Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Diva Skin Twin-tails

LuckyCharm

DE can you perhaps re-look at these?

Currently instead of looking like they have mass they're super transparent and rather plain looking. The whole reason many of us were excited for it was that we'd actually get big long twin-tails of energy hair, but well.. currently we really just seem to get a rather small mass of energy that doesn't much match the hair that was shown.

I get that you think it would be too bright and blinding for people, but have you played your own game? Many many effects are brighter and much harder to look at given they move quickly and flash. Especially in the dark infested tile sets. Hell the pyra syandana and many of the others are brighter than the hair currently is, and many of the helmet energy effects too, such as wukongs braids. 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

If you look there in the original picture the hair is neither blinding or too bright. And the shape is much different too, you get actual width at the bottom, much in the way hair poofs out from being tight at the roots. It looks super good in the picture and it's a little disappointing seeing that we get roughly half of that length with a lot less dimension. 

Edited by LuckyCharm

ircv1L0.jpg

I copied the colors as close as I could, but as you can see there's substantially less mass to them, even around the top. The energy effects also look a lot more like plain energy color than wisps of energy hair too since in the original the contrast between strands was a lot higher. 

5 часов назад, x-WhiteDevil-x сказал:

Could it be cause of Copyright issues. It looks just like Hatsune Miku and it belongs to some other company.

Octavia Diva Skin by Iukinu_u

Yeah, gotta agree. It definitely looks like they turned down both the volume and brightness, and while I get what they're saying in the patch notes, I also can't see the problem they're talking about given that Wukong has much brighter and prominent twin-tails now than this skin.

They've just gone overboard with toning it down. Now the tails are substantially dimmer than even the other emissive parts of her own body and they've been shrunk so much that they no longer align with her helmet details, making it look just awkward.

This skin was probably going to be my first Tennogen purchase, but now I think I'll hold off to see if there's some reversion here and just wait for her Deluxe, as I really like the Infested.

Edited by KokoroWish

I'm glad they toned it down and bought it because they did.

If they didn't it would be like the butterfly wing syandanna except permanently extended (anyone remember that glitch, that was thankfully quickly resolved, which nearly ruined the syandanna because you could aim or see anything on screen?) with no way to shrink it down making it near impossible to aim or do anything if you're playing Octavia.

Honestly it would be way too blinding and in the way for the person playing, not just team-mates.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I bought the butterfly wings because they were permanently out. And then they "fixed" it and now I never use them because they look silly folded, which for me is nearly all the time. As for being blinded by them... you really aren't. Even if they were super bright right now they're not in the way of your aiming at all. I've been doing a lot of missions with her today and it's not an issue at all. Especially since most of the time you're invisible, and the rest of the time you're not in combat. 

35 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

As for being blinded by them... you really aren't. Even if they were super bright right now they're not in the way of your aiming at all.

Yes, you aren't blinded by them because they made them smaller and less obtrusive. (You know, did the thing that caused this very thread)
If they had the original concept idea then you would be blinded by them.
So its a good thing that they toned it down.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Plenty of things are brighter than what the octavia tails are. And if they were brighter that still wouldnt matter. It would be a passive brightness on your screen. If anything spell casts are much more obtrusive since they move, flash, flicker, or explode. For example vortex, bastille, molecular prime, sonar.. you get my point. And if you add white energy to them they're super bright and distracting. Ive never once found myself thinking "wow. My character is too bright" in any game. Just tone down the whites if you have to but its not going to blind anyone

I don't have a problem with the brightness or transparency.  My issue is that they don't appear to have any physics.  There's a little bit of animation when the head turns, but otherwise they're locked in place and clip through everything.

17 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

DE can you perhaps re-look at these?

Currently instead of looking like they have mass they're super transparent and rather plain looking. The whole reason many of us were excited for it was that we'd actually get big long twin-tails of energy hair, but well.. currently we really just seem to get a rather small mass of energy that doesn't much match the hair that was shown.

I get that you think it would be too bright and blinding for people, but have you played your own game? Many many effects are brighter and much harder to look at given they move quickly and flash. Especially in the dark infested tile sets. Hell the pyra syandana and many of the others are brighter than the hair currently is, and many of the helmet energy effects too, such as wukongs braids. 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

If you look there in the original picture the hair is neither blinding or too bright. And the shape is much different too, you get actual width at the bottom, much in the way hair poofs out from being tight at the roots. It looks super good in the picture and it's a little disappointing seeing that we get roughly half of that length with a lot less dimension. 

Have you considered that the preview from whichever program doesn't translate the same into the game? And also that the change was because it looked too much like actual hair and that it doesn't work too well with the general warframe aesthetic?

2 hours ago, Geraion said:

Have you considered that the preview from whichever program doesn't translate the same into the game? And also that the change was because it looked too much like actual hair and that it doesn't work too well with the general warframe aesthetic?

I considered it, but i also remember that they already previewed how it was in the devstream showing them off. 

But you could be right about the aesthetic since they are rather picky about it