Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*SPOILERS* So DE, about that 'prologue'...

(XBOX)Grihaly

1 minute ago, Rayiss said:

Hahaha good one! xD

On an extermination mission:

Why are these fools still breathing my Air? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Or during an defense/capture mission:

Kill the remaining enemies or die trying! THAT IS AN ORDER!

I would like either Ballas or Tyl Regor as an announcer.

Ballas: These beings defy the Seven Principles. Strike down these rebellious vermin, Tenno.

Tyl Regor: Oh don't kill them too quickly Tenno. How else am I supposed to savour their pain? 

Still though it seems like holo-Lotus is only temporary unfortunately. So I doubt DE will be doing something like this. Maybe in the quest we could at least get the option to choose Ballas over Lotus as the announcer, because I certainly would. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Not going to lie, I was slightly miffed when he said that. I was thinking "You've had two years to work on this thing. Why is it still a WIP? What have you been doing with Umbra over the years?" 

Still gotta be thankful it's finally on it's way.

To be fair, DE isnt the size of other developing studies and had other stuff on their plate they have been working on this whole time. To put it into perspective, Bungie (we all love comparing to Bungie lmao) is 750 staff members strong and they only manage to push out an update every three to six months, and as of late, not quality updates at that. DE is 170 strong. Not even half the man power. Now, I will concede that DE do focus on too much at once which is part of the problem, but still, numbers is a larger problem. They still, DE that is, pump out more quality content than most development studios with double their number and more. Its one of the reasons I dont get as irritated with DE[Steve] Soon lmao memes.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

To be fair, DE isnt the size of other developing studies

True, but we've already seen how they can create good quests in a relatively short amount of time. We've already had two within two years. But they've had Umbra on the back burner for nearly half the games lifespan. Not that I'm saying that they should have been working on it immediately, but I would have at least expected them to be near enough the end by now. Steve makes it sound like they only just started working on it. Like I said though, I'm glad they're actually talking about it now rather than brushing it off constantly.

DE are definitely better than other studios without a doubt, especially Bungie who claim that "making content is hard". To be honest that's probably the reason why so many Destiny players are abandoning Bungie and coming over here. I remember when people started claiming Warframe going open-world was going to kill Destiny, they were met with open dismissal. Pretty sure no one is dismissing it now..

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

True, but we've already seen how they can create good quests in a relatively short amount of time. We've already had two within two years. But they've had Umbra on the back burner for nearly half the games lifespan. Not that I'm saying that they should have been working on it immediately, but I would have at least expected them to be near enough the end by now. Steve makes it sound like they only just started working on it. Like I said though, I'm glad they're actually talking about it now rather than brushing it off constantly.

Steve has also said in the past that he wants the revealing of Umbra to be equal to or bigger than The Second Dream or War Within. With how everything has been falling, bet my bottom dollar that as they kept hyping Umbra up within studio, it kept intentially being put on the back burner as other quests were required to build up to Umbra. Between the Sacrifice trailer and the Prologue, this theory sounds quite plausible. 

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Probably a few more months. DE are working on a lot of things right now, such as the IPS changes, Khora. From the last we know, the Sacrifice Quest is their top priority.

Yea I don't think they're going to touch IPS for a little while. I think everyone's ready for the Sacrifice now. Hopefully they'll mention or show something in Fridays devstream.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Yea I don't think they're going to touch IPS for a little while. I think everyone's ready for the Sacrifice now. Hopefully they'll mention or show something in Fridays devstream.

They’re still working and tweaking the IPS system, since all our feedback has been received, that’s from the last we heard. But, DE have said that the Umbra quest is their top priority. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

especially Bungie who claim that "making content is hard". To be honest that's probably the reason why so many Destiny players are abandoning Bungie and coming over here.

That's one problem...but the real problem with bungie is that they don't communicate good...they always say: "we have groundbreaking new content" and it ends up being #2tokensandablue 

I'm a former destiny 1 and 2 player and some people consider me a destiny veteran (I was around since year 1) and bungie has always done stuff like that they only say things like: "this new content is so freaking good and amazing" but no details...I'm not even talking about the not existing endgame and the casual lovers at the bungie management...but let's put that aside sorry for that OT comment xD

24 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Probably a few more months. DE are working on a lot of things right now, such as the IPS changes, Khora. From the last we know, the Sacrifice Quest is their top priority.

Oh God I hope not xD 

This prologue nearly killed me and I'm sinking in the deep sea of curiosity :D

Let's wait for the next devstream :)

BTW: is there a devstream planned this Friday?

Just now, Rayiss said:

Oh God I hope not xD 

This prologue nearly killed me and I'm sinking in the deep sea of curiosity :D

Let's wait for the next devstream :)

BTW: is there a devstream planned this Friday?

The Prologue quest was pretty amazing. There will be a devstream this Friday, unless DE are extremely busy. 

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

The Prologue quest was pretty amazing. There will be a devstream this Friday, unless DE are extremely busy. 

Ahh nice thank you for this info :D

Let's hope for the best.

I just hope that the fact that DE did an prologue this time which they (as far as I know I only joined Warframe around when Octavia came out xD) never did before kinda means that we don't have to wait for a too long time :)

Just now, Rayiss said:

Ahh nice thank you for this info :D

Let's hope for the best.

I just hope that the fact that DE did an prologue this time which they (as far as I know I only joined Warframe around when Octavia came out xD) never did before kinda means that we don't have to wait for a too long time :)

Of course! Yeah you’re lucky, you didn’t experience the painful wait for The War Within back in November 2016. 

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I remember that. Months of drought. Then they released "The Vacuum Within" as a sort of joke halfway through the wait. It wasn't funny.

Yeah, that was when they made the changes to Vacuum. The Vacuum Within update came out a few weeks before The War Within dropped. 

44 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Of course! Yeah you’re lucky, you didn’t experience the painful wait for The War Within back in November 2016. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I remember that. Months of drought. Then they released "The Vacuum Within" as a sort of joke halfway through the wait. It wasn't funny.

Haha yeah I've read that post just 3 hours ago (wanted to see what updates were made back then) I can only think of the pain it must have been hard for you guys (and this is no sarcasm)

It must have been even harder for the console tenno they had to wait even longer!

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Hmm, where do I go once my quarters is unlocked to trigger the prologue?  Or is that an update consoles have yet to receive?

There should be a glowing orb by the quarters window. It will give you a prompt to start the Prologue.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

10 hours ago, NZ_CodeBlue said:

How do you know we're killing him? So far he hasn't done anything to us (yet).

He took space mom, sentence is death.

10 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

It's all empty and meaningless, we create our future. And the Void is our medium.

Easy, there, Kylo.

9 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

They said they killed her, but remember how its next to impossible too kill the Orokin, and again "killing" her might mean something completely different...god I don't want to spoil anything for people, but you should look up info on the "Beast of Bones" which is the lore you get access to when you collect all the cephelon fragments in the game, they explain how the Orokin deal with troublemakers.

If it's next to impossible, why are there stories of the Tenno committing a genocide of Orokin after the great war? 

3 hours ago, Rayiss said:

You have to complete chains of Harrow First ;)

yep thats it. i cant get a group to finish up the last two void missions including mot.

edit: I gave another shot at the void missions and instantly found a group to do the last two. now doing chains of harrow....freaky....

Edited by (XB1)DustyNinjaXyZzY

So, just a thought here: Stalker is Hunhow's errand boy, right? And I don't remember completely correct because it's been a long time, but Hunhow still cares about his daughter, right? Temporary alliance with Shadow to put down Ballas permanently and get space mom back. Plus with the umbra hints and Shadow being the base frame of excal umbra this could be a thing.

13 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

How do you know thats actually space mom and not a reprogrammed Margulis?  The "Lotus" said so herself when Ballas arrived, "I'm  not who you think I am"  either she knows she's been reconditioned to be Lotus rather than Margulis, or....actually I see no other explanation at this point, Ballas just removes her tethers allowing her to remove the helmet, he doesn't brainwash her in 3 seconds, if he had that kind of power he wouldn't need to keep himself hidden away,  no I think whatever that machine was is what was keeping Margulis as Lotus, so she was a captive as sorts.

I don't think the machine itself did the job. Otherwise you are looking at a big plothole considering she was right in front of you in The Second Dream.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

I don't think the machine itself did the job. Otherwise you are looking at a big plothole considering she was right in front of you in The Second Dream.

I expect this is why most people presume some sort of mental manipulation.

Of course, Lotus could just have gone with him to see what's going on.  Or because she knew she didn't have the resources to fight him then and there.