Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven slots : Any chance we can buy more riven capacity please ?

Doomsknightmare

More and more new weapons are coming, along with the upcoming melee balance patch, which means we generally get more stuff, many of which are worth investing a riven, so...  Can we buy more riven slots from the maket soon ? I understand it takes a lot of server space to store riven data, but as the game continues to grow I don't think 90 riven capacity limit is enough :awkward:

32 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

Did you work for DE, my dear Grand Master :awe:?

No he's the only one that paid attention, there was a prime time where Rebbeca told us that we get to have 90 since it was 15 when they just introduced them, YES 15 ONLY and then she told us that storing rivens than normal mods is way harder on their databases, thus the 90 and the insane amount of plat that you pay for 3 slots. So unless u have like a million to buy them a new data center or something like that...... you get the point.

There was a devstream also having Steve say about the database that they try new technology, tho it would not work somehow. So they try fixing this problem, and have also strong  incentives to do this, tho maybe it will not be possible for practical reasons. We have instead sharper text. Not complaining, tho more room for stuff to collect is a nicer thing...

16 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

See below

16 hours ago, Forsaken. said:

No he's the only one that paid attention, there was a prime time where Rebbeca told us that we get to have 90 since it was 15 when they just introduced them, YES 15 ONLY and then she told us that storing rivens than normal mods is way harder on their databases, thus the 90 and the insane amount of plat that you pay for 3 slots. So unless u have like a million to buy them a new data center or something like that...... you get the point.

In addition you might want to get to know the people who you are talking too. I am not just a founder, but one of the original Warframe content partners and have been here for more than 5 years. I do talk directly with the development team as do all of the channel partners. Trust me if the hard cap were to be changed the partners would know and release information about it as soon as we are allowed.

5 hours ago, DogManDan said:

See below

In addition you might want to get to know the people who you are talking too. I am not just a founder, but one of the original Warframe content partners and have been here for more than 5 years. I do talk directly with the development team as do all of the channel partners. Trust me if the hard cap were to be changed the partners would know and release information about it as soon as we are allowed.

So? Should he treat you any different than others? Your choice of words was poor and you're in no position to make such a statement.

Btw, you really are naive if you think they would tell you beforehand about a cap increase, which they already did 3 times.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:25 AM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the issue is apparently storing this information for all the players

I'd like to see the nature of rivens changed then if this is actually the case.  The game is about collecting and rivens are annoying in this regard since there is no way to have one for every weapon.

22 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

I'd like to see the nature of rivens changed then if this is actually the case.  The game is about collecting and rivens are annoying in this regard since there is no way to have one for every weapon.

the only way (that i can think of) to change rivens to fit the tech limitations would be to seriously dial back the level of random generation

On 3/11/2018 at 4:20 AM, Doomsknight said:

They said it during a stream before.  Every rivens you collect adds to the storage on their servers and some people's accounts already take up alot of memory, that is why there's a hard cap on Rivens.  The "unique" nature of Rivens means they also take up more memory than your standard mod.   They're trying to prevent save bloat from becoming a major issue.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

31 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the only way (that i can think of) to change rivens to fit the tech limitations would be to seriously dial back the level of random generation

There's opposition to this?  I thought we'd all kind of collectively decided loot boxes were BS.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:19 AM, DogManDan said:

In addition you might want to get to know the people who you are talking too. I am not just a founder, but one of the original Warframe content partners and have been here for more than 5 years.

So true. Does he live under a rock or why does he not know who DogManDan is?

HAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAH
AHAAH

HEH

On 11/03/2018 at 5:56 AM, Forsaken. said:

So this would be the first time in history that something was said on a Devstream and would not be changed in the spam of a lifetime.

There was a lot of talks about the other hard cap and how impossible it was to store all the riven info etc... A lot of really important and genious players came to the forums that ot was not going to change etc etc... and then it was changed.

New technologies might happen etc... Im not saying this is not DE´s current plan, but come here and state that it will NEVER happen till the end of times period?

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

On 3/13/2018 at 7:50 PM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

So this would be the first time in history that something was said on a Devstream and would not be changed in the spam of a lifetime.

There was a lot of talks about the other hard cap and how impossible it was to store all the riven info etc... A lot of really important and genious players came to the forums that ot was not going to change etc etc... and then it was changed.

New technologies might happen etc... Im not saying this is not DE´s current plan, but come here and state that it will NEVER happen till the end of times period?

No, at that time they said "it was very generous of us" for the 90 ones, and i'm not very familiar how DE runs their storage/server things. I'm hoping for dedicated servers the past 3 years, the only thing i really like in public matchmaking games. So far the only update on that side was dojo are relay alike hosted now, not personal, but PoE and all the visual stuff is nice, i'd rather have a dedi server runing to get rid of lag, host migration failures, and therefor maybe even more riven spaces etc.. But let's hope for the best in the future.