Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You guys forgot to Buff nyx with the latest batch (Nyx much needed QoL Changes)

Dwolfknight

1 hour ago, TKDancer said:

not every frame should rely on weapons either

Some do. Some don't. Nyx does.. 

and nyx is a dmg dealing controller, psychic bolts should do dmg, absorb is literally about absorbing dmg and dealing it back

She's CC. Lots of 'frames do damage. Weapons do damage. Not all can lock down a tile. Nyx can.  

since.. when?

Since always. 

49 minutes ago, Jinryusai said:

Tell this to all the Nyxs that used to massacre enemies w/ absorb. They want their damage back. They don't want a rework, they want a buff.

This was subject to abuse in DE's view--especially from friendly damage. Therefore it no longer functions that way. It can still kill enemies, but it's her last ditch defense and a very effective one. I seriously doubt DE will ever revert this. They changed it for what they saw as valid reasons. I haven't missed it particularly. Not when you get a mod of the power and flexibility of Assimilate. 

Nyx has seen slow but positive changes to her kit (with a few bumps along the way). She's in a good place at present--better than most 'frames. She works and works very well. There's no pressing need for changes, much less a rework. Change for change's sake isn't a valid reason. 

Still not seeing a problem here. 

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

She's CC. Lots of 'frames do damage. Weapons do damage. Not all can lock down a tile. Nyx can.  

Since always. 

This was subject to abuse in DE's view--especially from friendly damage. Therefore it no longer functions that way. It can still kill enemies, but it's her last ditch defense and a very effective one. I seriously doubt DE will ever revert this. They changed it for what they saw as valid reasons. I haven't missed it particularly. Not when you get a mod of the power and flexibility of Assimilate. 

Nyx has seen slow but positive changes to her kit (with a few bumps along the way). She's in a good place at present--better than most 'frames. She works and works very well. There's no pressing need for changes, much less a rework. Change for change's sake isn't a valid reason. 

thank you i couldnt have said it better myself.

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

.......This was subject to abuse in DE's view......

........and a very effective one.......

considering nova can do still exactly that but with range and being able to use her own dmg, clearly they dont care about it being "abused"

as for the 2nd part: without the augment, it really isnt

whats the point of absorbing dmg if u cant dish it back with enough force to kill attackers? the only use absorb has at mid-high levels is as a weird form of tankyness with the augment, without the augment it doesnt do enough, with the augment it loses its original purposes and just acts as a form to stay alive

Edited by TKDancer

4 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Since always. 

Not fun enough. That's the problem. Useless 1 and 2 and a not used much 4 that acts more like a 2 or 3 power than a 4. It's like Chaos makes the other powers feel redundant. And why is her 4th power a last ditch defense? Doesn't make sense for a 4th power which is said to be the ultimate power button costing so much energy to use. What makes it worth that much energy or is it only meant to be used in short burst...like a 1-3 power rather than a 4th?

A 4th power is suppose to do something very interesting on it's own w/o an augment. Last ditch defense isn't interesting enough to be her 4th. Not fun enough. May as well remove Bolts and make absorb her 2nd or 3rd and add a new 2nd or 3rd or 4th. Chaos can be the new 3rd or 4th power. Whichever works.

Edited by Jinryusai

Il y a 2 heures, TKDancer a dit :

considering nova can do still exactly that but with range and being able to use her own dmg, clearly they dont care about it being "abused"

They do, because they removed the exact same abuse from AMD and introduced the damage cap. 

AMD used to absorb damage from other AMD blasts and also have no cap. Sounds familiar? 

When ever I read someone saying that Nyxs mind control is useless I have to giggle. Clearly, no one else built their own infested army on any infested mission. Or watch their very own flock of Ratels, Kubrows or Kavats roll into battle, while in the meantime sipping tea under a mobile frost globe, or under the protection of 90% damage reduction and free heals.

54 minutes ago, Recel said:

When ever I read someone saying that Nyxs mind control is useless I have to giggle. Clearly, no one else built their own infested army on any infested mission. Or watch their very own flock of Ratels, Kubrows or Kavats roll into battle, while in the meantime sipping tea under a mobile frost globe, or under the protection of 90% damage reduction and free heals.

Did exactly that with Chaos alone :D

Edited by Jinryusai

13 minutes ago, Jinryusai said:

Did exactly that with Chaos alone :D

Hardly.

Chaos is like a mass radiation prock. They won't follow you, they will shoot what ever is closest, including you, it has a duration and can be dispelled.
Spawning things through mind control on the other hand will never attack you, will never attack each other only enemies, will last until they die and can't be dispelled. And if you know how, you can make them spawn in bunches.

22 minutes ago, Recel said:

Hardly.

Chaos is like a mass radiation prock. They won't follow you, they will shoot what ever is closest, including you, it has a duration and can be dispelled.
Spawning things through mind control on the other hand will never attack you, will never attack each other only enemies, will last until they die and can't be dispelled. And if you know how, you can make them spawn in bunches.

Never seen them spawn in bunches. Have mind controlled the globe trotters and the healers but they never felt useful...maybe it's because everything dies so fast. Have mind controlled many and it felt more like a somewhat fun distraction than something very useful.

Jus keep spamming Chaos over and over w/ it's augment, gets the job done.

Use mind control and can forget to reactivate it. You're still shot at with him around. Seems to only shine on eximus units based on what you said. Other than that they are jus a minor distraction. Would like it better if it did more. Other than eximus unit effect, Chaos jus takes care of everything for me.

21 minutes ago, Jinryusai said:

Never seen them spawn in bunches. Have mind controlled the globe trotters and the healers but they never felt useful...maybe it's because everything dies so fast. Have mind controlled many and it felt more like a somewhat fun distraction than something very useful.

Jus keep spamming Chaos over and over w/ it's augment, gets the job done.

Use mind control and can forget to reactivate it. You're still shot at with him around. Seems to only shine on eximus units based on what you said. Other than that they are jus a minor distraction. Would like it better if it did more. Other than eximus unit effect, Chaos jus takes care of everything for me.

Mind Control Hyeka masters, Sniper Crewmembers, Brood mothers, Boilers (although it's harder because the boiler needs to be damaged to spawn) and anything that spawns more units.
Since they turn friendly from mind control what ever they spawn will be friendly and stay friendly.

On lower levels this doesn't work that well, but since enemies health scales more sharply than their damage and often their damage type isn't that good against their own faction, the higher level you do this, the longer your new toys will live, since they can't be turned back into enemies and you only lose them if they die. And usually you get bunches of them. Two Kubros or Kavats, a stream Ratels, and one random infested unit from the Boiler every time it takes some damage, Shield Ospreys (sometimes even an Eximus ones) from Corpus Tech. And you can Mind control one to spawn units, break Mind Control and do it to the next one, rapidly building up your army.

Sadly they fixed Nullifiers though. There was a time when you could break the bubble, Mind control the Nullifier and once the bubble began to grow back, Mind control was dispelled, but the nullifier stayed friendly. Which wasn't really useful, but was fun.

And on top of this you can still use Chaos. So now you have friendlies that only attack enemies, and enemies that attack enemies. And you don't have to babysit the spawned units since they aren't bound by duration. So you can just hoard more of them, or grab your self an Eximus that benefits the whole group.

Also, it's fun to have a bunch of Techs spawn Ospreys for you, than kill the Tech, leaving you with Ospreys, since their shield buff stacks both on you and each other.

6 hours ago, Jinryusai said:

Not fun enough. That's the problem.

Clearly, you want Nyx to be someone else. I'd suggest just playing some other warframe and not worrying about Nyx. 

Nyx is fine as she is. I play her every day I'm in the game. I take her to every kind of mission (except Spy--maybe Loki is more your speed) which she completes without undue difficulties. I use all her abilities, even PB. I have fun doing it--or I wouldn't be doing it. 

I'm still not seeing a problem. 

7 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

They do, because they removed the exact same abuse from AMD and introduced the damage cap. 

AMD used to absorb damage from other AMD blasts and also have no cap. Sounds familiar? 

maim

also even with a dmg cap (of 50 thousand), it multiplies all absorbed dmg by 4 which puts its dmg output well beyond absorb, and its a ranged floating orb with a detonation radius of 15(not affecred by p. range) and absorb has a base range of 10m centered on nyx(affected by p. range)

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

Nyx is fine as she is.

so, she is not, loki with his disarm augment is a better nyx than nyx, oberon with high range is a better nyx than nyx

i'll never understand why the people who play this game are so against improving frames

Yea.. i love Nyx.. but she's squishy..

I don't think [Assimilate] should be a augment, but the actual ability.. But i get that some use regular Absorb as a play style..

I just could use that extra mod spot for a [Redirection] cause I'm already rocking  maxed [Vitality] and [Steel Fiber].. But i need to be quick on the react when taking damage in level 40+ with [Assimilate]

Edited by Grimmstyler

3 hours ago, TKDancer said:

so, she is not, loki with his disarm augment is a better nyx than nyx, oberon with high range is a better nyx than nyx

Wrong on both counts. People like to argue that augmented Loki is equal to or better than Nyx, but he is not. He works well with some other 'frames with this ability, but he can't lock down a tile like Nyx can--and he dies like a dog in the gutter in a heavy AoE environment. Nyx is entirely self-contained.

Oberon has a different job. He's no replacement for Nyx and does different things.

3 hours ago, TKDancer said:

i'll never understand why the people who play this game are so against improving frames

She's been improved considerably since U10. I just see no reason for change for change's sake. She isn't in need of anything in particular at present. A more functional PB would be nice, since it's just kind of there and doesn't really leverage her other abilities. However, she can do her job very well presently. She's not lacking in any way. 

2 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Yea.. i love Nyx.. but she's squishy..

I don't think [Assimilate] should be a augment, but the actual ability.. But i get that some use regular Absorb as a play style..

I just could use that extra mod spot for a [Redirection] cause I'm already rocking  maxed [Vitality] and [Steel Fiber].. But i need to be quick on the react when taking damage in level 40+ with [Assimilate]

She isn't squishy. You can't say that about a warframe with an invulnerability function. She can instantly retreat into her bubble...and nothing can touch her as long as the energy holds out. Nullifers can cancel it--you still get the detonation--but they're a nuisance to everyone and there are a number of ways to deal with them. 

Assimilate is arguable. It's not totally necessary, but the mobility it brought to Nyx really makes it nearly mandatory for the dedicated Nyx player. It's just a huge advantage over the old stationary stasis bubble. I don't see this changing, though it could. Perhaps the reverse, but it evolved like it did and I really don't see DE changing it. 

The traditional Nyx builds have some slop in them. One slot for sure and two others maybe, depending how much survivability you want to give up. I run Assimilate always and occasionally run Mind Freak when Grineer are around (Nox makes a for a nasty catspaw). The latter requires the use of Primed Vigor. Nyx doesn't have enough armor to matter and NyxP isn't much better. I'd like to have a free slot for QT, but I get along fine. Yes, you have to be very quick to retreat into Absorb when enemy levels get highish, but all warframes have to watch their step as the threat deepens; not just Nyx. 

And, again, the bottom line is I just don't see a problem. There's always room for more refinement--which is what Nyx has gotten over time--but there is not a problem that really needs addressed. 

Edited by Sloan441
Edited Oberon out...which is perhaps what should be.

30 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

She's been improved considerably since U10. I just see no reason for change for change's sake. She isn't in need of anything in particular at present.

She isn't squishy.

YES SHE IS IN NEED OF A LOT

as i said 2 frames do her job better and bring more to the table

oberon spreads radiation(confuse) status all around the map, his 1 scales off enemy hp and does a heck load of dmg, he can strip 100% armor in as little as 2 combined casts of his 2 and 4 if u have enough strength and hes constantly healing everyone while giving them an armor buff

loki stays invisible(better than slow tankyness and is a dmg buff in its own way), disarms whole areas permanently and with his augment also applies radiation(confuse) status

nyx... controls 1 enemy(bad/way too niche), has a useless dmg ability(bad), causes chaos(woohoo, not as good as irradiating disarm) and can absorb dmg to release it later(except u cant move without the augment, with the augment u can move slowly but the range goes down a lot, the dmg doesnt get multiplied, every 1k dmg absorbed incurs an extra energy cost and is done as magnetic dmg,  bad aspects all around, also really short range)

the only reason her 4 is even used these days is cause of assimilate letting us (slowly) move, but we already have tanky frames that arent slowed to a crawl that also bring more to the table:

-rhino with stomp CC and roar buff

-inaros with healing and CC

-chroma with buffing to dmg output and armor

(and oberon with constant health regen and an armor buff)

6 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Clearly, you want Nyx to be someone else. I'd suggest just playing some other warframe and not worrying about Nyx. 

Nyx is fine as she is. I play her every day I'm in the game. I take her to every kind of mission (except Spy--maybe Loki is more your speed) which she completes without undue difficulties. I use all her abilities, even PB. I have fun doing it--or I wouldn't be doing it. 

I'm still not seeing a problem. 

Clearly you haven't read my ideas nor don't want her to be any more fun especially w/ no synergy.  Her 4th doesn't act as a 4th ability and needs a mod to be interesting. Her 1st is only good when you have things spawn friendlies which takes time. Have seen no one use her 2nd though.

Guess you like old outdated frames :)

So many synergy haters here.

Still not seeing a problem w/ updating this frame.

Edited by Jinryusai

Yes i run [Quick Thinking] on all my frames but Nyx due to absorb.. [Assimilate] takes the spot in which i think [Redirection] would be a better choice due to the quick click absorb..

But at high levels (especially in the void), even with [Arcane Guardian] [Arcane Grace] maxed [Steel Fiber] and [Vitality] it doesn't seem to be enough

I think all prime frames should have a base at least 100 armor..

I run [Mind Freak] and of course [Assimilate] all the time.. i haven't got around to [Passify Bolts], which looks pretty promising..

[Chaos Sphere] seems to be a waste of a mod slot in any build to me..

Im coming up on [Primed Vigor], login 400 i think? But how many new players have [Primed Vigor]? Or even [Nyx Prime] for that matter..

I think i run [Vitality] Instead of regular [Vigor] cause of Slash and Poison procs.. Leaving regular [Vigor] not being enough

Edited by Grimmstyler

2 hours ago, TKDancer said:

im pretty sure thats the case for that guy, i just cant understand why someone would be so against improving a frame that has been completely power-crept(?) by others

you assume you know what he likes. and as you should have read in his posts he isnt against change. he was correct in saying jinryusai wants her to be something she isnt. nyx is fine outside some qol in mechanics. if you are bored there are 33 other frames. fun is subjective you dont decide what is fun for others. no dev should ever make any kind of balance change on something as random as "Fun".

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

nyx is fine outside some qol in mechanics. if you are bored there are 33 other frames

'frame that obviously isnt fine and is very outdated is fine, go play another frame" 

k

also that guy called nyx a support frame :^/

Edited by TKDancer

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you assume you know what he likes. and as you should have read in his posts he isnt against change. he was correct in saying jinryusai wants her to be something she isnt. nyx is fine outside some qol in mechanics. if you are bored there are 33 other frames. fun is subjective you dont decide what is fun for others.

no dev should ever make any kind of balance change on something as random as "Fun".

Coming from someone who has read nothin in my posts on last page. Was indeed correct in saying you guys want to frame to remain outdated and to have 1 power make the others feel redundant. And are content with this frame not being any more fun than it already is.

Yet they do since games are supposed to be...fun.

Even Zephyr got more fun and so did Ash, etc.

12 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

'frame that obviously isnt fine and is very outdated is fine, go play another frame" 

k

Indeed

Edited by Jinryusai