Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venus Open World vs Plains of Eidolon

(PSN)etone2001

*I want to state that this post is not trying to bash the Plains of Eidolon as in my opinion they are amazing, but instead give feedback correcting some errors they may have for future open worlds as a community*

Hello my fellow players,

I wanted to discuss a topic that not many people talk about from what I know... Plains of Eidolon is an amazing concept but I think such a huge open world should have way more activities, don't get me wrong hunting eidolons is fun, the concept of going out to get resources like mining and fishing is also quite interesting.

So what is it lacking? As I said the map is huge compared to other maps, but most of it isn't explored at all and there are some areas like the grineer  bases that are only explored during bounties which grow tiring after a while. Having said all of this...what could be some things that could be implemented or changed in the Venus open world compared to the Plains of Eidolon, I think this could be an interesting discussion to look at some ideas of this amazing community and who knows maybe we could see them in the game some day.

So what are you guys waiting for? Let's see some things you guys would LOVE to see in future open worlds and feel free to explain it in detail if you really want to.

Cheers :)

Edited by (PS4)etone2001

Considering it is called Plains of Eidolon, it does make sense for much of the area to be barren. Given the way Venus is in game, and that PoE was sort of a testing ground, we'll likely see much more content in _________ of Venus. I would enjoy seeing them expand on the bounty system, making it less predictable and more time worthy. 

I'd say don't set yourself up for disappoinment. Venus is going to big a big open map just like plains. Plains was just a big open version of regular tilesets. Even ArchWing was just warframes gameplay in space. Don't expect Warframe to be more than Warframe 

Edited by Hypernaut1

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Apollyon VII said:

Considering it is called Plains of Eidolon, it does make sense for much of the area to be barren. Given the way Venus is in game, and that PoE was sort of a testing ground, we'll likely see much more content in _________ of Venus. I would enjoy seeing them expand on the bounty system, making it less predictable and more time worthy. 

You don't seriously believe that do you?

On 3/17/2018 at 12:47 PM, (XB1)Apollyon VII said:

I'm hopeful, but probably shouldn't be. 

Maybe i'm just too old to DE and their tricks but I can't share that same blind faith you managed to grasp on to somehow.

Best wishes man.  I really do hope the next "open world" or whatever you guys are gonna call it is everything you'd hope it be.

8 hours ago, Rixuel said:

I want an Open World map without that big gate when transition from a village/city. I want the city to be directly on the open world map map.

Really nice idea im writing this one down...thanks

8 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

With it being such a large map... I hope they place in a day time monstrous foe wandering around...Bounties are fine..but daytime is really boring...having the option to hunt something massive wandering around during both phases would go a long way.

Yes! less gaps of boredom nice idea

It's fine there is nothing giant roaming during the day in PoE. Since Venus will have its weather cycles to determine content like PoEs time cycles. While it's day on Earth, it could be thaw time on Venus which is it's sentient battle. So it's not splitting sentient hunting groups between the two. 

And whatever they come up with designing a new open area can be retroactively added to older open maps. Just like the old tile sets keep getting new rooms. Open maps can morph and change for new activities so I'm not too worried about the gaps of "nothing". Open beta started with two tilesets. I Just wish over a cycle I could control barren areas longer then 2min before being harrased again by omnipotent AI.

What I really would love to see for Venus is a more thorough alpha(?)-testing. PoE Eidolon Captures are full of annoying bugs that haven't disappeared yet and which make you wonder if the Devs have tested the Captures like... at all. We still have random Eidolon respawns (regularly), locked up shrines (sometimes), locked skills after transference (often), laggy transference with bad hosts and locked zone-changes (usually on exit).

If Venus big game hunts will be equally bugged, they better have a good incentive.

Besides that I like to see:

• no lure mechanics
  • no narrow meta teams for core activities
  • compass directions on minimap-ring
  • access to operator and focus in the hub
  • optional cycle timers in the HUD/Navigation screen
  • better movement: higher service ceilings for Archwings, better controls. Alternative: anti-grav rides.
  • markable parts on big game like Eidolons and Spiders
  • remove foliages' ability to stop void dash. it's damn annoying when you're pushed away and try to void-dash back just to be stopped by some leaves or a long grass blade...
  • shards and whatever-comes-with-Venus should be tradeable for local Hub Standing (Cetus/Venus standing) or resources. Eidolon Hunters with 100+ capture runs sit on thousands of unused shards... give us a sink for that stuff
Edited by Toran

10 hours ago, AcceI said:

Maybe i'm just too old to DE and their tricks but I can't share that same blind faith you managed to grasp on to somehow.

Best wishes man.  I really do hope the next "open world" or whatever you guys are gonna call it is everything you'd hope it be.

I kinda feel the same way. I've never been so optimistic and depressed about a game at the same time, and even Devstreams have gotten to be a bit of an eyeroll at certain moments. 

At this rate I tell myself "It's going to be horrible/delayed/bugged" constantly just so that if I am proven wrong I get to be mildly surprised. Not to say that Warframe is bad. But for all the good they do, they have things that they do which meet the other side of the coin. 

Less of the perpetual grind wheel where you need to grind for one thing to grind for another thing like the fish and fish bait.More intresting activities that offer unique rewards and are worth playing,also just a more populated open world while the plains are beautiful a lot of the enemy camps are way too spread out and while we do have some caves open now they are pretty much useless outside of ore mining.

Also would be nice if when youre on free roam stuff like the incursions would be more rewarding and you could do more then just fishing/mining as a side activity,plus a way to turn in bounties and take new ones without having to constantly return to the main hub.

They talked about having gun zaws in the new open world how about putting some of those into bounties/excursions,maybe adding a way to mine for large resource deposits similiar to excavation so you dont have to run around like a chicken just painting walls to get all your resources,

Oh yeah also dont release it before its ready the first week of the plains was freaking horrible with bugs,glitches and crashes anywhere and everywhere,take as much time as necessary so venus doesnt end up being as broken even if you have to work on it for an extra month