Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Only Gripe with Master Ranks

1 hour ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

A agree to disagree with above posts, perhaps leaving my personal thoughts on “MR noobs” & the use of term (or misuse depending on your opinion) “literally” was to big of a distraction to ask if the MR system should be updated. 

I highly doubt the MR system would be updated. The current benefits outside of mastery locked items are acceptable, and I like the extra mod space, traces and standing caps I get for jank I do in game. 

Even if it was a valid concern, it'll be pretty low on the priority list of things that should be looked at in game. 

and for the sake of completeness: Secura Lecta at MR18

Patch HistoryEdit

Update 19.8
  • The Credit Boost function for the Secura Lecta has changed. Before, you could get on average 11.6x Credits from kills. This chance has changed and now scales with Mastery Rank. At Mastery Rank 8, you'll get on average 2x Credits from kills. This increase continues with your Mastery Rank. At Mastery Rank 18 you'll get on average 4x Credits from kills (capped).

Hotfix: The Silver Grove 2

• Introduced.

16 hours ago, Orgoon said:

It means and reflects only 1 thing: time spent on the game.

It doesn't equal experience, because experience is knowledge that's acquired while doing something. That's why you have so many MR 16+ noobs.

I know a lot of players who are at Mastery Rank level seven and they have played this game since the Beta release.

[There is no way to identify new players from veterans since there are no Mastery Rank obligations.]

On 15/03/2018 at 10:35 PM, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

I even had a MR24 who didn’t know Condition Overload was a thing!

You seem to be new here, some vets have been playing for over 5 years, it's normal for us to take extended breaks and skip a lot of new content.

If you don't want to rank up anymore I get that, I have a few friends that won't rank up from 18 because they just don't bother and are playing only for the quest and storyline, I myself stayed in MR 19 for quite a while, simply because there were no weapons that interested me, and I'm not the type that crafts weapons just to level them (I'm 21 now).

But I see Zero motives for you to post with suck angry tone, What is it you want? To prove you are better than others? Were you not able to pass the mastery test and got angry? I don't get it. If you don't want to rank up, don't, if you don't want to max mastery fodder weapons for Mr, don't. It's that simple.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Mastery Rank still matters after 16.

only for rivens and really with damage 2.0 i see those being brought down. really the op is correct as with mr 16 its just up to the player to continue. 

On 3/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

It means nothing! No I mean it literally means nothing past MR16. Once you hit MR16 everything is unlocked and you have access to everything.

Past a certain point, MR Ranks become pretty insignificant, it's true. Higher MR gives you more loadout slots, a high Void Traces storage and a higher daily cap on Syndicate standing. The first is purely convenience, the second is slightly handy but creates no player advantage, and the third only lets you nab Syndicate shinies slightly faster. After you have free rein over all weapons at 16, you could basically ignore MR and be perfectly fine.

However, in the eyes of some, MR still has its purposes. MR is a rough indicator of game completion (being tied to weapons and Starchart nodes), so for completionists it's a nice evaluative representation of just how much of the game they've been through. For some it's a regular reminder of long-term progression in the game. In that sense I like to think of it like Pokemon. To be a Pokemon Master you need to catch all the Pokemon and complete the Pokedex. In Warframe it's similar. For others, MR is a status symbol they like to boast about, which is often frowned upon but is nevertheless a reason for attaining a high MR.

I personally find MR to be of the greatest use when I'm playing in public, as a general forecast of what to expect from the people I'm playing with. If I (MR19) am in a Sortie 1 mission with an MR 5 Tenno, I guess they might not yet have an extensive Mod library and take it into account that they might need help with heavier targets. If I'm in a similar mission with all Tenno around MR20, I can assume they're all capable unless proven otherwise. There are of course exceptions to this general trend (there are low-MR Tenno who wreck face and high-MR Tenno who are garbage at combat), but most of the time it's something I can take note of and adapt my own gameplay to. 

Edited by SenorClipClop

On 3/16/2018 at 5:35 AM, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

It means nothing! No I mean it literally means nothing past MR16. Once you hit MR16 everything is unlocked and you have access to everything.

And yes of course you have those MR20+ who’s ego is inflated because they took X amount of weapons and frames to Draco, Akkad or Hydron, but I laugh at them since most of um don’t even know what elements are superior vs any specific enemy faction or subtype within that faction (wiki is a thing). I even had a MR24 who didn’t know Condition Overload was a thing!

People with MR past 16 have nothing to really look forward to, i would like to see a evolved version since it hasn’t been altered since its inception when everything else has at least been touched to some degree.

That's the typical argument of those who cannot pass to a higher MR

MR means more daily syndicate cap, more void traces, more capacity for new or forma items, more loadout and so on

1 hour ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

That's the typical argument of those who cannot pass to a higher MR

MR means more daily syndicate cap, more void traces, more capacity for new or forma items, more loadout and so on

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Past a certain point, MR Ranks become pretty insignificant, it's true. Higher MR gives you more loadout slots, a high Void Traces storage and a higher daily cap on Syndicate standing. The first is purely convenience, the second is slightly handy but creates no player advantage, and the third only lets you nab Syndicate shinies slightly faster. After you have free rein over all weapons at 16, you could basically ignore MR and be perfectly fine.

I forgot about the minimum drain on new and newly-Formad weapons, but this feature is also just convenience since you're not going to use a weapon in challenging content without a full build. (It's not necessary, but it is super appreciated.)

What OP is saying is that having high MR doesn't really have any significant impact on a player, and that past a certain point there isn't much of an incentive to have a high MR. I think OP is angling toward creating impactful reasons to attain higher MR beyond just convenience and bragging rights.

Spitballing my own examples of this here, but what if really high MR allowed access to special mission modifiers (for fun) or exclusive free cosmetic options? Nothing that would make new/casual players miss out, but something that actually feels rewarding. But not so rewarding that players try to get there by grinding their booties against Hydron exclusively for months at a time to get there in a few months.... It's hard to think of something that fits just right. But I've never really given it much thought.

Eh MR is the only reason I still keep grinding new weapons and frustrating myself. Not because I need it or want it, but simply because it is a good goal to work towards when DE is busy planning out the new stuff.

Or else in between updates one would just get bored. Currently 1/4 the way through MR 22, hopefully I can get to 23 by the end of the month.

Oh, I started similar topic few years ago.

I agree that MR should give player something more valuable and meaningful than just higher caps for more grinding. 

But neither DE interested in it, nor most of players care about this. "Haters gonna hate, players gonna play", as they say.

34 minutes ago, RainDH said:

Oh, I started similar topic few years ago.

I agree that MR should give player something more valuable and meaningful than just higher caps for more grinding. 

But neither DE interested in it, nor most of players care about this. "Haters gonna hate, players gonna play", as they say.

I don't really see what it could give, though. 

In typical RPG's, higher levels gives more health, more mana/magic, more damage, etc. But Warframe has moved all those mechanics into mods instead. You want more health, rank up Vitality. More damage, rank up Serration. More energy, rank up flow. And so on.

And unique gear, you get as login rewards instead. 

Which leaves very little to reward to higher MR, except what is already being rewarded now.

Am 16.3.2018 um 02:35 schrieb (XB1)YouBitePi11ows:

but I laugh at them since most of um don’t even know what elements are superior vs any specific enemy faction or subtype within that faction (wiki is a thing). I

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (XB1)YouBitePi11ows:

The only thing irrelevant is your immediate thought I was bashing everyone who has a MR16+. 

Do you even know what you are talking about?

You are making a non informed thread and are saying you are laughing at others.

Everyone of your posts, in this thread at least, is aggresive.

Edited by Kuestenjung

Can we please move past the mindset of waving around our e-peens to show off how much [better/more committed/more experienced/more hardcore/whatever] we are than other players? People have been agitating for MR to 'mean something' forever, because it seems to them to be the only real source of progression so they grind it as hard as they can without thinking about what it means and is supposed to achieve (encourage you to spend plat on slots). Half of the periodic 'bring back Excal P' stuff is people salty that founders get higher MR levels slightly earlier than everyone else, as if that actually means something.

They've added in various perks that are nice to have based on MR, but I'm pretty sure that the devs don't want high MR to be super important because then instead of playing the actual game everyone is farming at wherever the latest and greatest spot is using the most degenerate strategy still available.

If MR is important to you, great, go for it. But everyone plays this game for their own reasons and have their own priorities. Please stop asking to have your own priorities especially incentivised so you can be validated or something, because the more they do that the more the rest of us feel pressured into following your priorities instead of pursuing our own and enjoying the game on our own terms.

8 hours ago, rune_me said:

I don't really see what it could give, though. 

In typical RPG's, higher levels gives more health, more mana/magic, more damage, etc. But Warframe has moved all those mechanics into mods instead. You want more health, rank up Vitality. More damage, rank up Serration. More energy, rank up flow. And so on.

And unique gear, you get as login rewards instead. 

Which leaves very little to reward to higher MR, except what is already being rewarded now.

Of course it can't be seen from current system point of view. Because for these changes the system itself should be reworked.

My original topic is archived, so I can't quote it, but there were some of these paragraphs:

- at first, MR shouldn't be almost entirely gained through grinding and leveling up every single one weapon/frame/pet; it have to show not wasted time, but actual player's mastery of a gear , his or her skill of using it on missions;

- true, MR should give player new weapons, mods and stuff, but these things basically should be more powerful than available at previous ranks; maybe new rank at some point give you opportunity to make one weapon or frame or creature much stronger, than before;

- some new, bonus areas or void nods could be locked by MR, since in reworked system it could actually mean player is more skilled and has gear suited for these missions;

And of course there should be much, much less weapons, than we have now:

1) 80% of them are useless trash, created only for MR leveling - because there's just no other way; worse, sometimes you need gain MR to get these things only to discover they are useless...

2) 90% of them you never gonna use, only, well, for MR.