Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, I'd pay at least $20 (US) to transfer my account from PS4 to PC

(PSN)AeonDeus

The basic model of warframe is we pay for convenience, right? When you don't want to grind for a mod, weapon, warframe, etc, you just pay for it. Something taking too long to build in the Foundry? Pay plat, rush it.

Well, I think there should be an option to pay for the convenience of not having to re-grind every single thing you've acquired on one platform when you decide you'd rather play on another. In my case, I'm finally getting a computer that can run Warframe, and given the plethora of performance issues the PS4 has with running Warframe (seriously, somebody call a detective to investigate the murder of my framerate), I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a way to migrate platforms without losing all progress. This is more than a typical everyday thing, though, so having to pay a not-insignificant sum (I think $20 US is about right) is appropriate. 

The utility is already there for support to put things in our inventory (e.g. when someone accidentally deletes an irreplaceable item, like a Chroma part blueprint). Therefore, it shouldn't be too crazy to completely replicate someone's entire inventory. 

DE, y'all have made a great game. I hope that you'll at least consider letting us GIVE YOU MORE MONEY to play it on our preferred platform without having to restart from nothing.

It is not in there hands simply to decide a account transfer, its on Sony and Microsoft, they are after all own the consoles and see a transfer as a lost of a customer.

Even with Microsoft beeign also PC you sitll ahve people with Mac or Linux even which can be also lost money for them, simple buisness standpoint and not on DE's side to decide or make demands.

Edit: Also, crossplatform or not, you need to consider that consoels get updates later, how you want o handle that if you buyed something as exampel that isn't on consoles yet, if it would be the other way around, the PC to Console versions just differ to much at this point, them beeing apart several weeks or even months at times. It would be a simple nightmare ot convert the different versions to the right one the players wants to play now, coding and programming is not easy you know.

Edited by Marine027

18 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

It is not in there hands simply to decide a account transfer, its on Sony and Microsoft, they are after all own the consoles and see a transfer as a lost of a customer.

Even with Microsoft beeign also PC you sitll ahve people with Mac or Linux even which can be also lost money for them, simple buisness standpoint and not on DE's side to decide or make demands.

That's not true at all lol. DE has the saves, DE controls the saves. Sony and Microsoft have nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think DE won't do it because the economies are so radically different but that's just my guess.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

That's not true at all lol. DE has the saves, DE controls the saves. Sony and Microsoft have nothing to do with it.

Personally, I think DE won't do it because the economies are so radically different but that's just my guess.

Yes it is true that DE does have all the data to do a console to pc transfer they are not allowed to do this due to the regulations put by Sony and Microsoft. They need to get special permission form Sony and Microsoft to do this type of transfer. Usually it never goes through because just as Marine027 said it would be a loss of a costumer buying plat form the psn store or the xbox marketplace. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It actually is true due to Microsoft and Sony having a very strict contract. They require a full cert process every patch and they deny any port requests by their own discretion. Do your research next time.

5 minutes ago, Panztr said:

Yes it is true that DE does have all the data to do a console to pc transfer they are not allowed to do this due to the regulations put by Sony and Microsoft. They need to get special permission form Sony and Microsoft to do this type of transfer. Usually it never goes through because just as Marine027 said it would be a loss of a costumer buying plat form the psn store or the xbox marketplace. 

It's not true... you guys can keep telling yourselves that but it doesn't make it anymore true lol.

Many games have offered cross platform save transfers. GTAV, the biggest seller of microtransactions BTW, did it with no regulations from the consoles.

Cross platform play? Yeah they have problems and regulations with. Saves? They couldn't care less.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

Just now, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It's not true... you guys can keep telling yourselves that but it doesn't make it anymore true lol.

Many games have offered cross platform save transfers. GTAV, the biggest seller of microtransactions BTW, did it... With no regulations from the consoles.

Cross platform play? Yeah they have problems and regulations with. Saves? They couldn't care less.

Keep telling yourself that buddy. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Lots of games have done it. You guys are saying it's impossible when it's clearly not lol.

Ever heard of a contract?
DE has a contract with Sony and Microsoft, That contract includes Sony and MS basically owning the space where the game is used while DE manages it, it is their decision alone as to if Crossplay or Account Migration happens. If DE did what you and the OP want, they would be breaking a contract and could be held accountable for it. You're basically asking DE to risk being sued by a partner company because you and the OP want to move platforms... It's ridiculous.
At this current time it may be physically possible, but it's not contractually possible, so take it up with Sony they hold all the cards.

Edited by Carnage2K4

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Lots of games have done it. You guys are saying it's impossible when it's clearly not lol.

It's can't be done. Microsoft and Sony specifically stated in the contract that DE cannot port over accounts. 

Sure they may not have done this for other games, but they did this time. Why? No one but them knows. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

It's can't be done. Microsoft and Sony specifically stated in the contract that DE cannot port over accounts. 

Sure they may not have done this for other games, but they did this time. Why? No one but them knows. 

You've seen this contract? I know DE are gods among men who can do no wrong, but I can think of lots of reasons why DE wouldn't want to do it and Sony / Microsoft holding them back wouldn't even be in my top 10 guesses considering they've never held anyone else back.

1 minute ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

You've seen this contract? I know DE are gods among men who can do no wrong, but I can think of lots of reasons why DE wouldn't want to do it and Sony / Microsoft holding them back wouldn't even be in my top 10 guesses considering they've never held anyone else back.

e04.jpg

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

It's been brought up before on various threads like this - https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/PlayStation-Network-Support.topic.html/warframe_accountmig-TmBp.html

Actually, why don't you contact support. Then you can ask/grill them for an answer, or any theories you have as to why it doesnt happen.

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

It's been brought up before on various threads like this - https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/PlayStation-Network-Support.topic.html/warframe_accountmig-TmBp.html

Actually, why don't you contact support. Then you can ask/grill them for an answer, or any theories you have as to why it doesnt happen.

Cause I don't really care about it lol. Even if they added the option tomorrow, it's something I'd never use. I just don't think the reasoning is true and nothing will change my mind about that.

And besides, didn't they do it once or twice before? Could of swore I read that here somewhere lol.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

45 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Many games have offered cross platform save transfers. GTAV, the biggest seller of microtransactions BTW, did it with no regulations from the consoles.

I mean, Rockstar and DE are two very different types of customers. DE signs whatever Microsoft and Sony hands them and there's probably not much room for negotiation.

Rockstar has an army of lawyers at their disposal. And something tells me Microsoft and Sony are both willing to cut a lot of corners to keep Rockstar close and friendly. If DE left them tomorrow, they'd probably shrug and say "guess we don't have Warframe on our consoles anymore." Not having the next Red Dead Redemption or GTA on their consoles would be a commercial disaster for them.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

See, you guys think I'm an idiot for not taking what a corporation says at face value. I think the opposite lol.

No one called you and idiot, but I'm not sure what response you expect when you make an argument from ignorance on a forum, require contract evidence, refuse to accept what many of us already know or assume because it's been stated in the past, infer it's all a company conspiracy then say "[you] don't care about it lol"...
It appears a little delusional...

And they have done account migrations in the past, but it was ONLY from PC to Console, not the other way around as the OP wishes. 

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 hour ago, (PS4)AeonDeus said:

The basic model of warframe is we pay for convenience, right? When you don't want to grind for a mod, weapon, warframe, etc, you just pay for it. Something taking too long to build in the Foundry? Pay plat, rush it.

Well, I think there should be an option to pay for the convenience of not having to re-grind every single thing you've acquired on one platform when you decide you'd rather play on another. In my case, I'm finally getting a computer that can run Warframe, and given the plethora of performance issues the PS4 has with running Warframe (seriously, somebody call a detective to investigate the murder of my framerate), I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a way to migrate platforms without losing all progress. This is more than a typical everyday thing, though, so having to pay a not-insignificant sum (I think $20 US is about right) is appropriate. 

The utility is already there for support to put things in our inventory (e.g. when someone accidentally deletes an irreplaceable item, like a Chroma part blueprint). Therefore, it shouldn't be too crazy to completely replicate someone's entire inventory. 

DE, y'all have made a great game. I hope that you'll at least consider letting us GIVE YOU MORE MONEY to play it on our preferred platform without having to restart from nothing.

We don't care.

- Sony Corporation

2 hours ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Cause I don't really care about it lol. Even if they added the option tomorrow, it's something I'd never use. I just don't think the reasoning is true and nothing will change my mind about that.

And besides, didn't they do it once or twice before? Could of swore I read that here somewhere lol.

They (Sony and Microsoft)  allowed people to transfer from pc to console when Warframe first came to console, but this was a one time thing. And it was a one way trip.