Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way to make Excalibur Prime available while still being somewhat exclusive to Founders.

RedZeroInferno

2 minutes ago, CuriosityTheKat said:

Nothing set in the future is fully set in stone. Things change. Regardless, even if DE were to without a doubt say no to this. Nor even DE has the right to Attempt to make someone feel bad for stating an idea. They would respectfully decline. So if you have such a problem with it, then let DE be the ones to respectfully decline instead of angrily and disrespectfully doing it for them.

That's great and all, but they have. And this isn't the only time they've said it.

Edited by SergeantSunshine

8 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Can we please drop the "founders can sue" excuse?

As they did not 'sign' anything. Their EULA agreements makes it possible for them to do anything. It is their game.

Excalibur Prime represents DE's commitment and respect to founders, and that they don't want to tarnish

While ive seen Founder say there was nothing to physically sign, there are other legally binding forms of agreement like verbal contracts, part of the founders pack was you give DE money you get an exclusive character, not saying that founder would then sue but i can see a grey messy area there that everyone may want to avoid lol

besides that as you said its a commitment from DE to Founders and at the very least breaking it would possible ruffle feathers or cause DE to loose all trust they've gained with the player base so far

3 minutes ago, CuriosityTheKat said:

Nothing set in the future is fully set in stone. Things change. Regardless, even if DE were to without a doubt say no to this. Nor even DE has the right to Attempt to make someone feel bad for stating an idea. They would respectfully decline. So if you have such a problem with it, then let DE be the ones to respectfully decline instead of angrily and disrespectfully doing it for them.

I Cant remember 100% cuase theyve done alot of streams and Q&A to this point but im pretty sure DE has flat out said No more then once in live streams etc. stating something along the lines of the above, that its a commitment between them and the Founders and breaking it would cause DE to loose trust with many players including Founders who are actually the only reason any of us are able to play the game at all, founders paid for the game to be made/released

Just now, CuriosityTheKat said:

This is a different solution ergo it requires a separate decline. This is far from the same thing as the first solution that was come up with.

But its really not, its specifically talking about bringing a character that we have a solid No answer for for years now back onto the table

4 minutes ago, CuriosityTheKat said:

Plus DE has never stated that people can’t state ideas they may have about the topic.

1 minute ago, CuriosityTheKat said:

If anyone truelly wants to prove me wrong here, then show me a video of DE telling people they aren’t allowed to share their ideas on this matter.

You're free to suggest it. However the answer is set in stone and has been addressed multiple times. 

Leading to most threads being derailed

37 minutes ago, RedZeroInferno said:

GIVE ME LOGICAL REASONING MY DUDE, I'M TRYING TO BE LOGICAL HERE.

The logical reason is that the Founders literally paid actual money to have this game created. It would not exist at all if not for their contribution.

Their reward, as promised by DE, for that contribution was exclusive gear including Excalibur Prime. That's the end of the debate.

My son is actually disappointed that I do not own Excalibur Prime, he knew I played Beta, but back then I lost interest, wasnt willing to spend money as I was playing WoT. Only recently returned to WF and I am rubbish lol.

But a few games have alienated core players by selling out exclusive founders items, in fact, one of the reasons I revisited WF is due to WoT selling the M6 Mutant us beta testers pre-ordered after being promised it was an exclusive never to be sold item.

Core players deserve to have exclusive items for being there and contributing when they were made available, re-releasing too much exclusive items just dilutes the game pride.

We getting Excal Umbra cause Excal Prime is Founder-exclusive.

Swapping would not work for simple reason. DE promised to Founders that Excal Prime access and everything in it will be exclusive and that's why it's off-limits for non-Founders.

I will be honest, I am surprised DE is capable of keeping some promise for so long given to how many they broke already when it came to things they promised and then, we got it but in cut off version.

So no, Excal Prime is not coming back. Time for people to deal with it and move on. People cry because he's shiny, golden and so on, but he's just as same as normal one (just different look and a bit higher stats). So it's not a big deal, Excal Umbra is all we need, he will be special as well given to a mysterious and almost dramatic way information about his quest sound.

Edited by CoreXCZ

vor 44 Minuten schrieb RedZeroInferno:

And if you intent to release Excal Umbra still, give that to the founders instead

How would that help? :crylaugh: Then people would complain they can`t have Excal Umbra. The deal with Excal Prime isn`t how insanely good he is compared to anything else in the game, it`s ONLY because he is exclusive. It would be the same for Excal Umbra, maybe even worse if he is for some reason noticeable better. Or simply how he would turn exclusive out of nowhere based on a situation several years ago.

Everything would be 100000000% worse......... :shocked:

3 minutes ago, CuriosityTheKat said:

This Doesn’t mean people who want to talk about it, should be put down and ridiculed and made fun of simply because they had an idea.

Just as people are free to post their suggestions with as much or as little information as possible, people are free to agree or disagree with as much or as little empathy as they want. OP made their choice and everyone else is responding with theirs.

Edited by Xion

Honestly based on what I’ve seen here today and what I’ve seen from much of the game itself the community isn’t as great as it likes to say it is. There is a select percentage of the community that is composed of amazing people, and the rest of the community just likes to put everyone else down and say they are better than everyone else. That is not a great community; that is a broken one. Even playing pub squad no one talks to each other they merely silently do the mission and then immediately leave squad. There is very rarely friendliness to it at all. I have have never played this game for the community because anytime I start to feel like giving up this game, the community is the reason I feel that way.

Edited by CuriosityTheKat

13 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

They did "sign" something. They used what is called an "electronic signature". It's just as legally binding as an ink on paper signature.

EULAs actually aren't as all mighty as you seem to believe. Many countries have consumer protection laws that supercede ANY type of contract between consumers and companies. There's more than a reputation to tarnish here, there are actual digital laws at work too. That's why you don't see companies push the enveloppe too far, they are fully aware EULAs are nowhere near as good a protection as many people believe, they're not free passes allowing them to do whatever they want, they're here to protect EVERYONE from abuse.

You are correct but my i should've expanded my point earlier.

If DE wants there's nothing stopping them from releasing an Excalibur Prime "Deluxe Skin" and make it available to players even allowing it visually alter abilities.

It's a loophole that allows everyone to have Excalibur Prime cosmetically while still ensuring the agreement to founders is met. That is what i meant when DE is allowed to do whatever they want.

However that would break the trust and good reputation DE has built over the course of years for a quick cash grab. We know DE would never do it but there are several ways they can accomplish it.

20 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

Yes, suing is the extreme, but the point stands that even if DE were to consider the idea of breaking that agreement, there are legal issues. This is the cynical, assuming DE doesn't love us scenario. I don't think they would consider it period, but legality makes a nice safety net for founders.

That's a fair point and I agree DE would want to avoid the fanfare and drama legal action would cause for both the game and their image