Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WIP Templar Oberon want feedback.

Serifaz

Hello I'm mostly new to warframe. but I have been working on a warframe skin.
I was wondering if I could get any feedback on what you guys think of the model, before I start to texture.

I don't want to waste time if noone likes it.

PS: not sure if this is the right section to do this topic if it isn't please move it for me. and I apologize in advance

S2L2mkG.gif

32 minutes ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

Sadly, you aren't allowed to have a custom body model at all, only a custom helmet. ;-;

^This. Also, this V

Edited by -QUILL_PETER-
Original text was super salty. I've fianlly started taking my first steps toward not being an a-hole on the forums.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Spartan Roks said:

Wow That looks pretty cool, Probably the only thing that I dislike would be the halo, it's a bit big for a warframe that's not nezha. Try either shrinking the halo or adding a plume instead to go further with the knight look

Well, to be entirely honest, the whole Halo-attire thing actually dates further back than you might think.

After all, both Frost and Trinity have Alternate helmets that feature a halo, and they both protect and heal respectively.
To that end, I can't see why he can't have a glorious disk hat.

14 hours ago, Serifaz said:

I don't want to waste time if noone likes it.

It wouldn't matter if everyone liked it. You still can't alter the mesh of the body like you can with helmets. So before you dig this hole any deeper, erase everything you've done to the body so far and find a way to implement those concepts into Oberon's base shape. 

The halo is cool, but reminds me of one of Frost's alt helmets. I'd suggest revamping the helmet. Maybe go for a plated look, like Trinity Knightess, to match the Templar name. For the body, I'd scrap the changes to the model, as DE doesn't allow those.

For the body, if you want to match the name, maybe an Energy cross running from the neck to the tail

Edited by (PS4)GamingGuerilla14

7 hours ago, InfiniumV said:

Well, to be entirely honest, the whole Halo-attire thing actually dates further back than you might think.

After all, both Frost and Trinity have Alternate helmets that feature a halo, and they both protect and heal respectively.
To that end, I can't see why he can't have a glorious disk hat.

The guy is going for a knight look (hence the templar name) so it really doesn't make sense for a knight to charge into battle with that big of a halo. Additionally the size of the halo visually clashes with the helmet and the look of the armor. I feel that it can use a halo, but it must be shrunk just a bit, moved to the back, and tilted.

I was unaware of the limitation of not being able to modify the body. Does this only apply to the base mesh of the body,

and can I make attachments outside the base mesh that are not attached?

I guess my question is . is the yellow part in this picture the only part that needs to stay untouched. and can the attachments around the body stay?2SWVq0Q.png

Edited by Serifaz

2 hours ago, Serifaz said:

I was unaware of the limitation of not being able to modify the body. Does this only apply to the base mesh of the body,

I guess my question is . is the yellow part in this picture the only part that needs to stay untouched. and can the attachments around the body stay?2SWVq0Q.png

Nope. Only the helmet can change. Everything else has to be "painted" on top of the base body.

3 hours ago, Serifaz said:

I guess my question is . is the yellow part in this picture the only part that needs to stay untouched. and can the attachments around the body stay?

Then please read the guidelines first, because there are plenty of technical qualifications that can easily results in rejection if not fulfilled.

5 hours ago, Serifaz said:

do you guys think we will be able to make tennogen armor any time?

DE said no to this before. You will have to suffice with retexturing Oberon's base mesh until we can find a solution that benefits both sides...
Then again, we have Oberon Prime, who looks Templar enough, but the challenge then is making that alt helmet fit both his Prime and non-Prime styles.