The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pre built forma in cetus

S.Dust

Ok so during the plague star event you guys made it so that the kid sold forma's that were built and that was great and it was at the cost of standing so it not like we didn't have to work for it. I think since the quills have become very easy to grind out standing for we should be able to trade standing with them for PRE built forma, the forma would be pre-built because if it wasn't then whats the point it removes the convenience at least if i went into a relic cracking mission i would get void traces in return. This wouldn't be broken seeing as they already cap how much standing we can get a day (even though we get enough shards in a couple nights to like max out standing) and if this still sounds too good you could also lock it behind the max quills rank all i know is a 24 hour build time on forma just hurts it sucks when you wanna get on a be productive but look at your forma count and you have like 1 and you just sit there like well... So yeah please add pre built forma to the quills standing cause as is now we can get a lot of standing but there is little worth actually buying from them, I know we have the operator arcanes but none of use are gonna act like mining is our favorite thing to do so we can go get 3 rare gems to build 1/10 arcanes that we need to max it out.

52 minutes ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Making such a feature behind The War Within + Daily Standing Grinding (Limited by mastery rank) will make players TO HUNT EIDOLONS out of necessity to get more formas.

Not everyone is farming eidolons.

You can get prebuilt forma from lua music puzzle and orokin rare container. Those are also sold in the market.

Right, you can get built forma by winning the lottery, how silly of everyone to build it when all you have to do is pray to RNGsus.

1 hour ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Making such a feature behind The War Within + Daily Standing Grinding (Limited by mastery rank) will make players TO HUNT EIDOLONS out of necessity to get more formas.

Not everyone is farming eidolons.

You can get prebuilt forma from lua music puzzle and orokin rare container. Those are also sold in the market.

Don't see how it would make farming eidolons a necessity, favored maybe but a necessity not really.

Quills are still locked by Daily cap like all syndicates, you cant just dump all your cores into rep and then come out with hundreds of forma, you will still almost always be limited to 1 forma per day from the quills if not less.

It will give a reason for people with maxed daily rep to use them and use up their cores. im all for it. there's no reason why i should have over 300 of each core with no where to dump them, it will be a slow dump but a dump nonetheless.

Edited by Midrib

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

Ok so during the plague star event you guys made it so that the kid sold forma's that were built and that was great and it was at the cost of standing so it not like we didn't have to work for it. I think since the quills have become very easy to grind out standing for we should be able to trade standing with them for PRE built forma, the forma would be pre-built because if it wasn't then whats the point it removes the convenience at least if i went into a relic cracking mission i would get void traces in return. This wouldn't be broken seeing as they already cap how much standing we can get a day (even though we get enough shards in a couple nights to like max out standing) and if this still sounds too good you could also lock it behind the max quills rank all i know is a 24 hour build time on forma just hurts it sucks when you wanna get on a be productive but look at your forma count and you have like 1 and you just sit there like well... So yeah please add pre built forma to the quills standing cause as is now we can get a lot of standing but there is little worth actually buying from them, I know we have the operator arcanes but none of use are gonna act like mining is our favorite thing to do so we can go get 3 rare gems to build 1/10 arcanes that we need to max it out.

Built Forma was the low hanging fruit that DE used to distract from the real "hidden gems" in that event...

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

and this is why it will never happen.

True, but you can get forma blueprints pretty easily as well, and craft one in 24 hours. Because of the standing cap, it would probably take the same amount of time to be able to buy one from the Quills if implemented. Also, it could be an incentive so more players do Eidolon fights...

9 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

So I can even more players whose greed oversteps their ability when I do public Eidolon fights.  No thank you.

Because I'm sure you were a master Eidolon hunter when you started...

30 minutes ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Formas are a necessity.

a nice moot point that no one argued against, you said it would make farming eidolons a necessity, and i gave enough reasons why it wouldn't.

30 minutes ago, DarcosRoyal said:

Daily cap is affected by MR. Higher MR will profit while the low won't even be able to buy 2 items from Quills because their entire cap will go to a bonus daily forma.

As they should, There is no reason why someone who is ranked higher shouldn't benefit better from someone who isn't, this gives an incentive for people who are low MR to craft weapons and rank up, basically giving people a reason to play the game, how is that in anyway bad for the game?

If they choose to dump their entire cap into bonus forma before they got the good items out of the quills that is their bad decision to make, just because its a decent item and it exists doesn't mean you have to dump your rep into it, plus Forma would most likely be in the higher ranks of the quills, and in general neither the quills nor Eidolon are designed for new players so it shouldn't be catered to them.

Edited by Midrib

Guys this wouldnt mean normal blue prints are gone also i said lock it behind max rank so you already will have to be working on your standing and eidolons for this to be of benefit to you plus currently quills have no standing dump with normal syndicates there is atleast relic packs and statues.

Maybe add a new vendor NPC in Cetus that sells Orokin related ship decorations, Reactor/Catalyst bps, and Forma bps/crafted formas for Ostron standing near the entrance to Cetus. These items would be on a semi-randomized rotation to ensure that the sold items are still scarce and fits the whole "look at what we found today, Tenno" vibe that a scavenging party would have. Lore-wise it fits as the Unum provides Cetus with almost all it needs and the Ostron would probably sell things scavenged from the Unum that they themselves can't use. This way it's not locked behind The Second Dream/TWW or Eidolon hunting, incentivizes players with full Ostron standing to continue to visit the Plains and do bounties, and adds a more stable - if expensive - way to farm crafted Froma.

5 hours ago, vvhorus said:

Because I'm sure you were a master Eidolon hunter when you started...

I was never a burden on the squad if that is what you mean. I was already high MR and capable of solo-ing any given sortie and even had a bit of Focus school abilities and way bounds unlocked before I started.  I read up on what to bring and how to mod things to be the most useful.  I even adapted to playing the DPS role in the fight even though I feel it is my biggest weakness since few people show up in that role choosing healing/protection (Trinity/Oberon) or buffing (Rhino/Volt/Harrow) instead.  I still only had a mote amp, but I could one shot limbs with my Chroma pretty easily.  I had a good amp (not gilded the 1st time) before I tried the trio along with even more Focus school powers and meta frame and weapon setups.

However, there were a bevy of MR 1s and 2s that showed up before Eidolon bounties (and wouldn't leave to free the slot). Plus all the non-meta frame, mote amp or less, no Focus school, weak rad damage tenno that want to take on the trio already still show up as the rewards are now.  I can handle a player joining the Teralyst fight with any frame, a mote amp and a decent weapon.  I only have the expectation that the Teralyst only bounty is all players have the mote amp.  I definitely wouldn't expect everyone to have a real amp, gilded or not.  Even with the increase in drops that is still way too much work otherwise.

The three Eidolon bounty is something different.  I see the Teralyst fight as an audition or the squad for continue to the next two on public.  Unfortunately, many players struggle with the Teralyst there, and I am not going to waste my time failing the Gantulyst if I know they don't have the gear.  I can only carry like half a player against the other Eidolons at the moment.  The squad would have to have a either two other equally strong players like myself or one incredibly strong player beyond what I can bring.  Both are uncommon to rare for public bounties.  Especially if everyone came dressed in the same Warframe or niche.

I see this not really able to handle the mission all the time in sorties.  Low MR (like 8 or 9) who clearly rushed to get there and have crap gear and understanding of Warframe.  They likely heard rivens are the big source of power and platinum and are complete dead weight, or worse, to the squad.  I often run Focus farming setups good enough to do my part but really struggle when I am solo-ing a 4 player sortie.  Which is all to common these days. I have learned to live with in Sorties, and it has become my end game.  But I can only think of a couple of sortie missions that come close to the same time commitment that the trio does.

Again, I don't need players who only see the reward and don't really have the stuff needed to not be heavily carried clogging up the pubs anymore than they already are.

14 hours ago, Dangerbone said:

Maybe add a new vendor NPC in Cetus that sells Orokin related ship decorations, Reactor/Catalyst bps, and Forma bps/crafted formas for Ostron standing near the entrance to Cetus. These items would be on a semi-randomized rotation to ensure that the sold items are still scarce and fits the whole "look at what we found today, Tenno" vibe that a scavenging party would have. Lore-wise it fits as the Unum provides Cetus with almost all it needs and the Ostron would probably sell things scavenged from the Unum that they themselves can't use. This way it's not locked behind The Second Dream/TWW or Eidolon hunting, incentivizes players with full Ostron standing to continue to visit the Plains and do bounties, and adds a more stable - if expensive - way to farm crafted Froma.

Well said.

I like your idea.

14 hours ago, Dangerbone said:

Much as I really like your idea, adding an extra detail of immersion into Cetus (and I'm one of those strange people that like to just hang about there watching the world go by), with a commercial hat on I think DE would need some convincing. Ship decorations are platinum based purchases, hence someone, at some time, will have spent real money for them. Reactors and Catalysts are reasonably rare, again providing incentive for people to spend platinum. Whilst Forma blueprints are now relatively common, they take a while to build and a degree of patience is required to build up a stockpile. This again leads to an incentive to spend platinum.

Basically I love the idea of expanding the Cetus vendors' roles, but I think if DE were to implement this it would be in the same manner as Hok, Suumbaat and Hai-Luk sell certain wares for platinum.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cotton Tail said:

Much as I really like your idea, adding an extra detail of immersion into Cetus (and I'm one of those strange people that like to just hang about there watching the world go by), with a commercial hat on I think DE would need some convincing. Ship decorations are platinum based purchases, hence someone, at some time, will have spent real money for them. Reactors and Catalysts are reasonably rare, again providing incentive for people to spend platinum. Whilst Forma blueprints are now relatively common, they take a while to build and a degree of patience is required to build up a stockpile. This again leads to an incentive to spend platinum.

Basically I love the idea of expanding the Cetus vendors' roles, but I think if DE were to implement this it would be in the same manner as Hok, Suumbaat and Hai-Luk sell certain wares for platinum.

I see where you're coming from, on the commercial angle, but most of those things are available in-game for time and resources. The ship decorations should be unique to Cetus and only available there, thus circumventing the issue of players having already spent money on items that then become available for standing. Reactor and Catalyst blueprints are available from time to time in alerts and are a reward from sorties, so players spending plat on them is really only due to impatience on their part. Crafted Forma can already be farmed in-game if you're willing to slog through a bunch of Lua missions hoping for the Octavia music room to spawn. Even if it is a rare drop from the container, players can still farm them for nothing.

As much as understand the need for DE to have little monetization strategies (unlike certain other developers/publishers), I don't see an issue for rewarding players who spent the time to get max standing. Making things like reactors or the unique ship decorations worth a significant amount of standing (think the 50-100k range) would retain scarcity and thus keep the monetization possible for impatient players. Exilus Adapters are a perfect example of what I'm talking about, while Simaris sells the blueprint, it's worth 100k standing. Many players will forego the standing grind and just buy one for 20 plat. In all, I think It would add an incentive for players to return to Cetus once Venus and other open-world landscapes are released. As far as DE is concerned, adding more features and rewards to Cetus would increase its longevity, something I'm sure that DE is pretty keen on as it stands currently.

3 hours ago, Dangerbone said:

I see where you're coming from, on the commercial angle, but most of those things are available in-game for time and resources. The ship decorations should be unique to Cetus and only available there, thus circumventing the issue of players having already spent money on items that then become available for standing. Reactor and Catalyst blueprints are available from time to time in alerts and are a reward from sorties, so players spending plat on them is really only due to impatience on their part. Crafted Forma can already be farmed in-game if you're willing to slog through a bunch of Lua missions hoping for the Octavia music room to spawn. Even if it is a rare drop from the container, players can still farm them for nothing.

As much as understand the need for DE to have little monetization strategies (unlike certain other developers/publishers), I don't see an issue for rewarding players who spent the time to get max standing. Making things like reactors or the unique ship decorations worth a significant amount of standing (think the 50-100k range) would retain scarcity and thus keep the monetization possible for impatient players. Exilus Adapters are a perfect example of what I'm talking about, while Simaris sells the blueprint, it's worth 100k standing. Many players will forego the standing grind and just buy one for 20 plat. In all, I think It would add an incentive for players to return to Cetus once Venus and other open-world landscapes are released. As far as DE is concerned, adding more features and rewards to Cetus would increase its longevity, something I'm sure that DE is pretty keen on as it stands currently.

Excellent points, all. I'd love this to be a thing and now I see it, your pricing strategy makes sense; with this setup (apologies for not grasping your point about high standing prices originally) impatience will still have its place in the market, but there is a grinding way as well.... :thumbup:

On 3/2/2018 at 5:25 AM, DarcosRoyal said:

Making such a feature behind The War Within + Daily Standing Grinding (Limited by mastery rank) will make players TO HUNT EIDOLONS out of necessity

and farming them now for focus shards isnt?

i would LOVE to have a way to use standing to get prebuilt forma....even if it took all my rep cap each day per....i KNOW there are many players now who have a MASSIVE baglog of cores to rep because there isnt anything to get anymore..at least prebuilt forma would give us a rep dump.