The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 22.12.0: Weapons Changes Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

vor 9 Minuten schrieb iceyShardZ:

the issue isn't that the ignis is too strong,the issue is its too strong next to other beam weapons

If one thing is to strong you need to nerf it, you don't break anything else until the first thing fits.

Edited by Walkampf

2 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If one thing is to strong you need to nerf it, you don't break anything else.

i actually tested and all of those beam weapons got reduced to almost S#&$ tier now if you are not just camping at one spot and aiming at extremely slowed enemies,if you dare to move and play the game you are f***ed

the ramp up should no doubt be similiar to the soma,where it ramps up the fire rate,and stays fast,imagine if the soma had to ramp up per target,this is f***ing absurd

Edited by iceyShardZ

the ramp up should be no different than the soma,since all of those beam weapons are essentially machine guns

just imagine if the soma had a  per target ramp up,this is utterly absurd,and should be reverted as soon as possible

literally lost my motivation to play today because of this

Edited by iceyShardZ

vor 7 Minuten schrieb iceyShardZ:

i actually tested and all of those beam weapons got reduced to almost S#&$ tier now if you are not just camping at one spot and aiming at extremely slowed enemies,if you dare to move and play the game you are f***ed

the ramp up should no doubt be similiar to the soma,where it ramps up the fire rate,and stays fast,imagine if the soma had to ramp up per target,this is f***ing absurd

Beam weapons became stronger than those weapons. Your change just creates 'powercreep' between beam ans ballistic weapons. And you whouldn't want that, right?

vor 29 Minuten schrieb iceyShardZ:

you don't see it do you?

this change does NOTHING to the already top tier beam weapons,and makes the average ones NOTHING compared to them,essentially creating a power creep between these weapons!

makes the already overpowered ones stronger and the average ones weaker,don't see ANYTHING wrong with that????

Edited by Walkampf

1 minute ago, iceyShardZ said:

One day, it took them one cursed day to ruin a change what was awaited by the whole playerbase.

I always wanted to use the wiggly tentacle gun but its stats were underwhelming and just now as i was thinking its finally useable it goes just like that back to the trashcan.

1 minute ago, iceyShardZ said:

One day, it took them one cursed day to ruin a change what was awaited by the whole playerbase.

I always wanted to use the wiggly tentacle gun but its stats were underwhelming and just now as i was thinking its finally useable it goes just like that back to the trashcan.

Just now, Walkampf said:

Beam weapons became stronger than those weapons. Your change just creates 'powercreep' between beam ans ballistic weapons.

no,with this change some beam weapons became really bad if you want to actually move and play the game

the ramp up mechanic that already existed was enough of a balance to these weapons, this change is utterly unnecessary and incentivizes static gameplay which is both boring and awful

4 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Beam weapons became stronger than those weapons. Your change just creates 'powercreep' between beam ans ballistic weapons.

also then just buff the soma???

why make these weapons only viable if you are standing still and not parkouring rather than just buffing 1 stupid weapons ffs

Gerade eben schrieb iceyShardZ:

no,with this change some beam weapons became really bad if you want to actually move and play the game

This is only true if you are bad at aiming. beamweapons rampup offer a risk/reward mechanic.

If your aim is good, you can use the stronger beam weapns.

If you need to spray and pray, you choose a ballistic weapon.

3 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I'm assuming it's for balance reasons and also gives beam weapon some uniqueness. All beam weapon are pretty strong now.

Beam weapons already have their uniqueness in that their shots abruptly stop existing past a certain point (yes, so does the arca plasmor, but that thing's got a two metre wide hitbox) and eat ammo faster than normal guns, but in return have an easier time applying damage to enemies. They do not need this weird per-target overheat mechanic.

I'll throw in with the OP here - why? Who asked for this?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb iceyShardZ:

also then just buff the soma???

why make these weapons only viable if you are standing still and not parkouring rather than just buffing 1 stupid weapons ffs

Buffing the Soma

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Walkampf:

(...)whould not fix the does not solve the issue of the ignis being to strong, it just makes every other beamweapon just a problematic.

Edited by Walkampf

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

This is only true if you are bad at aiming. beamweapons rampup offer a risk/reward mechanic.

If your aim is good, you can use the stronger beam weapns.

If you need to spray and pray, you choose a ballistic weapon.

you can aim but if your crosshair just moves away from an enemy for a millisecond you lost all your damage

so no

this is f*cking stupid beyond belief

without ramp up decay this is unbelievably hopeless

Edited by iceyShardZ

Gerade eben schrieb iceyShardZ:

you can aim but if your crosshair just moves away from an enemy for a millisecond you lost all your damage

so no

this is f*cking stupid beyond belief

You are wrong.

'"and decays back to 10% over 1 second after stopping"'

Gerade eben schrieb Xelectrobird:

okay,so not a millisecond, then a second,are you for real? this is still pretty bad,these weapons should work like miniguns

It's not bad, if you aim is good enough.

If it is not, you are free to use ballistic weapons.

The choice is yours.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The choice is yours.

this is a horde shooter,if it takes one second to actually start dealing damage to each enemy you see,it becomes pretty absurd pretty quickly,

the problem isn't aiming,the problem is that this reduces your average damage by an insane factor,since every new enemy you hit,you hit it with 10% of your damage,this means that every  miniscule minion can take you over half a second to kill,while for many other weapons it would simply require 1 stupid bullet,

this ramp up per target could be okay if the ramp up time was halved,and the ramp up decay stayed at 1 second,

or just starting the ramp up from 50% rather than a bloody 10%

8 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The choice is yours.

you mean its not bad if  you stand still and NEVER halt your fire to switch positions, ffs

aiming is easy,especially with perfectly accurate weapons,my aim is just fine,its just that this game requires you to switch positions constantly,and to keep reverting to 10% damage is infuriating

Edited by iceyShardZ