Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike | To Nerf or Not to Nerf

karlosxskull1

4 hours ago, Lord_Yawgmoth said:

yeah idk either...

excaliburs 40m swordwave in synergy with slideattack crit-mechanic and even better with bloodrush too...woah, who else wants to keep using that lowly 25m whip range when u can have 40m with about 8x times the base dmg, oh and while at it plz let the swordwave stack up combocounter

Except Scoliac Range Riven due to Disposition is closer to 50+m, out classing Slide-Blind Range and able to instantly hit targets because no travel time and similar 'melee environment' Punch-through.

Also due to Wave Blade not adding to the combo counter: Exalted Blade would still not fully benefit from Blood Rush crit combo scaling. This being somewhat balanced compared to late-game melee alternatives.

Blood Rush + Maiming Strike Hysteria would be incredibly powerful but still limited by short Range.

I can out Melee Range kill Excalibur with Lacera, but again that is niche where Riven disposition Range + P.Reach allows for such. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)MrNishi:

Except Scoliac Range Riven due to Disposition is closer to 50+m, out classing Slide-Blind Range and able to instantly hit targets because no travel time and similar 'melee environment' Punch-through.

Also due to Wave Blade not adding to the combo counter: Exalted Blade would still not fully benefit from Blood Rush crit combo scaling. This being somewhat balanced compared to late-game melee alternatives.

Blood Rush + Maiming Strike Hysteria would be incredibly powerful but still limited by short Range.

I can out Melee Range kill Excalibur with Lacera, but again that is niche where Riven disposition Range + P.Reach allows for such. 

yes and suddenly rivens count for exalted weapons too 120m swordwace inc

37 minutes ago, Lord_Yawgmoth said:

yes and suddenly rivens count for exalted weapons too 120m swordwace inc

Um, I don't think DE would go that far.

(Except certain Riven stats already do bolster some Exalted abilities: Gara Shattered Lash using Melee Riven base Damage, Elemental, Puncture, & Slash stats)*

When Waveblade worked with Covert Lethality - 1 hit kill within 40m range: that was probably the most broken Excalibur has ever been. I cannot see them repeating that blunder.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:17 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I did some tests last night with a Guandao and a Cassowar, and from just general play I was outkilling enemies with the Cassowar with a Condition Overload build than I was with a Guandao that had a pure crit build with Maiming Strike and Blood Rush.

Status is King in Warframe, not Crit. Something can be said about hybrid builds for both status and crit, but you can go much farther with a status Condition Overload build in this game than spin-2-winning with crit.

I feel there’s just a lot of misinformed speculation on what is dominating in this game from a lot of players, and it pretty much boils down to people profiling others on their actions and assuming on their disingenuousness.

I can respect all that you've said, thank you & PS4 is Life (:

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

No.. If they do nerf Maiming.. Then they should just nerf critical chance for all weapons

So nerf all weapons effectiveness over one mod people may or may not own? okay. This isn't a nerf to maiming strike. This is a fix, if anything, making weapons unable to hit through walls. Which face it, why would a weapon be able to do that logically?

Edited by Kalarual

On 2018-02-12 at 11:43 AM, Raatv said:

Why not mention all the rivens that have better crit on slide stats that ppl have paid serious plat for?

Yes some of those rivens cost a lot of plat. And some rivens cost way too much any reasonable person (who has still other things that he needs to get in game) should pay for them considering that riven dispositions can change and game mechanics can change.

Edit: I have some of such rivens + maiming strike too but guess what...i use those builds maximum 20% of time. You only really need +slide crit on weapons that have low base crit chance (the infamous Scoliac vs for example Galatine Prime that is much stronger without slide crits). We already have equally strong alternate builds available for people who just like me don't enjoy repeatedly pressing slide crit in all of their missions (just because most people use slide crits). The change to not being able to hit through walls makes a lot of sense also. My guess is that after melee changes +slide crit will be as useful on weapons with low base crit chance. But maybe new combo system will make more people realize that there are more ways to use melee and switching play styles from time to time is a good thing.

Edited by DjKaplis

On 2018-02-12 at 11:43 AM, Raatv said:

Why not mention all the rivens that have better crit on slide stats that ppl have paid serious plat for?

DE didn't decide that said mods should be insanely expensive, the players did. If you spent stupid amount of plat to get said mods despite of everyone and their mother knowing that spin2win would face the nerfhammer sooner or later, you can only blame yourself.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, Kalarual said:

So nerf all weapons effectiveness over one mod people may or may not own? okay. This isn't a nerf to maiming strike. This is a fix, if anything, making weapons unable to hit through walls. Which face it, why would a weapon be able to do that logically?

I agree with melee not being able to hit thru walls..

I'm saying slide strike is the highest damage output on melee.. And slide strike can save your ass when you or a defense target gets swarmed..

As far as "Spin to Win" it's a pun that some people wrap the heads around and figure it to be a default way to play

On 2018-02-15 at 10:16 AM, Recel said:

An attack from a wall or even a combo move is often harder to do, yet usually a simple slide attack will deal more damage than those, which to me makes little sense.

Yeah, it absolutely make no sense. Why should I even care about wall attacks if they award literaly nothing and I can perform 10x better with a safe spin? Seems basic logic application is a rare thing these days. 

On 2018-02-11 at 11:50 PM, karlosxskull1 said:

2. Nerf Mentality| sadly everyone is always jealous and tend to be hating when someone is doing something they can't plain and simple

*breathes in*

Boi.

When you're doing 70%+ of the damage and kills, encouraging people to leech, that Maiming Strike + Blood Rush combo is broken beyond belief. It isn't meant for any official game content (which is only recognized up to level 100), because literally nothing needs that absurd amount of damage.

Edited by Pizzarugi

why am i seeing ridiculous numbers like "scoliac having a 50m" slide attack range?

even with Primed reach and a top teir riven with range, you will get around 10-15m at most... if you had 50m you could slide attack kill the entire map of hydron in one slide.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

On 2018-05-13 at 10:22 AM, Kalarual said:

Are you seriously trying to search logic here when we have enemies with wall penetrating flamethrowers?

19 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

*breathes in*

Boi.

When you're doing 70%+ of the damage and kills, encouraging people to leech, that Maiming Strike + Blood Rush combo is broken beyond belief. It isn't meant for any official game content (which is only recognized up to level 100), because literally nothing needs that absurd amount of damage.

Dude, i can produce the same numbers with surge limbo and yet it will not be a legit evidence.

We all had these absurd number endgame results but thats not really evidence of everything expect that you are either:

1. Too powerful
  2. Your teammates are useless
  3. You are skillful

You say its because you are too powerful i say your teammates were useless, no one can prove either side.

The numbers on these maiming strike videos are high yes, but the amprex was capatable of hitting for 2 million damage before the beam weapon update and yet no one complained. Im not sure about you guys but i dont see too many spinners around to say that they are the curse of the game, in fact i would trade away my afk players for efficient spinners any day.