Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee prime causing sight problems

Ikedo

Hello! It's hard for me to believe either, but after a mission yesterday with playing Banshee prime for a while, I found out I can't read text. I had an odd stain within the range of my sight, that was blurring details. It was flickering in a weird way, it wasn't static. I had to leave game and let my eyes rest. 

When I runned game today, it became obvious why this happened. It's her antennae. The stain on my eyesight was frozen in the same place, just like when you're starring into sun for too long. With the difference, that it was moving like a shiny disco ball.

145LLI4.jpg

I have a request to make them gentler, or animate less when she's walking, or with an option to turn their intensity off. They're obviously too bright, and in order to make it dissapear, I'll have to change Banshee's energy colour to black, which I completely don't want to do.

Change your energy color to black as you did state ... or lower screen brightness please. Or lower your warframe brightness in the settings. Or maybe use the Soprana skin/different helmet.

Bright pink is a very harsh color on the eyes, just saying...

Edited by Guest

But it also changes colour on her suit, and the antennae is still moving the same way, flickering like crazy when she's walking. Brightness options are just fine.

I did make the bright pink darker, but still it might cause problems. I don't want to change her entire energy colour, just for the antennae.

If there's option to lower my warframe brightness setting, I'll search for it.. (but I don't see it.) Screen brightness makes my game just black, too dark.

Edited by Ikedo

Think thats bad, try using Octavia on PoE - its horrible with her metronome where you can't even change the white flashing regardless of your color selections.  According to some patch notes from a while back they changed something with octavia to alleviate it, but whatever they did had zero effect on consoles.

As for banshee, that looks like it could be easily mitigated by changing your colors or by changing her helmet.  

Yeah. I like this helmet though, but the animation for it is horrible when moving.

With darker energy colour, during a mission. It looks terrible when moving and my eyes hurt. This chosen colour is very dark pink:

s1hM9aA.jpg

It's very good when her energy colour is black, her antennae is melting with background. But her suit has no energy colour whatsoever. I just wish there was an option to turn her antennae's energy colour off for this prime helmet. My fashion frame is broken.

DvYKNDy.jpg

(Good for her helmet, bad for her suit)

Edited by Ikedo

:facepalm: No sorry, it's not really an option, as they would collide with my regular glasses. :laugh: I'd feel funny wearing sunglasses indoors, and I think it's even worse for sight.

Spoiler

I wonder what other funny advices will I get :crylaugh:

Edited by Ikedo

This sounds like you should totally see an eye doctor because what you're describing is absolutely not normal. Perhaps your retina is too sensitive to bright lights (or perhaps your in game settings/monitor settings are absolutely off).

I mean, DE is always glad to help but if you're expecting to change Banshee Prime's antennas one year after the release when most of the playerbase don't have this kind of issue which is totally alarming and should have sent you an ophtalmologist's way already, welp.

Edited by NightmareT12

I am seeing an eye doctor every year. What a wonderful advice. Go to an eye doctor because the game has too fricking bright helmet animation, frozen in 1 place during gameplay and flickering with every movement. The problem ISN'T my sight, but the game itself. I have no problem with my sight at all, and this what the first time something like that happened, and ONLY with banshee, because of her helmet.

I don't know if other players experienced the same issue. But I DID. It's like just my case isn't important at all? Is the game for players, for them to enjoy it, or the other way around?

My ingame settings and monitor settings are all default, so put that elsewhere.

These type of "advices" are completely unneccessary. You're just trying to put my issue off and laugh it off, it's not like you're worried about anybody's retina and sight.

Edited by Ikedo

17 minutes ago, Ikedo said:

I am seeing an eye doctor every year. What a wonderful advice. I have no problem with my sight at all, and this what the first time something like that happened.

That you see an eye doctor every year doesn't mean anything. A problem can occur today after your visit, and you'd still need another one.

The issue you describe happens because the photosensible cells at the retina become highly excited. This should never happen in any everyday scenario. My eyes have been extra sensible to light for the past year, and on top of that I see all light sources doubled (text in games included), and I don't have this problem with Banshee Prime.

This means that either, your screen and in game settings are completely over the top and you're slowly damaging your eyes everyday, or, in case this repeats itself, you have a medical issue that requires urgency.

So check both. It could, of course, also be something that has casually happened because a few conditions have happened at the same time so it's not going to happen again (ie: lack of sleep).

But the fact that your only goal seems to be changing this and the way you've been answering other posts so far leads me to think other reasons.
EDIT:

16 minutes ago, Ikedo said:

I am seeing an eye doctor every year. What a wonderful advice. Go to an eye doctor because the game has too fricking bright helmet animation, frozen in 1 place during gameplay and flickering with every movement. The problem ISN'T my sight, but the game itself. I have no problem with my sight at all, and this what the first time something like that happened, and ONLY with banshee, because of her helmet.

I don't know if other players experienced the same issue. But I DID. It's like just my case isn't important at all? Is the game for players, for them to enjoy it, or the other way around?

My ingame settings and monitor settings are all default, so put that elsewhere.

These type of "advices" are completely unneccessary. You're just trying to put my issue off and laugh it off, it's not like you're worried about anybody's retina and sight.

Pro-tip: Default monitor settings usually use oversaturated colors, over the top bright light and cold light point. That's not the right settings you should be using for optimal picture.

Edited by NightmareT12

I wouldn't have this problem if there wasn't any light on her antennaes, or if they weren't flickering in a weird way.

It doesn't mean anything, that the game caused it? And this is why I should see an eye doctor? What should I tell? "there was a helmet that caused this problem, and NightmareT12, and many other players, that I don't know their name, but they probably exist, didn't have this problem". The doctor would either laugh me off, or tell me to stop playing a game, that doesn't care about people's sight.

If you stare into a sun, or a lighting bulb for too long, it will leave nothing within your range of sight? Congrats you're hype.

It was the same for antennae's. They are TOO bright in compare to background. They stand out, plus they FLICKER. If you say, that alone should cause nothing for people's sights, when they play for longer than 20 minutes, it's like you say it's okay to stare into simultanous lights for too long, and that I'm not normal, because that animation caused anything.

I told you already, I have default settings for everything. 50 brightness, 50 contrast, same for screen. What else do you expect? Just leave this thread alone, if you have nothing else to say, eye expert.

13 minutes ago, Ikedo said:

But I DID. It's like just my case isn't important at all?

Just one person complaining about the issue is not a big deal. Why would DE make a change that will effect everyone just to make a single person happy? I have played Banshee Prime a lot, with very bright antenna and not once have I experienced this issue. There is no question, if this happens again, go see an eye doctor.

8 hours ago, Ikedo said:

I wonder what other funny advices will I get :crylaugh:

My contribution to the cause: perhaps rose tinted glasses might be useful for you. They are designed to reduce eye strain from PC screens.

|I won't let it happen again. Do you really think I'd leave that helmet on to wait for this problem to occur again, if I know the reason for it? I'm just getting rid of the helmet's energy.

It's not a big deal to change something like this for player's safety. For future occurence.

According to every each of you, helmet is not the problem, but my eyes are. If the helmet caused it, 2+2 isn't 10, but 4.

It's a natural thing to see like that when something is TOO BRIGHT. It leaves a mark on your sight, just like when you're looking into sun.

I wasn't asking for "advices", so don't hand them in.

Edited by Ikedo

i also have issues of this nature. what i do is play windowed with a brightish desktop. i also use f.lux ( a small program) at night as i find my monitor is way too bright at night. you can also press H to move warframe to other side of the screen so that you can change which parts of the eye are being abused. HTH

14 hours ago, the_caleban said:

i also have issues of this nature. what i do is play windowed with a brightish desktop. i also use f.lux ( a small program) at night as i find my monitor is way too bright at night. you can also press H to move warframe to other side of the screen so that you can change which parts of the eye are being abused. HTH

Well thank you very much :smile: I turned off her energy (to black) and the problem is gone. I wish I could just turn only harsh helmet's energy lights off, banshee became just dull in dark places during gameplay. I also played a little with settings, high brightness, little contrast, low gamma 2.2, so the the brightness in compare to darkness of screen isn't too dark. But on some night missions the screen has became just too dark due do this.

Hope you'll find your best solution to gameplay. Don't go too hard on your eyes, use lot of light in room.

The solution for this was turning off "Bloom" in graphics settings completely. Now my eyes aren't bleeding from light effects, that were completely white. What used to be extremally bright, is now pale yellow pink or other colour.

That makes sense, because I used to play without problems earlier, and I've turned on "Bloom" just recently.