Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You guys forgot to Buff nyx with the latest batch (Nyx much needed QoL Changes)

Dwolfknight

Nyx is a Very old warframe, her abilities are actually pretty good in concept, to be honest, but her age is showing, she still requires some of those QoL changes other warframes got as well a major buff to absorb.

Her Mind control ability has a very long casting animation followed by a long stun animation from the target, it also is a "two-handed" ability and you cannot cast it while moving, because of how damage vs health scale for enemies even with her augment, Mind freak, that increases the damage they do, mind-controlled enemies are simply bullet sponges, since they will barely do any damage to other enemies on high-level mission.
Mind control needs to become a "1 handed action" allowing Nyx to reload, fire and everything else other abilities like shuriken and fireball allow, Remove the stun animation from the enemy so he can start attacking others immediately, move the stun animation to when the ability ends, giving Nyx some much needed extra seconds, keep the long casting animation but allow her to move while casting, also give the target a base damage boost, so they can be more than bullet sponges for a few more levels.

Her second ability is actually a good combo with her passive ability becoming a cheap disarm to multiple enemies but it is still not reliable.
Give Psychic Bolt a 100% chance to Disarm enemies.

Chaos is perfect.

Absorb, the sheer amount of energy it consumes while taking damage is bad enough but it has a Pathetic Range, To put it into perspective Chromas Vex buff has almost Twice the base range this "Big" blast ability has, It has the same range tempest barrage has or 5 less than a charged tentacle swarm, 5 less meter than Miasma, 8 less meter than Mend&Maim, Half the range of Discharge and about the same range as it's Tesla range, It needs to be bigger.
Make Absorb base range around 20 - 25 Meters, and decrease its energy per damage from 8/1000 to 3/1000 and as a counter remove its base damage, making it only do damage based on absorbed damage.

Edited by Dwolfknight
"Pathetic"

Mind control is just useless. Enemies work on entirely different rules than warframes which makes this ability (even with augment) hilariously bad. 

Psychic Bolts are also complete BS. They deal no damage, they don't disarm reliably and they do everything chaos does, but worse and on a much smaller scale.

Chaos is amazing. 

Absorb doesn't exist without an augment since it also deals almost no damage in comparison to other warframes' 4s. It makes Prism look worth the energy it costs.

18 hours ago, Leuca said:

Another thing that is annoying about mind control is that it's utterly useless in stealthy missions.

so is any ability that alerts enemies. shes not a stealth frame. her kit is fine. mind controls removes 1 very dangerous unit from combat (all it needs is better ai but this is a general AI problem not something exclusive to nyx). psychic bolts is redundant. since chaos already causes confusion (wouldnt mind if it turn enemies into ticking time bombs) chaos is fine. absorb is one of the ultimate protect objective, protect the person reviving people, radial knock down. nyx doesnt need anything outside some QoL changes.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

not everything needs to be DPS. loki has 1 ability that deals VERY low damage but i dont see anyone on here complaining.

I agree. The only reason I'm asking them to lower the energy per damage and increase the range of Absorb is for it to be a better defensive ability, lowering the damage increases the time you are allowed to protect an objective or ally, increasing the range is so that the knockdown effect can be more useful, currently enemies stand shooting you further than the absorb blast can hit even on tight corridors but especially on the plains.

Edited by Dwolfknight

1rst skill.- Her one sure needs a buff.

Another idea would be a fix to her augment, every damage Nyx takes goes to her mind control target.

2nd skill.- 100% disarm would be perfect, Idk if it deals damage, just give us guaranteed disarm.

3rd skill.- Leave it as it is.

4rth Skill.- What you suggest is ok.

Another idea for her augment, a bit of more movement speed (not begging for regular speed, just allow us to move more than a hobbled dragon key) and reduction of visual effect (Sometimes I can hardly see where to shot).

- Absorb needs to multiply absorbed dmg like antimatter drop

- Remove the extra energy consumption Absorb gets after taking 1000 dmg, this just makes its viability drop sharply with levels due to enemy dmg output growing a lot(but nowhere near as much as their HP/armor, so the suggested dmg multiplier above)

- i like the changes u suggested, but the dmg boost controlled enemies would get needs to be BIG to justify actually controlling them instead of just using chaos, also maybe letting us control more than a single enemy

- I honestly wish we could get a visual change to Chaos, having a bunch of holo-Nyx's clipped into enemies sliding around gets old pretty fast and the sliding looks bad

- Pls make psychic bolts(and most other offensive abilities in this damn game) scale with weapon mods, pls

Edited by TKDancer

14 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

not everything needs to be DPS. loki has 1 ability that deals VERY low damage but i dont see anyone on here complaining.

And does Nyx 1 ability cause all enemies to shoot it rather than you?

Does the Mind Control name have anything to do w/ being a decoy?

Does Mind Control sound like an awesome ability that can be used to control someone powerful and have him decimate is allies as seen on TV/Movies, etc?

How many 1 abilities actually kill?

How many are fun to use?

At least it's damage should scale w/ primary mods including elemental.

8 hours ago, Jinryusai said:

And does Nyx 1 ability cause all enemies to shoot it rather than you?

Does the Mind Control name have anything to do w/ being a decoy?

Does Mind Control sound like an awesome ability that can be used to control someone powerful and have him decimate is allies as seen on TV/Movies, etc?

How many 1 abilities actually kill?

How many are fun to use?

At least it's damage should scale w/ primary mods including elemental.

Saryn: spore kills, Atlas: landslide kills, Nidus: Virulence kills, Nezha: firewalker kills, Excalibur: slashdash kills, Gara: Shattered Slash kill. but thats not the point nyx is a CC frame she is there to provide support her abilities don't need to do damage at all and she will still be strong because of her CC. mind control is bad because the AI in the game is bad but thats only if using it to damage. it can still take a dangerous target out of play.

16 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Saryn: spore kills, Atlas: landslide kills, Nidus: Virulence kills, Nezha: firewalker kills, Excalibur: slashdash kills, Gara: Shattered Slash kill. but thats not the point nyx is a CC frame she is there to provide support her abilities don't need to do damage at all and she will still be strong because of her CC. mind control is bad because the AI in the game is bad but thats only if using it to damage. it can still take a dangerous target out of play.

Chaos seems to do such a good job and it makes Mind seem redundant. The troublesome target is already distracted. The Mind Control target needs to at least make enemies shoot it, not just he one enemies it shoots. Mind controlled target when shoot gets the phys and elemental attributes transferred over to him or he scales off primary mods.

It also could use some synergy, all her abilities can. Like her 2nd making enemies take more damage from their allies and a lot more from mind control target, also enemies hit by this cause aggro from the Mind Controlled target. Press 1 again while aiming at no one to teleport the target towards where you're aiming and aim at him while tappin 1 to deactivate it. And damage the mind controlled target takes gets transferred over to absorb. Also hold 1 to make the energy around explode target explode dealing damage and knockin enemies down. More damage on enemies under chaos control and hit by her 2nd.

The theme of 1 and 2's synergy is that is works much like them Hunter mods do w/ you and your pet. So her 1 alone is jus CC but w/ her 2nd it becomes damage and CC. Heck, the target takes less damage from those affected by her 2nd and 3rd and does more damage on enemies affected by her 3rd as well, not as much as her 2nd and the damage can stack. And her 2nd causes 100% disarm. Heck, the target can gain faster rate of fire/melee speed and reload speed from being mind controlled.

Like the idea of making the enemy as formidable as a Warframe specter and you working side by side w/ it gaining a squad mate when a lone.

That would be more fun and manipulative. Very deceptive, etc.

26 minutes ago, Jinryusai said:

~snip~

im not against QoL mind control's problem is a general one and i do agree it should force enemies to shoot it instead of nyx (which would be good QoL) but the AI in the game is bad. that isnt the fault of mind control. sometimes you can even see chaos targets not attacking each other. but you are also still asking to turn a CC frame into a damage one. like i said they could remove all the damage from her abilities and she would still be viable.

16 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

im not against QoL mind control's problem is a general one and i do agree it should force enemies to shoot it instead of nyx (which would be good QoL) but the AI in the game is bad. that isnt the fault of mind control. sometimes you can even see chaos targets not attacking each other. but you are also still asking to turn a CC frame into a damage one. like i said they could remove all the damage from her abilities and she would still be viable.

Her absorb was once a nuke, it still kills at low levels. She was damage to begin with. People still want absorb to kill. She is a damage/CC frame. My ideas would make her more fun o use and turns enemies hit my mind into a free(sort of) Warframe specter you won't even need to craft. And you can actually control the subject as well. Would feel powerful controlling powerful subjects making them actually kill their allies. She's hybrid.

12 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

While in Absorb ->
1) Allow her to cast PB and MC and maybe Chaos while inside Absorb
2) Holdcast Mind Control to take manual control of the enemy while gaining mod support, higher rof, melee and reload speed while PB flies from his body periodically.

There, now MC and Absorb are made more fun, interactive and unique!

See, this potentially obnoxious Limbo has the right idea.

Edited by Jinryusai

On 2/24/2018 at 4:19 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

thats cause loki has invisibility, which by itself is a huge dmg buff and amazing for survivability

Edited by TKDancer

On 2/24/2018 at 2:52 PM, Dwolfknight said:

I disagree, all of those are top tier.

So is Nyx. 

I wouldn't be opposed to positive adjustments to her existing powers (and maybe some fundamental change to Psychic Bolt), but she does NOT need a rework. She works fine as is and can handle anything you'll encounter in the game. 

Remember that she's a support 'frame. She's about CC with some side benefits. She's a gun platform, not a DPS 'frame. There's nothing wrong with this and she can keep a team running far beyond the point they would have face-planted or extracted if she weren't there. 

Not seeing a problem. 

I like nyx alot. She is one of my favourites, but she is not quite right.

I just did an hour and some change on uranus with a group, and i only went down maybe 3-4 times, but thats only because i was using quick thinking and only because i was in a group. And then thats where the issues start popping up. With enough energy, a skilled nyx can survive for as long as they dont take any hits. With quick thinking, that becomes a little easier, but your ult, which is a defensive ability, will drain whatever little energy you have left....and for an ult, its my least used ability, as it rarely ever brings anything to the table that merits the cost. Its an escape button that will leave you drained and more helpless after than when u used it, but you sometimes have no option but to use so you might live a little longer. And without quick thinking, that energy woulnt be drained, but at the same time you wouldnt have the chance to pop absorb. Most times the damage comes out of no where, if your skilled enough, maybe you can pop absorb before something cataclysmic whipes you off the face if the earth, but the drain is still strangling that ability. I would add a hold to charge feature where you cast tye ability again while in it and hold to spend energy to gain damage and when you let go, it ends the ability. Unless you do this, the ability drains energy like normal and gains no extra damage from attacks.

I also wish to make psychic bolts a little more effective. Effecting enemies the way mind control does. Mind contol will keep an enemy alive, even if theyve taken fatal damage because they arent processing the fact that they have taken that damage (because friendlies cant take friendly fire unless radiation). So my proposal is to give physcic bolts a duration where it cause enemies to over react to damage. Their health bar is your energy color and depletes based on your power strength and causes them to believe they have taken fatal damage which leaves them prone to finishers. Since pb's augment mod is actully pretty weak, i would swith this with that and make the stun a part of the base ability.

And mind controlled enemies should automatically pick back up their weapons or be able to take your pistol.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit.

13 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

So is Nyx. 

I wouldn't be opposed to positive adjustments to her existing powers (and maybe some fundamental change to Psychic Bolt), but she does NOT need a rework. She works fine as is and can handle anything you'll encounter in the game. 

Remember that she's a support 'frame. She's about CC with some side benefits. She's a gun platform, not a DPS 'frame. There's nothing wrong with this and she can keep a team running far beyond the point they would have face-planted or extracted if she weren't there. 

Not seeing a problem. 

Exactly. QoL is always welcome but as you say she is just fine ^_^.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

59 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the example is to show that not every skill needs to do damage. people often have amnesia when it comes to understanding that we have a primary, secondary, and melee slot.

not every frame should rely on weapons either

and nyx is a dmg dealing controller, psychic bolts should do dmg, absorb is literally about absorbing dmg and dealing it back

Edited by TKDancer

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the example is to show that not every skill needs to do damage. people often have amnesia when it comes to understanding that we have a primary, secondary, and melee slot.

Then there are those that have amnesia and forget she once did damage and nuked everything. You seem to have played Nyx after she lost that damage. My Nyx actually decimated armies.

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

So is Nyx. 

Not seeing a problem. 

Tell this to all the Nyxs that used to massacre enemies w/ absorb. They want their damage back. They don't want a rework, they want a buff.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Exactly. QoL is always welcome but as you say she is just fine ^_^.

That QoL means damage as well. Don't see why Mind Control subjects can't kill the enemy. Seems like a missed opportunity. Her 1 causing aggro jus makes it an moving decoy that does nothin else. Boring... Her bolts are also boring. Her 4th begs for aggro and absorbing all the bullets has no fun effect. You jus sit their meditating unable to kill anything.

Her kit needs to be fun. Either that means more fun and amazing CC or CC/damage.

Edited by Jinryusai