Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*SPOILERS* So DE, about that 'prologue'...

(XBOX)Grihaly

How long do I have to wait to kill Ballas? Nobody takes away space mom!

Really though, this borderlined jumping the shark, but I am extremely curious to see what happens next.

*Shines an icon of Nekros into sky, in the hopes of summoning Morec0*

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Really though, this borderlined jumping the shark, but I am extremely curious to see what happens next.

How do you know we're killing him? So far he hasn't done anything to us (yet).

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

How do you know thats actually space mom and not a reprogrammed Margulis?  The "Lotus" said so herself when Ballas arrived, "I'm  not who you think I am"  either she knows she's been reconditioned to be Lotus rather than Margulis, or....actually I see no other explanation at this point, Ballas just removes her tethers allowing her to remove the helmet, he doesn't brainwash her in 3 seconds, if he had that kind of power he wouldn't need to keep himself hidden away,  no I think whatever that machine was is what was keeping Margulis as Lotus, so she was a captive as sorts.

11 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

either she knows she's been reconditioned to be Lotus rather than Margulis, or....actually I see no other explanation at this point,

You know, she says that line to tell Ballas that she is the Lotus, a former sentient, who has only taken on the appearance, and a few of Margulis' memories, and not Margulis herself. Ballas even acknowledges this when he says "But of course you are! Imprisoned, just as she was." referring to Lotus as a different person who is going through the same thing as Margulis. Later he calls her Margulis because he's already shown that he doesn't care that she's a different person through his previous line.

Edited by PoisonHD

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Knight_Ex:

How do you know thats actually space mom and not a reprogrammed Margulis?  The "Lotus" said so herself when Ballas arrived, "I'm  not who you think I am"  either she knows she's been reconditioned to be Lotus rather than Margulis, or....actually I see no other explanation at this point, Ballas just removes her tethers allowing her to remove the helmet, he doesn't brainwash her in 3 seconds, if he had that kind of power he wouldn't need to keep himself hidden away,  no I think whatever that machine was is what was keeping Margulis as Lotus, so she was a captive as sorts.

But I thought Lotus have been Natah =/ now it seems like Lotus is Natah and Marglius ? I'm a bit confused xD

All I know is, all Ballas did was give "Lotus" the ability to remove her helmet, and it was like she woke up from a dream when she took it off, I don't think brainwashing is part of Ballas's skillset, otherwise as I said he could have used that ability early on, possibly against the council when he was speaking to margulis before her sentence was given out. The helmet was likely what was keeping the Lotus in control.

Edited by Knight_Ex

3 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

All I know is, all Ballas did was give "Lotus" the ability to remove her helmet, and it was like she woke up from a dream when she took it off, I don't think brainwashing is part of Ballas's skillset, otherwise as I said he could have used that ability early on, possibly against the council when he was speaking to margulis before her sentence was given out.

We know absolutely nothing about Ballas, or his powers. There could be multiple reasons as to why Lotus seemed to "wake up". First that comes to mind is that seeing Ballas made the memories Lotus implanted in herself, surge to the surface, causing her to act more like Margulis then the Lotus. Second is Ballas could actually be able to brainwash Lotus, because you have to remember, the other members of the council were just as powerful as Ballas.

Edited by PoisonHD

7 minutes ago, (PS4)VinterasBote said:

But I thought Lotus have been Natah =/ now it seems like Lotus is Natah and Marglius ? I'm a bit confused xD

Rerun the main quest line.  

Lotus is Natah, a Sentient who was sent to kill the Tenno, but opted to "adopt" them instead.  (Sentients exposed to the Void are sterilized) Natah took on the visage of Margulis to make it easier for the Tenno to accept her.  Margulis is long dead.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Rerun the main quest line.  

Lotus is Natah, a Sentient who was sent to kill the Tenno, but opted to "adopt" them instead.  (Sentients exposed to the Void are sterilized) Natah took on the visage of Margulis to make it easier for the Tenno to accept her.  Margulis is long dead.

how do we know she's dead? death could have been implantation into something different, like a vessel, if you recall that weird orokin text that sometimes appears during missions?  This is what it translated to:

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.
Reinitiating dipolar connection on novel carrier.
Bow in standby for sync check and sync.
Motion compensation complete.
Selenic lensing locked.
Somatic control established.
Margulis implantation intact.
EVM status nominal.
War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

"Margulis implantation intact."  that should account for something..

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

how do we know she's dead? death could have been implantation into something different, like a vessel, if you recall that weird orokin text that sometimes appears during missions?  This is what it translated to:

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.
Reinitiating dipolar connection on novel carrier.
Bow in standby for sync check and sync.
Motion compensation complete.
Selenic lensing locked.
Somatic control established.
Margulis implantation intact.
EVM status nominal.
War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

"Margulis implantation intact."  that should account for something..

Er, remember the voice over part where the Orokin council killed her?  Redo the quests. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

Er, remember the voice over part where the Orokin council killed her?  Redo the quests. 

They said they killed her, but remember how its next to impossible too kill the Orokin, and again "killing" her might mean something completely different...god I don't want to spoil anything for people, but you should look up info on the "Beast of Bones" which is the lore you get access to when you collect all the cephelon fragments in the game, they explain how the Orokin deal with troublemakers.

4 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

They said they killed her, but remember how its next to impossible too kill the Orokin, and again "killing" her might mean something completely different...god I don't want to spoil anything for people, but you should look up info on the "Beast of Bones" which is the lore you get access to when you collect all the cephelon fragments in the game, they explain how the Orokin deal with troublemakers.

I know it, but, it's not impossible to kill one.  Just don't allow them to jump bodies, forcing them to age normally (a la the Queen fights alternate ending) or simply kill them by any other conventional means.  They get sick, they have broken bones, they age.  Otherwise, what's the purpose of the Lorists and the  Yuvan theater? 

Turning someone into a Cephalon isn't their only punitive option. 

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I know it, but, it's not impossible to kill one.  Just don't allow them to jump bodies, forcing them to age normally (a la the Queen fights alternate ending) or simply kill them by any other conventional means.  They get sick, they have broken bones, they age.  Otherwise, what's the purpose of the Lorists and the  Yuvan theater? 

Why is Ballas still alive then?

6 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

That's how they cam deal with some troublemakers, but Archimedians were flat out executed for failure.

Detron Crewman imprint: "They opened the chamber door just in time for me to see it happen; the Archimedian erupting into a flash, jade-like and blinding. I knew her. She was the greatest scholar of genetics who ever lived. Except now she was nothing but mist and gore." Margulis was an Archimedian in charge of the Warframe project to my knowledge.

"Margulis implantation intact" could also just the system developed by Margulis, since the entire text refers to the somatic link.

Edited by PoisonHD

Ok this is my take on it, Margulis was "killed" but like the "Beast of bones" she was turned into a Cephalon and implanted into the Lotus, maybe they thought she would remain trapped in the vessel, and the Lotus is basically her jailer, its not just memories she contains it could verywell be Margulis's essence herself.  Would explain why she was so quick to rise to the surface when the helmet was removed.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

Ok this is my take on it, Margulis was "killed" but like the "Beast of bones" she was turned into a Cephalon and implanted into the Lotus, maybe they thought she would remain trapped in the vessel, and the Lotus is basically her jailer, its not just memories she contains it could verywell be Margulis's essence herself.  Would explain why she was so quick to rise to the surface when the helmet was removed.

Except, Natah didn't exist when Margulis was killed. That is who the Lotus is, Natah the sentient.

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

Except, Natah didn't exist when Margulis was killed. That is who the Lotus is, Natah the sentient.

So maybe they put her on ice or stasis, they could have extracted her then locked the essence away until they had obtained a suitable vessel, I mean we put Kurbow's on ice all the time when not in use, not out of the realm of possibility for them to do that, then again this is all just heresay until we actually get the new quest to shed light on this.

4 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Except that implies the Orokin had Natah before then when it's been established she showed up after Margulis' death and was not in league with the Orokin.