but couldn't the superior healing tech be used on margulis as well? (So ballas could have healed her secretly afterwards)

Thank you alot it's an interesting conversation here :)

Edited by Rayiss

Hmmm...interesting I never saw it that way...I was aware of that the Orokin could use transference (but only like a one way transference) so that could explain the body hopping but couldn't the superior healing tech be used on margulis as well? (So ballas could have healed her secretly afterwards)

Thank you alot it's an interesting conversation here :)

Nah, based on the Detron Crewman lore entry provided on the other page, she'd be a fine mist.  Nothing to heal, nothing to treat. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

Nah, based on the Detron Crewman lore entry provided on the other page, she'd be a fine mist.  Nothing to heal, nothing to treat. 

Ohh okay looks like I have to read the detron crewman entry again :)

So you don't think that the lotus is in a very confusing way margulis? (Or maybe just using her body)

Your all forgetting the Beast of Bones who actually killed several Orokin, he was not a tenno "  He hatched a plan to perform valiantly in battle until he was acknowledged by the Orokin themselves in person to reward him for his service. Further angered by the Orokin's offer of becoming an Orokin himself blessed with eternal life, The beast of bones initiated a suicidal berserker state and successfully killed all of the Orokin nearest him."  Do not spoil who this person is in case people haven't completed that task in the game, but this clearly shows that its not only Tenno that can kill the Orokin.

Just now, Rayiss said:

Ohh okay looks like I have to read the detron crewman entry again :)

So you don't think that the lotus is in a very confusing way margulis? (Or maybe just using her body)

Not using her body, no.  It's already been established that Lotus is using her "face" to make it easier for the Tenno and let her control them.  Lotus is a Sentient, from the other side of the Void.

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Your all forgetting the Beast of Bones who actually killed several Orokin, he was not a tenno "  He hatched a plan to perform valiantly in battle until he was acknowledged by the Orokin themselves in person to reward him for his service. Further angered by the Orokin's offer of becoming an Orokin himself blessed with eternal life, The beast of bones initiated a suicidal berserker state and successfully killed all of the Orokin nearest him."  Do not spoil who this person is in case people haven't completed that task in the game, but this clearly shows that its not only Tenno that can kill the Orokin.

I don't think anyone is forgetting that, we just aren't specifically mentioning it. 

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

I don't know if it is stated that he killed some orokin before becoming that offer to become an Orokin himself but isn't it stated that after this rage berserker mode the Orokin laughed at him for he could not kill them :)

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not using her body, no.  It's already been established that Lotus is using her "face" to make it easier for the Tenno and let her control them.  Lotus is a Sentient, from the other side of the Void.

I don't know if I can trust lotus anymore she puts milk in the bowl before cereal you know who does that? A synth!! xD

Interesting statement you got here I know what lotus real purpose was and I know that she has become the lotus and accepted us as their children because the void has made them incapable of reproducing 

I really don't think that ballas made a mistake by taking her with him I think he knew exactly what/who she is/was what do you think? 

7 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Ordin Karris didn't actually kill any Orokin. They all just laughed at how pathetic he was to think that he actually did. As Ballas said "We have died a thousand times".

3 minutes ago, Rayiss said:

I don't know if I can trust lotus anymore she puts milk in the bowl before cereal you know who does that? A synth!! xD

Interesting statement you got here I know what lotus real purpose was and I know that she has become the lotus and accepted us as their children because the void has made them incapable of reproducing 

I really don't think that ballas made a mistake by taking her with him I think he knew exactly what/who she is/was what do you think

Oh he does, he flat out says he knows she's not Margulis before he extends that creepy, long af arm of his. 

1 minute ago, Rayiss said:

I don't know if it is stated that he killed some orokin before becoming that offer to become an Orokin himself but isn't it stated that after this rage berserker mode the Orokin laughed at him for he could not kill them :)

I really don't think that ballas made a mistake by taking her with him I think he knew exactly what/who she is/was what do you think? 

Its stated, very clearly he said during the ceremony he ripped the bone plugs from his own body and slaughtered them with crimson blade, its pretty freakin gruesome in the details, but he was able to kill the orokin, there wasn't any laughter, he slaughtered the lot of them which gained him a severe execution by ballas himself, interestingly enough Ballas is referred to as " Executor Ballas".

4 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Ordin Karris didn't actually kill any Orokin. They all just laughed at how pathetic he was to think that he actually did. As Ballas said "We have died a thousand times".

Did I miss an entry somewhere? Is there recording of them laughing about this slaughter?

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

Did I miss an entry somewhere? Is there recording of them laughing about this slaughter?

I currently have the entry of Neptune open there it is stated ballas said: "How simple you are, you idiot beast. We have died countless times! Yet remaining eternal!"

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Oh he does, he flat out says he knows she's not Margulis before he extends that creepy, long af arm of his. 

Interesting indeed! But now I still don't get it how the lotus gets away with ballas if she shares nothing with margulis but the face wasn't lotus the one who kinda made us slaughter the Orokin? So shouldn't she be at least leery about ballas?