Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream #12 - Dev Q&a On August 14 @ 2 Pm Edt!

[DE]Rebecca

Will we get to be able to have the bonuses of helms without the looks etc.? For example I would like to keep my standard frost prime helmet skin (you know the beehive) but would like the advantages/disadvantages of frosts alternate helm(s) i.e. the bonus of air conditioning helm while looking like a beehive. :D

I like the alterations to resources now dropping but you've made the incredibly difficult task of leveling hornet strike and serration even harder now that you have mostly removed fusion cores and made slash dash drop what feels like 50% of the time :(

Keep up the good work

EDIT: Forgot my most important question, what's going to be done about the large amount of connection issues? I can't play consistently with half of my friends because I can't host a match and have them be able to join. 

-What changes to Nyx's Psychic Bolts and Absorb will be coming, if any? They both feel extremely ineffective in their current forms. Specifically Absorb, which will leave you sitting there like an idiot for ten seconds while any other frame instantly kills everything.

-What about the Ignis? Having been voted for as the weapon to be balanced out first, what'll become of it to make it useful?

-Will weapons like the Miter and Glaive ever be able to cut through enemies? The weapons seem to be begging for something like that; they feel so ineffective when simply bouncing off of enemies.

-In addition, will there be more weapon-type specific mods that add "abilities", much in the way Thunderbolt adds an ability of sorts to the bow weapons?

-What other cosmetics will we have in the future for warframes? Will we be able to change more of the frames' appearance than just the helmet?

-Will we get options to disable things like the FOV change when Volt uses Speed? For me personally, it gives me a headache to have someone use it constantly.

-Will holstered weapon positioning ever be updated? I really hate to see stuff like the Flux Rifle sticking off of my back the wrong way, or the Kestrel sticking through my chest, etc. If this isn't really practical, could we have an option to disable the display of individual holstered weapons, and have them blink into existence, sorta like in Borderlands?

Edited by Owlkin

We've been seeing a lot of expansion in the Grineer faction's content and lore. What's planned for expansions to the Infested and Corpus? Are different people brainstorming content/lore for each faction, or is faction content/lore a brainchild of one person?

1) Will you please make all bosses behave similarly to the corpus scouts in the Arid Fear Last Stand 3rd Phase? They employed a hide-and-run tactic when they felt like they were in danger, increasing the level of difficulty when trying to capture them.

2) Would you ever consider giving us the option to purchase 1 or 2 extra mod slots for frames and weapons? I know you'd probably never consider it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

3) Can you -please- not create similar time-gap mechanics for future events? A lot of people have clearly slacked off because of such a design, and many dedicated fans, like me and some other clan mates that I talked with, were actually demotivated from participating in the event because we weren't able to grind whenever we want (Yes, I love grinding by nature. Please don't limit a player like me for enjoying the grind).

The sword is pretty much the trademark of the ninja, and weapons such as the Skana and the Pangolin are said to be parts of the story of the Tenno, yet, Longswords as a whole are underpowered compared to nearly all the other melee weapons.

Do you guys plan to buff them or will them remain as they are?

Hi :)

Here's my Questions I hope they get answered.

Q. Will there be a fix for the current mod drops, lets face it at the moment all we get is the same 5-7 common mods. Fusion Cores are currently so rare since 9.5 I haven't got one -.-.

Q.I know you've said in previous live streams about new sentinels but have you considered making a ground 'pet'? Interchangeable weapons would be good too, with new weapon types.

Q. I've err... 'dragged' DERebecca into runs twice so far; a Vampire Kappa and a Corpus Void run, any chance of a special badge? Like a show of title something like "I ran with the Dev's"

Q. Will there ever be any use for the situation mods like laser/ice/fire resistance, since you can never tell what mission would have these adverse affects.

Q. Currently there is so many mods for Warframes that go unused 90% of the time, will there ever be increased mod slots spots for frames to allow use of such mods?

Q. At the moment there is skins for Warframes helms, is there ever gonna be body skin types and maybe upgradable to get better effects of them.

1.) Will there ever be more Sniper Rifles that would be viable late game? As of now, there exists only the Snipetron, Snipetron Vandal, Lanka, and Vulkar. The first two are exclusive/expire, the Lanka is *way* too hard to get for most players, requiring Mastery Rank 7, and the Vulkar does Bullet damage, incapable of killing tougher enemies in one shot, even in their weakspots. Slow weapons without innate AI/AoE have no place late game.

2.) Will there ever be more ways to gain Mastery Points? Perhaps the leftover affinity our Warframes earn could give a small amount of Mastery Points (say, one Mastery Point per 100 EXP?) after hitting the cap? I mean, getting extra EXP currently does not rank up our warframes, nor does it provide any extra benefit whatsoever. I'd like to see a use for that. Having to max out, say, eight warframes and fourteen weapons for one weapon that we really would like to have is a bit repetitive, I'd like to see alternative options to work towards Mastery Locked Weapons.

3.) Free-subscription players have a hard time getting Mastery Points and Slots; will there ever be options to get more slots without paying Platinum? I'm not a free player, seeing that I've bought that 2100 Platinum package, but my friend who introduced me to Waframe is a free-sub player, and he's been having a really hard time getting his Mastery to mine. I'm Rank 4, 2000 more points until Rank 5 as of this writing, and he's still only on Rank 3. Mastery is only gained through leveling weapons and frames; this becomes much harder to do when you are only given two Warframe and eight or so weapon slots. Two maxed Warframes and eight maxed weapons will grant a total of 36,000 Mastery, only enough to get to Rank 3. Yes, you can sell weapons and frames that you don't need, but what if you've already done that? What if you currently have the Warframes you love the most, the weapons that you use all the time? Do we just sell them and give up all the resources and time that we've put into them?

Edited by Psychosist

We had 4 events now counting this one, 2 Corpus and 2 Grineer. Are we going to see an Infested event as next one?

Also, Grineer and Corpus had some nice addition (Tech, Fusion Moa, Scorpion and so on) while the Infested only got a new Ancient Model. Can we expect something for the Infested in the next update?

Edited by Nicodemus666

Q: Considering you said that you would be implementing lore fore Warframe Planet by Planet, does this mean that Mercury's lore is complete? Because quite frankly at the moment there isn't any!

Q: Will a loadout system be included within the coming Arsenal UI rework?

Question explanation: Running is very detailed in the game and it's a fun gameplay element.

Actual question: Will we get a mission type where the goal is more focused on running than on killing? Like planting a huge bomb somwehere and then have a VERY limited time to leave the ship in order to not to fail?

Any plans on implementing unique AI per faction? More offensive grineer, more defensive corpus, etc?

Any plans on revising parkour? One specific thing that I think could use a lot of work is the base jump - no animation difference when sprinting, it has a slow awkward floating feel to it, as well as a generally awkward animation on it. 

What methods are you guys working on to reduce or improve grinding, especially for frame parts?

#1 -- Net code -- What level of priority has been given to resolving the many issues with networking/matchmaking?  Have you considered starting over from scratch?

#2 -- Bug bounty -- Being that WF is still in open beta, have you considered offering small platinum bounties (or other meaningful reward) for people who submit detailed bug reports on previously unreported (or previously poorly described) issues?

#3 -- "Textured" color picker -- Could we at some point see metallic or iridescent color palettes or color modifiers to add depth to the loveliness of our implements of death?

#4 -- Mission gadgets -- Are there plans to expand on the ideas presented by the Fomorian event and include more mission gadgets (e.i. cutting torches to get past physical barriers, technocyte cleansers to "seal the deal" on infested exterminate missions, etc.)

Warframe weather? Acid rain, Blizzards, Sand Storms etc etc.. A lot of the gameplay on planets is fun, but I think it would be neat to have an outside area that is effected by weather. Someplace you'd have to run through (possibly take damage) and then fight some bad guys at the end.

Might but a dumb idea but its been kicking around my head for a week or two..

1. What are the chances that DE would make the Golem look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man for Halloween?  So we can melt him down with our Flux Rifles.

2. DE VS Players on the game show Wipeout when will this happen?

DE will never tell us what is really in every hotfix/update. For example, we can now parry/deflect the stomp attack from the Grineer Gunner and the tentacle attack from Ancients. I just melee with my Plasma Sword right before they hit me. Also Vauban's teslas no longer stick to teamates/enemies. :(

My teslas stick just fine to everything