Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Trio Eidolons hunt] let's make the lures respect our personal space and GTHO of our sight

Thundervision

What is it? Ah, yes...

«Sentient energy contained. You are closing on victory. Act now!», said Bruce Quillis.

«LOOK AT ME. LOOK! I'M FABULOUS!», beep-boop-beeped the Eidolon Lure(s) while flying in front of you.

I'm pretty sure this sounds way too familiar to many players that happened to do some Eidolon Captures for the past 10 days. To the points that some of us are ready to pull their hair out when it happens -- this is on the top of the the new Eidolons being taller, moving faster and having serious hitbox issues with their spinal synovias' hitboxes.

Borked shrine, hitboxes and the lures' behavior are the only things that currently can totally ruin your Eidolon hunt experience. And while the first ones can be fixed (and I hope they will be), the lures aren't bugged, but them popping up in front of you/in your max-zoomed scope isn't good, either. Their behavior is way too counter-productive. Like I've mentioned the new Eidolons walk faster than Terry, thus making us constantly follow them and find a better position to destroy their synovias, BUT...

...the thing is, the Lures follow you as long as you move too! If you're not utilizing meta team-up or one-shotting techniques, it becomes a difficult and obnoxious task, because it takes more than 1 hit to destroy the synovias and it's not like our new neighbours Gunther and Hyde will let you do so with their constant walk and casting animations. As if that epileptic Vietnam during the Hyde's battle weren't enough. There's simply no need to make the fight even more obnoxious.

Here's a suggestion:

• Make charged Eidolon Lures, once they chained the Eidolon, lose any interest in players and follow the chained target instead. But until then, they will work as usual: follow you and stop moving when they stumble across the Vomvalysts within their lure range.

Pros & cons of this change:

+ The Lures become less annoying, they don't obstruct the players' view and don't mess with the projectiles' trajectory. They still fit their design and role.

- Since they will float around the Eidolons instead of the players, they become very vulnerable to Terry/Gunther/Hyde's attacks, so the players will actually have to care about the drones.

Small details:

• Minimum distance between the Lures and Eidolons of 10m would be more than enough so they won't end up clipping into downed Eidolons. As a trade-off the max. range of their chain-link can be reduced.
  • 'Release' prompt on the Lure when the Eidolon is chained to move it under the player's control again. Moving out of the link's range making the lure break his chain-link and coming back will allow the Lure to stick to Eidolon again

Alternative solution:

• Just make the Lures always follow the player from behind keeping a 3-5m distance to not affect both the player's cam position and view/sight. It's fine, too.

Seen a dozen of these threads already, and I support every one of them.

The lures are seriously way too obstructive in combat, I'm losing 20~30% of my DPS on average to Lures suddenly flying in my face.  Or sometimes I need to dodge out of a giant laser pointer (the great Kavat killer) but the lures are determined to kill themselves and take me down with them, preventing me from jumping or rolling to my safety (and theirs).

That would be cool. I’d like lures to be replaced by “eidolon traps” or darts that we crafted (perhaps out of vomvalyst parts), were part of our gear wheel, and we then had to fire into the joint before we started breaking it. No floating lures at all. 

On 2/20/2018 at 9:18 AM, Thundervision said:

«Sentient energy contained. You are closing on victory. Act now!», said Bruce Quillis.

Fun fact, under the helmet is Konzu's face. Try playing on a low end rig while in archwing and his mask lags behind, showing his face.

Meh, they should be charged, and once charged, they will latch onto the target eidolon and act like the shield leeches from the Corpus shield leechers.

Thought they did some changes last patch but they're still pretty annoying, the amount of times they're 'directly' between me and the target is just stupid.  I know they need to follow 'something' but do they have to be in front of us...