Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why ARCANE can only be installed on helmet / syandana ?

Doomsknightmare

Just now, Marine027 said:

Armor is simply a no go becasue you can't get any of that free, Syandans area exception due beeing only one part, imagine if armor could use one, it would be literally pay to win with having 5 slots at once to use.

DE can set a 2 slots limitation for each frame, problem solved and win-win for everyone.

9 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Armor is simply a no go becasue you can't get any of that free, Syandans area exception due beeing only one part, imagine if armor could use one, it would be literally pay to win with having 5 slots at once to use.

Baro..? Teshin..?

3 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

"free" aka play the mode that has support but no playerbase(unlike the raids) and the 5 players they play it will stomp you in 5 seconds flat.

I don't know where and when you're playing, but I see different players of different skill pretty often. Anyways, you could just find someone to help you with the tasks, it's a common practice. And you also gain the rep just by playing conclave.

That said, I'm against expanding arcanes to armor pieces and I'm all for separating them from syandanas. Because fashion. To me, some frames look best without attachments.

9 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I don't know where and when you're playing, but I see different players of different skill pretty often. Anyways, you could just find someone to help you with the tasks, it's a common practice. And you also gain the rep just by playing conclave.

And you're apart of the like 5 players that play conclave(that isn't the fun Lunaro, where you might actually find more than 5 pros at the pvp element). Raids Player base>Lunaro playerbase>rest of conclave playerbase.

9 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

That said, I'm against expanding arcanes to armor pieces and I'm all for separating them from syandanas. Because fashion. To me, some frames look best without attachments.

As for this, I prefer the way it is, since it works. Only reason we're seeing changes is due to the fact DE put the arcanes on something that we'll see more often(unlike the raids which weren't advertised by DE after they stopped caring about what the community loved and kept Conclave while "temp removing" the raids like they did with Dark Sectors). I'd rather see the temporary removal of conclave and see DE actually mix that in with dark sectors in another 3/4 years time.

Edited by BlakusLogan

25 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

Remember only like 5 people actually do pvp anyways so yeah, cross out teshin

Not even close to only 5 players.

20 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

"free" aka play the mode that has support but no playerbase(unlike the raids) and the 5 players they play it will stomp you in 5 seconds flat.

Actually just like Trials, Conclave also has an active Discord server.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Here is the twitter message from steve about the incoming arcane slot feature.

Just look at those two shiny -free from cosmetics- arcane slots.

I mean...there are positives about this...but it likely means more farming too, sence you probably won't be able to share them across warframes like we can now.

17 minutes ago, BlakusLogan said:

And you're apart of the like 5 players that play conclave(that isn't the fun Lunaro, where you might actually find more than 5 pros at the pvp element). Raids Player base>Lunaro playerbase>rest of conclave playerbase.

It's not a raid whine thread, it's about connection between cosmetics and arcanes.

As for this, I prefer the way it is, since it works.

In terms of fashionframe it doesn't work. For example, Excalibur Umbra has a scarf that already looks like a syandana, but in fact it's a part of base model. So in order to use an arcane a player should equip another syandana which is definitely going to clip with the scarf and generally look awful. Some may like it, but some will not. Enough of a reason to keep cosmetics and arcanes separate.

Only reason we're seeing changes is due to the fact DE put the arcanes on something that we'll see more often(unlike the raids which weren't advertised by DE after they stopped caring about what the community loved and kept Conclave while "temp removing" the raids like they did with Dark Sectors). I'd rather see the temporary removal of conclave and see DE actually mix that in with dark sectors in another 3/4 years time.

Once again, this is not a raid whine thread. And how could moving arcanes away from cosmetics possibly be connected to Teralysts? The real reason is that this change was demanded by players for a long time.

Edited by Ksaero

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I mean...there are positives about this...but it likely means more farming too, sence you probably won't be able to share them across warframes like we can now.

Well you can use mods freely between frames so I don't see why the same could not go for arcanes on the same page. :)

If anything you would need less arcanes as some people would no longer need multiple sets just so they can use different cosmetics.

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

As far as I recal.... since the release of arcanes.... 

Even longer if you count the stats on the old arcane helmets.

BTW the change makes me wonder if old arcane helms are going to be kept unchanged. Though using such helm might just lock one of the slots.