The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Chroma will never be tanky again: (UPDATED TO CONTAIN THE BEST BALANCING IDEAS IN THE FIRST POST)

DeadlyCreation

Gerade eben schrieb Darkmoone1:

Can we also add the possibility of 100% status chance buff for Spectral Scream to the OP? I feel like it should be a possibility for Spectral Scream to lock down and disable enemies while dealing elemental damage. The idea of always rolling for a chance to do CC while your literally shooting an element out of your warframe never sat well for me. This would make Chroma a much better Utility/Tanky warframe 

i can understand the point you are aiming it but i would not call it op since you can tuse your weapons anymore. this would be a nessecairy change to make it even usefull. btw have you checked the original post on page one? i added some ideas how to make spectral scream working. would love to hear what u think.

Just now, DeadlyCreation said:

i can understand the point you are aiming it but i would not call it op since you can tuse your weapons anymore. this would be a nessecairy change to make it even usefull. btw have you checked the original post on page one? i added some ideas how to make spectral scream working. would love to hear what u think.

I didn't mean OP as in Over powered, but if you could add that idea to the Original Post (First post edit). :P

The ideas in the Original post are nice, but none of it will matter if the status chance itself stays is 60%. There will always be the possbility of the affect not going through. This means that you need the damage to tick multiple times just to get the near guarantee of an affect to land. That's why I want that change and for it to be added to the Original Post. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Darkmoone1:

I didn't mean OP as in Over powered, but if you could add that idea to the Original Post (First post edit). :P

The ideas in the Original post are nice, but none of it will matter if the status chance itself stays is 60%. There will always be the possbility of the affect not going through. This means that you need the damage to tick multiple times just to get the near guarantee of an affect to land. That's why I want that change and for it to be added to the Original Post. 

in general laser weapons (eg flame thower and also spectral scream) need an intere rework. DE said they will take a look at this in DMG 3.0 but yes - make it 100% so you could just quickly tap 1 and get a guaranteed proc.

just because I feel like it, a quick and dirty analysis of his current abilities:

1. Spectral scream: damage with vex armor buff is quite nice, unrestricted movement as well. Nevertheless still pointless because its base range is so small that you'd need 250 % range to get decent range, but by doing so Spectral scream's damage suffers too much. The channeling is also problematic since he can't really regen his energy during it.

Suggestion: Make him spit essentially embers fireball ability with a fixed max range, that explodes on contact, inflicting a forced explosion proc. Its explosion radius should be affected by ability range.

2. Elemental ward: Not that it wasn't always clear, but now its painfully obvious: His elemental effects suck and are in dire need of an rework.

Fire is the only useful element atm and doesn't need fixing, but:

Poison is completely useless, since holster speed is nothing but a irrelevant stat and reload speed alone isn't useful enough. Suggestion: Scrap holster speed and add attack speed with all weapons to it.

Electrcity: Having more shields actively works against the fury buff from vex armor, so I'd suggest scrapping the shield boost part entirely and replace it with a movement speed buff and a pure damage / stun oriented aura.

Ice: As it stands now, ice is deader than dead, but ice was only useful /bc of the old calculation. The slow aura with ice proccs was already quite useful, so I'd suggest replacing the armor effect with a % based damage reduction like Mesa's shattershield or Trinity's blessing.

Elemental ward should also be Chroma's only buffing ability, but as such have affinity range and buff "stickyness" like with his augment. Additionally, Elemental Ward should be a Ivara quiver like ability that allows element switching. The different elemental effects should also stack and not cancel each other out.

3. Vex Armor: The current recastability is much appreciated, but thats about the only good part. The aura concept is just bad, because Vex armor is supposed to grant him more damage and survivability, that combined with the effects from Elemental Ward would be too much (if applied to a group). Let Vex Armor be a self buff only, but rework the damage calculation formula again, because the way it's now, Rhino's Roar and all other similar buffs are much stronger despite the ridicoulus large number on the buff icon. The armor boost part can now be safely tossed in the dumpster and should be replaced with %based damage reduction. That way he can still be as tanky as Trinity, deal good but not op damage, and use Elemental ward to buff the team.

4. Effigy: Give the stupid thing affinity range (or at least a fixed, unmoddable 30 m) and vex armor scaling, make it inherit all elemental ward effects - ie. it changes its damage type to virus after you activate poison and ice element, and after activation of electricity and fire it becomes radiation. Once you've cast all 4 elemental types, it deals virus and radiation damage simultaneusly. This way, there might even be a point in using it, because atm its a pointless energy sink without range, damage or reason to exist, basically.

Edited by DarkGuard01
clarification

@Autongnosis

A perfect Argument.  I think you covered every base on that.

I guess I'll leave my salty video proof and the eHP comparison I did of Trinity + Guardian x2 for added effect.

Ice dies in 7 hits, Heat dies in 8 hits, Heat + QT dies in 10 hits, Ice + QT dies in 11 hits. Nova dies in 18 hits.

Nova is not using her most powerful ability Slow, which is effectively 0.25x damage intake from most enemies and she's considerably more agile than Chroma. This is a joke comparison showing both the weak amount of eHP Chroma is now dealing with and the flaw in relying on armor as your source of survival.

But it gets worse. Or better? Depends on your brand of humor...

-Trinity Abating Link Tank Hybrid-
Blessing + Link
100 * 0.25 = 25
25 * 0.25 = 6.25 / 100 = 0.0625 (93.75%)

Armor + Arcane Guardian x2
15 + 600 + 600 = 1,215
1,215 / ( 1,215 + 300) = 0.802

Health DR
100 * 0.0625 = 6.25
6.25 * (1 - 0.802) = 1.2375 / 100 = 0.012375
= 98.76% DR

450 / (1 - 0.9375) = 7,200
740 / (1 - 0.9875) = 59,200
1,531.2 / (1 - 0.9875) = 122,495

Total eHP
7,200 + 59,200 + 122,495 = 188,895 eHP

(This is a 100% Abating Hybrid build, not even full tank)

Pretty much all the DR Buff based frames got a massive eHP boost from the new Arcane Guardian, Mesa, Nova, Gara. Even Nidus got a nice chunk of Survival. Still need to test Rhino and Nekros but you know who doesn't get much, lacks CC or pretty much anything to aid in survival? Chroma.

They need to get Chroma away from Armor mitigation and his kit justifies far more eHP.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb DarkGuard01:

just because I feel like it, a quick and dirty analysis of his current abilities:

1. Spectral scream: damage with vex armor buff is quite nice, unrestricted movement as well. Nevertheless still pointless because its base range is so small that you'd need 250 % range to get decent range, but by doing so Spectral scream's damage suffers too much. The channeling is also problematic since he can't really regen his energy during it.

Suggestion: Make him spit essentially embers fireball ability with a fixed max range, that explodes on contact, inflicting a forced explosion proc. Its explosion radius should be affected by ability range.

2. Elemental ward: Not that it wasn't always clear, but now its painfully obvious: His elemental effects suck and are in dire need of an rework.

Fire is the only useful element atm and doesn't need fixing, but:

Poison is completely useless, since holster speed is nothing but a irrelevant stat and reload speed alone isn't useful enough. Suggestion: Scrap holster speed and add attack speed with all weapons to it.

Electrcity: Having more shields actively works against the fury buff from vex armor, so I'd suggest scrapping the shield boost part entirely and replace it with a movement speed buff and a pure damage / stun oriented aura.

Ice: As it stands now, ice is deader than dead, but ice was only useful /bc of the old calculation. The slow aura with ice proccs was already quite useful, so I'd suggest replacing the armor effect with a % based damage reduction like Mesa's shattershield or Trinity's blessing.

Elemental ward should also be Chroma's only buffing ability, but as such have affinity range and buff "stickyness" like with his augment. Additionally, Elemental Ward should be a Ivara quiver like ability that allows element switching. The different elemental effects should also stack and not cancel each other out.

3. Vex Armor: The current recastability is much appreciated, but thats about the only good part. The aura concept is just bad, because Vex armor is supposed to grant him more damage and survivability, that combined with the effects from Elemental Ward would be too much. Let Vex Armor be a self buff only, but rework the damage calculation formula again, because the way it's now, Rhino's Roar and all other similar buffs are much stronger despite the ridicoulus large number on the buff icon. The armor boost part can now be safely tossed in the dumpster and should be replaced with %based damage reduction. That way he can still be as tanky as Trinity, deal good but not op damage, and use Elemental ward to buff the team.

4. Effigy: Give the stupid thing affinity range (or at least a fixed, unmoddable 30 m) and vex armor scaling, make it inherit all elemental ward effects - ie. it changes its damage type to virus after you activate poison and ice element, and after activation of electricity and fire it becomes radiation. Once you've cast all 4 elemental types, it deals virus and radiation damage simultaneusly. This way, there might even be a point in using it, because atm its a pointless energy sink without range, damage or reason to exist, basically.

awesome awesome ideas! hope DE is reading through all the bad parts and reaching to this! finally some sane person in this thread!

26 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

@Autongnosis

I guess I'll leave my salty video proof and the eHP comparison I did of Trinity + Guardian x2 for added effect.

Ice dies in 7 hits, Heat dies in 8 hits, Heat + QT dies in 10 hits, Ice + QT dies in 11 hits. Nova dies in 18 hits.

Nova is not using her most powerful ability Slow, which is effectively 0.25x damage intake from most enemies and she's considerably more agile than Chroma. This is a joke comparison showing both the weak amount of eHP Chroma is now dealing with and the flaw in relying on armor as your source of survival.

Blessing + Link
100 * 0.25 = 25

15 + 600 + 600 = 1,215

Health DR
100 * 0.0625 = 6.25
= 98.76% DR

Total eHP

Pretty much all the DR Buff based frames got a massive eHP boost from the new Arcane Guardian, Mesa, Nova, Gara. Even Nidus got a nice chunk of Survival. Still need to test Rhino and Nekros but you know who doesn't get much, lacks CC or pretty much anything to aid in survival? Chroma.

They need to get Chroma away from Armor mitigation and his kit justifies far more eHP.

How will Chroma look like while Effigy (maybe with Spectral Scream also) with bad Energy efficiency and Rage + Hunter Adrenaline will be active? Thanks

6 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Oh, is that so?

Inaros(620) = Base Armor(200) + Steelfiber(220) + Scarab Armor(200)

Vauban(142,5)=  Base Armor(50) + Steelfiber(55) + Passive(3x12,5)

Valkyr(1560) =Base Armor(600) + Steelfiber(660) + Warcry (300)

Valkyr from Wikia calculation(1650) = Base Armor(600) + Steelfiber(660) + Warcry (300*1.3)

So, which ability is it, which multiplies the total armor?

As far as i can see, those all buff the base armor and then add steelfiber on top.

You are incorrect as is the wiki. A common mistake from a player based site, as you said about Vex Armor's wiki description. Warcry is a total armor buff, taken after mods. I've done enough testing to know. The same goes for Ironclad Charge, and Metronome. Vauban's passive is unknown and I have yet totest, and Inaros is effectively an additive 200 armor rather than a base armor buff. This is known because of the coding involved rather than the descriptions shown. I don't rely on the wiki or my info, I rely on my hours of testing and 50 page notebook with formulas. builds, theorycraft, and in-game notes. To test how all these abilities function, I used Rhino to test the difference in his iron skin amount from buffs such as Elemental Ward, Warcry, Ironclad Charge, etc. When I tell you those calculations are incorrect, I can give you a whole page worth of notes on why. Can you tell me where you got your information from? Wiki and Hearsay is not hard proof that can be accepted.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Crixus044:

You are incorrect as is the wiki. A common mistake from a player based site, as you said about Vex Armor's wiki description. Warcry is a total armor buff, taken after mods. I've done enough testing to know. The same goes for Ironclad Charge, and Metronome. Vauban's passive is unknown and I have yet totest, and Inaros is effectively an additive 200 armor rather than a base armor buff. This is known because of the coding involved rather than the descriptions shown. I don't rely on the wiki or my info, I rely on my hours of testing and 50 page notebook with formulas. builds, theorycraft, and in-game notes. To test how all these abilities function, I used Rhino to test the difference in his iron skin amount from buffs such as Elemental Ward, Warcry, Ironclad Charge, etc. When I tell you those calculations are incorrect, I can give you a whole page worth of notes on why. Can you tell me where you got your information from? Wiki and Hearsay is not hard proof that can be accepted.

Hmm, i'm definitly interested in what you found. I'd like you to send me the pages via PM, if you don't mind.

However, i'm skeptical. Wikis in general are usually reliable. Not always, true, however, having a group of people working on a dedicated problem is very effective. I'm not outright saying, that you are wrong, but however, it's unlikly.

I'd strongly suggest, that you edit the wiki and see how it develops.

Maybe, that group of people made all the same mistake, so that nobody realised it yet.

Also, the formulas on the wiki conclude to the very statement that DE put out in April 2017, namely that both buffs of Vex Armor are a lot stronger than the developers intended them to be.

So, with all due respect, speaking entirely under the aspect of probability, i think you made an error somewhere.

Especially since, as i already stated, Vex Armor was offically confirmed to be overperforming.

But as i said, you should turn to the wiki in discuss your finding within the community of other theorycrafters.

35 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

@Autongnosis

Blessing + Link
100 * 0.25 = 25

15 + 600 + 600 = 1,215

Health DR
100 * 0.0625 = 6.25
= 98.76% DR

Total eHP

I'll add to this with lesser tanks. Mesa with the same situation without Quick Thinking = 96,425. Nidus with the same situation without Quick Thinking = 90,465. Nekros with SoS and Quick Thinking: 203,133. Inaros with steel fiber, Armored Agility and Gladiator and vitality and primed vigor, but no quick thinking = 47,380. Chroma With Quick Thinking and 299% Power Strength (An excessive build) with healing arcanes (due to not having a method of healing unlike the others: 47,424.

Of all these tanks, Inaros has a max range blind CC and self sustaining heal, blind CC adds 8x damage to melee and opens finishers. Nekros has a range loot buffer. aggro diverter, and strong CC. Mesa has strong DPS, CC, and team damage buff. Nidus has team heals and strong CC. Trinity has team heals, team DR, and team energy.

Chroma has a small range armor and team damage buff. Also to note, because of his reliance on armor, Chroma's EHp is more affected by damage types than all the others. So if going against an enemy with primarily puncture damage, chroma's EHp drops to 13,056. This drop is only matched by one other frame, inaros, at a much lesser extent, who would have 17,854 EHp. So either way, chroma is the worst tank in the game now, and his team support does not help this one bit.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

How will Chroma look like while Effigy (maybe with Spectral Scream also) with bad Energy efficiency and Rage + Hunter Adrenaline will be active? Thanks

Effigy is usually suicide for Chroma because it halves his armor.

(Actually I'm curious if the -50% is additive now instead of Multiplicative like it's been. I bet they left it 1/2 total armor which is also proof as intent behind Chroma's armor multiplying nature)

Rage + Hunters? Do you mean with QT?  I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

22 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Effigy is usually suicide for Chroma because it halves his armor.

(Actually I'm curious if the -50% is additive now instead of Multiplicative like it's been. I bet they left it 1/2 total armor which is also proof as intent behind Chroma's armor multiplying nature)

Rage + Hunters? Do you mean with QT?  I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

QT can be there. I use Channeling for this method, it's something like "Sacrifice Energy to survive". Your Energy drain is fast enough to make a free space in Energy pool for Rage and/or Hunters.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

QT can be there. I use Channeling for this method, it's something like "Sacrifice Energy to survive". Your Energy drain is fast enough to make a free space in Energy pool for Rage and/or Hunters.

dont know if it is a good idea to sacrifice two mods in chroma. i mean atm his abilities are crap and removing more strength from him would make it even worse. especially since you could just run this combination on any other frame and have the same result.

9 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

dont know if it is a good idea to sacrifice two mods in chroma. i mean atm his abilities are crap and removing more strength from him would make it even worse. especially since you could just run this combination on any other frame and have the same result.

Exchange for Streamline and FE is not Sacrifice. Imho only Channeling abilities are worth Rage and Hunters, in high lvl u can be 1-shot because u don't use abilities so often to have enough space for Conversion, reason why I use high cost Channeling builds in my melees.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Exchange for Streamline and FE is not Sacrifice. Imho only Channeling abilities are worth Rage and Hunters, in high lvl u can be 1-shot because u don't use abilities so often to have enough space for Conversion, reason why I use high cost Channeling builds in my melees.

i am not running streamline. p .flow vitality/armor p. continuity and dmg mods because without that amount of dmg chromas buff is not even noticeable. anyway this should not be a point of discussion. this about chromas scorn buff :D

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Crixus044:

I'll add to this with lesser tanks. Mesa with the same situation without Quick Thinking = 96,425. Nidus with the same situation without Quick Thinking = 90,465. Nekros with SoS and Quick Thinking: 203,133. Inaros with steel fiber, Armored Agility and Gladiator and vitality and primed vigor, but no quick thinking = 47,380. Chroma With Quick Thinking and 299% Power Strength (An excessive build) with healing arcanes (due to not having a method of healing unlike the others: 47,424.

Of all these tanks, Inaros has a max range blind CC and self sustaining heal, blind CC adds 8x damage to melee and opens finishers. Nekros has a range loot buffer. aggro diverter, and strong CC. Mesa has strong DPS, CC, and team damage buff. Nidus has team heals and strong CC. Trinity has team heals, team DR, and team energy.

Chroma has a small range armor and team damage buff. Also to note, because of his reliance on armor, Chroma's EHp is more affected by damage types than all the others. So if going against an enemy with primarily puncture damage, chroma's EHp drops to 13,056. This drop is only matched by one other frame, inaros, at a much lesser extent, who would have 17,854 EHp. So either way, chroma is the worst tank in the game now, and his team support does not help this one bit.

yeah there should refinately return vex armor to a self buff and make effigy a team buff. splitting it up in two abilities would work and it wouldnt nerf the strength of vex armor. also effigy is pretty useless atm so we have nothing to loose

You know the equation change only affected the Fury Buff it didn't affect his Scorn Buff so in the end he is actually more of a tank. the equation that they listed as show on the DEV work shop.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Q: What is the new formula for damage and armor calculation?
A: Instead of [(Base * Mods) * Vex Armor], it is now [Base * (Vex + Mods)], like all other damage boosting abilities.

Now it displays that it is additive damage instead of multiplicative. Now a hint into the fact that Fury was the only thing nerfed is the equation it's self and them saying "like all other DAMAGE boosting abilities" Does Rhino need to take health damage to give us a 299% damage buff? No, he does not. This means that tank wise he is actually better because they slipped a stat bonus in since they took his dps down so far. In example: i had a 523%(in actuality 2,700%) Fury buff and a 899% Scorn buff, Now I have a 822% Fury Buff (now as it actually appears) and a 1046% armor buff.

Images to show proof:

Pre-Nerf:

E8739813B01567A6A0258F46B3D2FB48502B5A36

Post-Nerf:

2F1159C89B1D809B9C49878A3E489596B48DB15C

This goes to show that they Buffed his Scorn and just Nerfed his Fury. THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE IS GARBAGE!!! The best possible DPS buff in game is with a Banshee at 14x damage...and with that you have to hit certain areas on the enemies, not always the head and not always a vulnerable spot if you are talking about Knoxxes. But now he can do upwards of 8.22x damage anywhere on a target, and so can his team. The second closest being Rhino i believe at 2.99x (299%) without situational or PoE mods (that one intensify esque mod). He also can boost his armor from 350 at base to 3,661 and he can do the same for teammates a max tanking Valkyr prime would get 7k+ armor (7,322 + 2,278 = 9,600 armor). He is good Right now, He has gone from a point and click to kill to a Buffer/Tank. I say everyone is overacting because they lost their edilon one shooter.

p.s. for those who want to do the math on his olds dps being broken here is the no buff shot with the Rubico i used in the first image.

6E9D5420F57950C2873387C06BB58D69DFC5C143

Edit:

From what I can see on the Wiki his Scorn buff is calculated the same exact way "(e.g., with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify, Scorn will increase Chroma's total armor to a maximum of 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 1.3 = 3344.25 at rank 3)" from the wiki.

also i ran it through a calc, vex with steel fiber and here's what i got. Usin my old buff numbers in both equations

Old:

((350*1.1)*5.23) = 2013.55

New:

(350*(5.23+1.1) = 2215.5

Difference:

201.95 in the new Vex Armor's favor.

New with New Numbers:

(350*(10.46+1.1) = 4046

Edited by John411

vor 31 Minuten schrieb John411:

You know the equation change only affected the Fury Buff it didn't affect his Scorn Buff so in the end he is actually more of a tank. the equation that they listed as show on the DEV work shop.

Now it displays that it is additive damage instead of multiplicative. Now a hint into the fact that Fury was the only thing nerfed is the equation it's self and them saying "like all other DAMAGE boosting abilities" Does Rhino need to take health damage to give us a 299% damage buff? No, he does not. This means that tank wise he is actually better because they slipped a stat bonus in since they took his dps down so far. In example: i had a 523%(in actuality 2,700%) Fury buff and a 899% Scorn buff, Now I have a 822% Fury Buff (now as it actually appears) and a 1046% armor buff.

Images to show proof:

Pre-Nerf:

E8739813B01567A6A0258F46B3D2FB48502B5A36

Post-Nerf:

2F1159C89B1D809B9C49878A3E489596B48DB15C

This goes to show that they Buffed his Scorn and just Nerfed his Fury. THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE IS GARBAGE!!! The best possible DPS buff in game is with a Banshee at 14x damage...and with that you have to hit certain areas on the enemies, not always the head and not always a vulnerable spot if you are talking about Knoxxes. But now he can do upwards of 8.22x damage anywhere on a target, and so can his team. The second closest being Rhino i believe at 2.99x (299%) without situational or PoE mods (that one intensify esque mod). He also can boost his armor from 350 at base to 3,661 and he can do the same for teammates a max tanking Valkyr prime would get 7k+ armor (7,322 + 2,278 = 9,600 armor). He is good Right now, He has gone from a point and click to kill to a Buffer/Tank. I say everyone is overacting because they lost their edilon one shooter.

p.s. for those who want to do the math on his olds dps being broken here is the no buff shot with the Rubico i used in the first image.

6E9D5420F57950C2873387C06BB58D69DFC5C143

Edit:

From what I can see on the Wiki his Scorn buff is calculated the same exact way "(e.g., with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify, Scorn will increase Chroma's total armor to a maximum of 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 1.3 = 3344.25 at rank 3)" from the wiki.

no scorn got the exact same treatment as fury because havifn a mulplicative armor team buff would have ben too strong seemingly. anyway it might just be a bug but atm scorn behaves exactly like fury. (armor*scorn+mods not as befor armor*scorn*mods). if it was a bug i hope they fix it. but since DE hasnt released a hotfix yet i am sure it was intended.

3 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

no scorn got the exact same treatment as fury because havifn a mulplicative armor team buff would have ben too strong seemingly. anyway it might just be a bug but atm scorn behaves exactly like fury. (armor*scorn+mods not as befor armor*scorn*mods). if it was a bug i hope they fix it. but since DE hasnt released a hotfix yet i am sure it was intended.

I made a small edit to the post where i put the calculations through a calculator and this is how it turned out

Old:

((350*1.1)*5.23) = 2013.55

New:

(350*(5.23+1.1) = 2215.5

Difference:

New with New Numbers:

(350*(10.46+1.1) = 4046

If i have made an error inc this can you tell me where, i'm actually curious because i've seen some older calculations that say armor at like 12k+ and i don't know how else it is wrong, maybe not including power strength maybe?

Here's my build up that is in the pictures and calc.

DF80525AEF93F680D6E0D5C7985125F65ED70DB4

now i don't have Steel Fiber on it so that too might effect the calculation.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb John411:

I made a small edit to the post where i put the calculations through a calculator and this is how it turned out

Old:

((350*1.1)*5.23) = 2013.55

New:

(350*(5.23+1.1) = 2215.5

Difference:

New with New Numbers:

(350*(10.46+1.1) = 4046

If i have made an error inc this can you tell me where, i'm actually curious because i've seen some older calculations that say armor at like 12k+ and i don't know how else it is wrong, maybe not including power strength maybe?

Here's my build up that is in the pictures and calc.

DF80525AEF93F680D6E0D5C7985125F65ED70DB4

now i don't have Steel Fiber on it so that too might effect the calculation.

steel fiber is not that important anymore. because vex armor doesnt multiply it atm. same goes for ice tank. it just way weaker now because vex armor doesnt multiply with the armor given by the ice buff. so atm everyone is either running fire or electric.

the old build did revolve heavily around mods that increase the armor of chroma as well as the ice elemtal ward buff. if you didnt run either of those back in the days you wont notice the difference but they made chroma seriously more tanky. it was like: (armor+armor*steelfiber+elemental ward)*scorn buff. now it is simply: armor*scorn+armor*steelfiber+elemental ward . you can allready see what is way stronger.

eg (350+350*1,1+100)*8(example scorn buff)=6.680 (<-old method)

350*8+350*1,1+100=3285 (<- new method)

literally halves his armor

Edited by DeadlyCreation

Chroma is dead and anyone who thinks that DE are going to fix him to any degree are sorely mistaken. It's not the first time they gutted a frame into oblivion and won't be the last. I'd recommend puting your arcane graces into Nekros or playing a better game.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:16 AM, DeadlyCreation said:

give spectral scream the ability to taunt enemies. giving chroma the ability to tank for his teammates

Would also enable him to take the damage required, to build up vex armor. 

+1 I like the new changes. It sounds awesome

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Fujiwuji:

Chroma is dead and anyone who thinks that DE are going to fix him to any degree are sorely mistaken. It's not the first time they gutted a frame into oblivion and won't be the last. I'd recommend puting your arcane graces into Nekros or playing a better game.

knowing DE they gutted him now to release the prime chroma with a new rework to make sales. it was obvious that this had to happen as soon as chroma prime will be around in about halve a year.