The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we really need to get RSI?

Fallen_Echo

Hello Tenno!

Today i want to talk about RSI and our game. Those who dont know RSI or Repetitive strain injury is an injury caused by repetitive tasks, strong vibrations, sustained akward positions. This illness causes pain,tingling feeling and general weakness on the afflicted part.

In our game this illness comes from the first cause listed, from continous repetitive task for prime example look at the semi-auto weapons, specifically pistols. To make out the max of their power you need to mash that button click or rebind your attack key to scroll up (not works for everybody).

Earlier i bought a nice pistol skin and decided to toss a forma on the arca scisco and give it a go and the result are painful for both me and the enemies! Even after 5 minutes using the gun my hand started to hurt more than the grunts head who i just killed.

Normally i would say a macro will make this better but the only real aceptable reason to have macros here is when you have a disability and cant perform certain task. I use a void dash macro because of a nerve problem, support claimed its okay but i must avoid video altering macros (aimbot and the likes) or autoplay macros (run periodically).

Now i got to ask is creating a macro what only makes holding the fire button repeat the fire task every 0.5 sec against the rules OR i need to get RSI before support can say its okay to do it?

For those who wanna read another post explaining the problem and sharing some possible fixes can read this one:

I would like to have this problem fixed because most semi-auto pistols are becoming unuseable for me and others with rsi like symptoms.

3 minutes ago, Xirka said:

A macro is not against the rules, if it does not play the game for you. A firing macro should fall within acceptable parameters. 

The official stance is that it is a grey area of sorts and is very much 'at your own risk'.

Its been a while, as you can see on that thread but its still something to keep in mind.

3 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

The only major time they would ban is if it is if you go awol and let the game play itself. At that point, it's a no-no.

I dont really think that is possible without intalling an aimbot software what is in itself is banable offense.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I dont really think that is possible without intalling an aimbot software what is in itself is banable offense.

You dont need guns for the game to play itself though, warframe abilities do just fine already. I get the point tho, third party softwares like that are a no-no.

Macros while they're allowed is like. Why. When you can just use automatic weapon, which I personally do. I **** hate semi-auto weapons, I won't ever use them in anything than a boss fight no matter how strong they are.

Цитата

The official stance is that it is a grey area of sorts and is very much 'at your own risk'.

Basically this. And not neraly all devices have macro buttons built in them so some have to use third party programs which is risky.

Цитата

The only major time they would ban is if it is if you go awol and let the game play itself.

There's no way to know such things. Also "playing itself" is a vague term. Frost staying still and only spamming 3 can technically be considered afk and for the system does it actually matter that you're near the pc with your hands on the keyboard? Too effing complicated.

Цитата

It's absolutely possible and depends on what you would call "play itself". No one needs and aimbot in warframe since you have abilities.

Edited by -Temp0-

Am 26.1.2018 um 18:14 schrieb Fallen_Echo:

and noticed that auto fire is prohibited

I can`t be sure, but I don`t think he means autofire in the context of repeating a fire button with a macro.

They way I read it he differentiates and names two types of common cheats. Aimbot and a alternativ version of hacks where the bot will simply fire whenever your mouse (you still control) hovers over a target a.k.a autofire-bot.

You should be totally fine with an endless loop for "fire_button" :inlove:

Eh, the thing I think could fix this is adding alternative fire modes... 

The basic fire mode that all weapons come with (think AkBolto Prime with their current firing mode) and an alternative which adds in auto-firing but half the firing rate, or just same fire rate with auto-firing... I'd personally take half the speed if it's high firing rate (looking at you Vasto Prime & (Ak)Magnus). I'm sure there could be more fixes, as some are burst firing weapons...

Everyone use macros or mouse wheel even if they don't suffer from RSI (like they all do for spin 2 win) anyway, in order to maximise their dps.

Since they can't ban macros, DE should add an option in arsenal to turn semi auto weapons into full auto.

7 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Everyone use macros or mouse wheel even if they don't suffer from RSI (like they all do for spin 2 win) anyway, in order to maximise their dps.

Since they can't ban macros, DE should add an option in arsenal to turn semi auto weapons into full auto.

While I think I understand where you are coming from, I don't use Macros so I don't really feel its appropriate to use the term "Everyone". The official stance from DE was 'Use at your own risk' as the linked thread earlier has posts or excepts from DE saying just that. Ultimately, while it will flag your account, it is not the only consideration DE uses to determine a ban for such, so one is taking a risk by using Macros - its not cut and dry since its aspects were not laid out.

For about the past 2 years, I've used an auto-click macro that when held will press and release mouse 1 about 50 times a second.  It's very effective with semi auto, burst fire, and melee weapons.  It doesn't aim or play the game for me.  It just makes smashing mouse 1 easier.  As a bonus, it turns a corrupted tigris into a thing of divine beauty.

il y a 16 minutes, TheDefenestrater a dit :

press and release mouse 1 about 50 times a second

This far bypasses human limitations and makes some weapons much more powerful than intended, in some situations.

Not sure this can be regarded as fair use of macros.

Edited by Robolaser

9 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

This far bypasses human limitations and makes some weapons much more powerful than intended, in some situations.

Not sure this can be regarded as fair use of macros.

Semi auto guns won't fire faster than their animations will allow.  Extra clicks during an animation cycle are ignored.  The high rate simply means there's less delay between being able to fire again and actually firing.

The only difference between this and using a free-spinning mouse wheel is how it is activated by me.  I just hold a 5th mouse button down vs flicking and catching the mouse wheel over and over.

Edited by Guest

Infact, there are two different issues :

- macros will allow you to get much closer to the theoretical max firerate than by hand, even if this firerate is low.

- macros will allow you to fire much faster than humanly possible when the weapon is modded for higher firerate.

The latter is especially problematic when used for spin to win with a speed riven. People shouldn't be allowed to spin 3-4 times per second with weapons that are already OP at normal speed, imo. And regardless of what should or shouldn't, i think it's very likely unintended.

Edited by Robolaser

1 hour ago, Robolaser said:

Infact, there are two different issues :

- macros will allow you to get much closer to the theoretical max firerate than by hand, even if this firerate is low.

- macros will allow you to fire much faster than humanly possible when the weapon is modded for higher firerate.

The latter is especially problematic when used for spin to win with a speed riven. People shouldn't be allowed to spin 3-4 times per second with weapons that are already OP at normal speed, imo. And regardless of what should or shouldn't, i think it's very likely unintended.

I dont really intented to go haywire and create a macro with a firerate as fast as the maximum possible speed of the weapon, a steady click every 0.2 seconds would been enough.