Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike | To Nerf or Not to Nerf

karlosxskull1

1. Macro's=Forbidden Zone, most games this concept is exploited used for both good and evil. Think about it this way if I got up tomorrow and lost an arm to a jealous girlfriend would I stop playing warframe? Hell NO!!!! Warframe=breakfast+lunch/supper*water=LIFE. I would get me a perfect setup to play with one arm and continue the good old warframe glory.

2. Nerf Mentality| sadly everyone is always jealous and tend to be hating when someone is doing something they can't plain and simple, I mean I admit when I go into a match im like omg why can't I be spinning and killing everything like that XD and I get mad jealous, but here is the thing do I get a whip? Nope -__- I don't like whips and I generally don't like my melee weapons with too much range......let's stop right there I know, I know a lot of self renowned god's and veterans of warframe will tell me how no thats not the way to go you need range and blah blah out the door with you lol idc I play games to enjoy I mean I loved my resonating quake and afk but hey thats gone but even more than that I loved when I did it and I get all them amazed text in chat asking me how I do it awwwww the good old days XD.

3. Warframe is life, Thank YOU (:

comment and tell me what you think, this is kinda my first real post whenever im not online and I am free ill try to make discussions and be active with the community, support DE guys buy platinum, farm relics, trade, chat, have fun, earn cool gear and go into low level missions and show off and smile while doing I mean I do (:

Honestly I'd say it does need a nerf, if only to later on spare the weapons being abused / exploited with it to make those lethal one-hit everything builds.

As far as it goes in group play stuff it is far more tolerable than the RQ Banshees, Embers, and SS Mirages of the past where they killed everything map/room wide before anyone else even got a chance to let off a single shot or kill.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Honestly I'd say it does need a nerf, if only to later on spare the weapons being abused / exploited with it to make those lethal one-hit everything builds.

As far as it goes in group play stuff it is far more tolerable than the RQ Banshees, Embers, and SS Mirages of the past where they killed everything map/room wide before anyone else even got a chance to let off a single shot or kill.

Why not mention all the rivens that have better crit on slide stats that ppl have paid serious plat for?

There was only one instance where Maiming Strike and crit builds were legitimately breaking the game, and it was Naramon’s invisibility proc on crit during Focus 2.0. Now that Focus 2.5 is here, there really isn’t anything that makes them outlandishly op. We’re in the phase of melees (or damage in general) where Condition Overload and status builds are the dominating force in Warframe.

No, Maiming Strike doesn’t need to be nerfed nor do crit builds in general. Especially with armor scaling being an ever-present entity in enemy levels.

And if one concept gets nerfed to the ground, another efficient method of killing will take its place. And we’ll be back on the forums continuing these chains of never ending complaints. These ideals of “true balance” and “perfection” are just facets of player imagination that can hardly be achievable if you ask me.

That was difficult to read without having an aneurysm, but I somehow made it.

In any case, Memeing Strike is an outlier with its calculations, being additive instead of multiplicative with its bonus but getting multiplied into Blood Rush. Expect a fix for it eventually.

It also makes the game a joke; why use any of the newly buffed weapons when I can just spin non-stop and kill everything to a very high level?

I dont have blood rush on my spin to win, figure that out nerfers.

All the stuff that can clear rooms and kill all kinds of things and this always gets brought up. Nothing like sitting in a room watching banshee kill level after level. Yeah, thats fun but I dont call for a nerf on it. Its low level content. Once you get your modding right, you should be able to clear rooms until you get high level. 

To me, this game suffers from not having a good amount of high level content in it to play with our high level gear. You play the sorties once per day and its all done. We need stuff in the 100 level that rewards and challenges our gear..

That to me is the real issue.

The core issue with maiming strike is that it makes a whole bunch of stuff wastes of time, since the best attack option at all times is now the slide attack. It's not an option that is just powerful and slightly overtuned, which I think is not an issue in co-op games. It's an option that is ludicrously dominant at all times.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, Magneu said:

In any case, Memeing Strike is an outlier with its calculations, being additive instead of multiplicative with its bonus but getting multiplied into Blood Rush. Expect a fix for it eventually.

It also makes the game a joke; why use any of the newly buffed weapons when I can just spin non-stop and kill everything to a very high level?

it's been in the game since january 2016 and they recently nerfed it already, it's probably not getting nerfed again.

Am 13.2.2018 um 02:54 schrieb MJ12:

since the best attack option at all times is now the slide attack.

That`s only true for certain weapons, definitely not for alot of others. It`s mostly the combination of slash procs and range, it`s really not a secret. You`ll have a hard time benefiting that much from slide attacks on a Tekko for example, be it red crit or not. Or any single sword, dual sword, god forbid your weapon has impact weighting or puncture :crylaugh: everything where you most likely bump into enemys isn`t very good for slide attacks. You get some higher damage upfront and lose time in return, it evens out at best. 

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

On 2/12/2018 at 2:23 AM, LuckyCharm said:

This mod really is only op because of it's interaction with blood rush, without that then it wouldn't even need to be talked about

^^^^^^-This. Remove Blood Rush multiplying it and Blood Rush+Maiming Strike stops being the, by miles, best combo for melee weapons. Anything where it's not the best combo, like the poster above pointing out Tekko is not exactly going to be destroying rooms (in a vacuum, anyhow, combine with any frame that can bunch enemies up, though...), then they're not starters anyway (relatively speaking, of course, yes you go keep beating up those Grineer with your Tekko and feeling good about it, this is just about the way Maiming Strike+Blood Rush, particularly on weapons with fairly long reaching slide attacks, distort modding return on investment).

14 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I'm on console so I do not believe I experience Macro use on PS4. (I could be wrong)

Do I believe Maiming Strike should be nerfed: shrug

I would rather acolyte mods be allowed to work on Exalted Weapons, I still don't understand handicapping Exalted weapons.

iirc, Drifting Contact works because it’s a Nightmare mod but that’s about it. Exodias most certainly do work as well.

Still, it’s a weird situation where Acolyte mods are exempted from use for Exalted Weapons. Maybe it’ll be addressed once Khora gets released, since she has an Exalted Weapon as well.

14 hours ago, Tyfyter2002 said:

it's been in the game since january 2016 and they recently nerfed it already, it's probably not getting nerfed again.

Chroma has had buggy math for almost three years. DE buffs/nerfs weapons that are years old. Excalibur got a rework years after the start of the game. Time is not a good indicator for when a buff/nerf will come.

Also, Maiming was nerfed? That's news to me, can you show me where you found that?

Honestly, I think the issue, or atleast part of it isn't Maiming strike itself, but that slide attack damage outclasses all othe other ways you can deal damage with a melee weapon, while being one of the easiest moves to preform.

An attack from a wall or even a combo move is often harder to do, yet usually a simple slide attack will deal more damage than those, which to me makes little sense.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

iirc, Drifting Contact works because it’s a Nightmare mod but that’s about it. Exodias most certainly do work as well.

Still, it’s a weird situation where Acolyte mods are exempted from use for Exalted Weapons. Maybe it’ll be addressed once Khora gets released, since she has an Exalted Weapon as well.

The newer Gladiator/Vigilante/Hunter mods also work, which are basically tuned down Acolyte Mods.

Basically you can have Gladiator scaling crit chance, which includes another Combo duration extender(Body Count not needed), so it just seems like DE is intentionally wanting disparity. (I can understand Riven Mods and Weapon specific mods to a certain degree.)

Ash Bladestorm is one where Body Count benefits Bladestorm Augment, same with Slash Dash/Iron Jab/Landslide/Shattered Lash

Exalted Melee(Weapons) should be the most powerful, but due to Mod restrictions and even Range restrictions that does not seem to be the case in-game. I think allowing the Acolyte Mods on Exalted Weapons would heavily boost Exalted Melee to where Riven melee would be the later-MR alternative.

Also for a wiki-avoiding(new) player it would make more sense that Exalted Weapons are able to use Acolyte Mods. Weapon specific mods can sorta be expected not to work with Exalted weapons as they are different named weapons.

With Khora upcoming and having a whip: it would be a misstep to not allow Khora's whip to utilize Maiming Strike. It seems the player base has relegated Whips to spin-to-win and thus a Warframe exalted Whip not being able to utilize spin-to-win would just be weird, imo.

I personally think Khora would be the tipping point for the community wanting Acolyte Mods to work with Khora's whip so that it can outclass something like MR2 Atterax.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, Magneu said:

As usual someone had to be that guy -___-

I did some tests last night with a Guandao and a Cassowar, and from just general play I was outkilling enemies with the Cassowar with a Condition Overload build than I was with a Guandao that had a pure crit build with Maiming Strike and Blood Rush.

Status is King in Warframe, not Crit. Something can be said about hybrid builds for both status and crit, but you can go much farther with a status Condition Overload build in this game than spin-2-winning with crit.

I feel there’s just a lot of misinformed speculation on what is dominating in this game from a lot of players, and it pretty much boils down to people profiling others on their actions and assuming on their disingenuousness.

Am 15.2.2018 um 02:01 schrieb (PS4)MrNishi:

I'm on console so I do not believe I experience Macro use on PS4. (I could be wrong)

Do I believe Maiming Strike should be nerfed: shrug

I would rather acolyte mods be allowed to work on Exalted Weapons, I still don't understand handicapping Exalted weapons.

yeah idk either...

excaliburs 40m swordwave in synergy with slideattack crit-mechanic and even better with bloodrush too...woah, who else wants to keep using that lowly 25m whip range when u can have 40m with about 8x times the base dmg, oh and while at it plz let the swordwave stack up combocounter

Edited by Lord_Yawgmoth

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Lei-Lei_23:

I did some tests last night with a Guandao and a Cassowar, and from just general play I was outkilling enemies with the Cassowar with a Condition Overload build than I was with a Guandao that had a pure crit build with Maiming Strike and Blood Rush.

Status is King in Warframe, not Crit. Something can be said about hybrid builds for both status and crit, but you can go much farther with a status Condition Overload build in this game than spin-2-winning with crit.

I feel there’s just a lot of misinformed speculation on what is dominating in this game from a lot of players, and it pretty much boils down to people profiling others on their actions and assuming on their disingenuousness.

i feel like condition overload will be nerfed after maiming strike is done in, how dare we kill lvl 150+ heavy armor units