Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Sink: Riven Stat Locker

BlackVortex

Add consumable items that can protect or lock stats of a riven, so that when they get rolled again, these stats are locked.

With the crazy riven prices, expect people willing to buy between 1-10K platinum of these items to keep rerolling to get that perfect riven they've always wanted.

edit:

perhaps I have not elaborated enough, but these consumable items for locking stats only work on one roll, after that one roll the stat becomes unlocked again

Edited by BlackVortex

17 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

yes please,

i wouldn't even mind if each one of those consumables would cost like 300 platinum

but it would of been better if the eidolon drops were riven stat lockers instead of riven transmuters...

well that would be a bit overkill, considering a perfect riven on average would need somewhere between 5000 and 20000 rolls

but somewhere between 5-20p would be acceptable

Edited by BlackVortex

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

well that would be a bit overkill, considering a perfect riven on average would need somewhere between 5000 and 20000 rolls

but somewhere between 5-20p would be acceptable

not really because the REASON we roll rivens so many times is because we can't lock stats,

being abled to lock stats can reduce it to 50-100 rolls,because we keep locking the stats we want,

probably way less than that for most people

lock stat in riven - perfect idea
consumable item? neh!
better if one locked stat increase a prize of reroll (and blocked stats be limited by max 2 different lines)

5 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

being abled to lock stats can reduce it to 50-100 rolls,because we keep locking the stats we want

i think lower 10-20 at least max 40 ;)

1 minute ago, Rin-senpai said:

lock stat in riven - perfect idea
consumable item? neh!
better if one locked stat increase a prize of reroll (and blocked stats be limited by max 2 different lines)

i think lower 10-20 at least max 40 ;)

yup,would fix a lot of problems with rivens currently,with this you can literally copy a riven you saw in a youtube video,its insane :D

43 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

not really because the REASON we roll rivens so many times is because we can't lock stats,

being abled to lock stats can reduce it to 50-100 rolls,because we keep locking the stats we want,

probably way less than that for most people

sorry my bad you are right, around 10-20 times per stat so on a 4 stat riven around 60 rolls

it's still early...

Edited by BlackVortex

4 minutes ago, Katoenplukker said:

I think the current implementation of RNG rivens is more pay to win because only the perfect rivens are worth a lot.

The problem is you can get Rivens in-game and roll them without spending plat. Having a stat locker that you have to grind for and could then sell is fine, but having a stat locker that can only be bought with plat is starting to go pay-to-win.

1 minute ago, Kimimoto said:

The problem is you can get Rivens in-game and roll them without spending plat. Having a stat locker that you have to grind for and could then sell is fine, but having a stat locker that can only be bought with plat is starting to go pay-to-win.

buying a perfect riven from someone else is also pay-to-win, and even more so because you are guaranteed to get the thing you want

2 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

A potato for a Riven? Sounds great (gift of the lotus or sortie reward) like an Orokin Fixator

1 minute ago, BlackVortex said:

buying a perfect riven from someone else is also pay-to-win, and even more so because you are guaranteed to get the thing you want

Again, you can trade for any other item other than plat.

Path of Exile also rely on RNG over RNG system but allow for example reroll only numeric values or add extra stat. I think we need that - not complete stat locker, but things that modify stats that already are on rivens.

I think this is an excellent idea. While some view it as "Pay2Win" for Riven Mods (I totally understand this point of view), I believe that more platinum sinks are necessary. Platinum keeps inflating, but DE's Market (where you buy Forma etc) is always a set price. It would be nice to have a place to sink platinum to entice whales to participate in the market more because they will need to pay for their Riven collection more. As long as DE implemented it correctly and gave some sort of progression to a mod, I am all for it.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

hace 1 hora, BlackVortex dijo:

Add consumable items that can protect or lock stats of a riven, so that when they get rolled again, these stats are locked.

With the crazy riven prices, expect people willing to buy between 1-10K platinum of these items to keep rerolling to get that perfect riven they've always wanted.

Completly against your idea because that would for one lower the overal prices of rivens then also it would be a paid to win aspect for the game(true the game doesn't realy force you to have rivens but stil they boost a particular weapon)

Edited by kaotis

8 minutes ago, kaotis said:

Completly against your idea because that would for one lower the overal prices of rivens then also it would be a paid to win aspect for the game(true the game doesn't realy force you to have rivens but stil they boost a particular weapon)

"lower the prices" explain this to me please. I think the Riven prices will go down yes, and give other items on the market a better chance since people have more to spend

59 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

No it's not, because it's possible to do that yourself

57 minutes ago, Katoenplukker said:

A potato for a Riven? Sounds great (gift of the lotus or sortie reward) like an Orokin Fixator

Then I'm down to clown! An uncommon or rare sortie reward sounds fitting. Maybe even turning 40 riven transmuters into one "Fixator" for people who are never going to use their transmuters.

Edited by Kimimoto

40 minutes ago, Katoenplukker said:

How exactly do you compair those two?

Just the same as games that have chances to break upgrade slots, you use protectors to keep on rolling or risk losing that slot and need to find new gears to upgrade. 

Riven, you want to protect the determined stats from disappearing so you can keep on rolling the next one. 

Loot boxes : pay to roll

Slot protectors : pay to roll (or break that gear and spend another half year to get another one) (or lose the determined stats that required three months of rolling) 

Chances are used in these kind of systems as leverage to make you spend more money. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fudgey10.png

Triple Gcapa approved by Mein Führer. 

Hdelunium.jpg

It's not even a hd game guddammit!!

Edited by Volinus7