Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upvote button gone? [Fixed]

xXDeadsinxX

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

No idea, its not there for me either.

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Looks like Upvote has been replaced with the custom Like.

Yeah, I hope it was not replaced though, I really like the normal upvote option. I’m leaning more towards that it’s a bug because the clan page section is getting changed around and bugs can happen. Don’t know though since DE hasn’t said anything about it.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

5 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I’ve recently noticed that the upvote button is now gone, I’m wondering if this is a bug or if it is intentional. Does anybody know if it was intentional or not? 

Could be intentional.
Earlier today I saw that they removed it and at first it was replaced by default with the "HaHa" option, now its been changed to default to "Like"

No idea why they would change this...would be nice if DE talked about forum changes a bit more...

Edited by Tsukinoki

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Could be intentional.
Earlier today I saw that they removed it and at first it was replaced by default with the "HaHa" option, now its been changed to default to "Like"

No idea why they would change this...would be nice if DE talked about forum changes a bit more...

Hm, you would think if it was intentional that they would’ve said something about it which is why I think it’s a bug. I really hope it’s not intentional though.

3 minutes ago, RannaJana said:

Maybe because at DE someone saw the upvotes and how these were abused "many upvotes for nothing" then they removed. This mean there is the like button now what can be abused,then the applause then the whoa, satisfied and finaly the laughing face.

Don’t quite understand how it could be abused though, it’s just an upvote button that’s been on the forums for a very long time.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Hm, you would think if it was intentional that they would’ve said something about it which is why I think it’s a bug. I really hope it’s not intentional though.

Don’t quite understand how it could be abused though, it’s just an upvote button that’s been on the forums for a very long time.

I mean the abuse on the way that many peoples just gave a like for a person just simply to increase the forum reputation. Maybe at DE they saw a lot of peoples just got a strange amount of popularity in no time then they decided to remove it. Just an idea and there is no reason to remove it but maybe they felt this can be controlled by moderators only. 

Just now, RannaJana said:

I mean the abuse on the way that many peoples just gave a like for a person just simply to increase the forum reputation. Maybe at DE they saw a lot of peoples just got a strange amount of popularity in no time then they decided to remove it. Just an idea and there is no reason to remove it but maybe they felt this can be controlled by moderators only. 

If that’s why they removed the upvote button, that’s just silly. They haven’t talked about it anywhere which is why I’m thinking it’s a bug. *Shrugs*

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

Allow me to be the first to say... bug or not...  it's totally redundant anyways. As long points got carried over (not that I care that much about that either), it would not make a lick of difference to me.

May not matter for you, but it matters for other people, I loved the upvote button and sad to see it gone. Hopefully it’s just a bug.

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

May not matter for you, but it matters for other people, I loved the upvote button and sad to see it gone. Hopefully it’s just a bug.

Of course, Just voicing my opinion :P

I also wouldn't care if the lotus symbol got replaced. And I'm sure there are people who would care, but I'd say the fact remains that there's no real reason to have both aside from: two groups of people have gotten attached to these two different colored "like" buttons.

Edited by rapt0rman

14 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

If that’s why they removed the upvote button, that’s just silly. They haven’t talked about it anywhere which is why I’m thinking it’s a bug. *Shrugs*

I know the reasoning could be weird but no one really knows if this can be a reason but everything can be a reason which first time looks nothing or impotent. It was just an opinion hopefully it is just a bug but I can imagine if this was intentional. Anyway not bothers me really and when they changed first time the forum they also removed the old design and after reworked the new design to the nowadays form so maybe they just redesign it.

32 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Could be intentional.

I would say +1... but we facebook now

(would like it as well if all +1's were swapped to visible likes. the points are still on the accounts but all upvotes on posts are now gone :/)

Edited by Airwolfen