Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Farnael:

omg please ppl! you loose some 1's & 0's in a sodding computer game and you guys & gals make it sound like the world is coming to an end! Grow up and get something else to do in your life and seek professioal help for this extreme addiction!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

What's there to discuss? Just extend boosters by 24 hours too. 

Baro has an 'on off' switch - so easy a programmer doesn't have to do it. 
Boosters have millions and millions of entries per userbase per type per 'start time', a programmer will certainly be able to make it work. We're just discussing the best way to do it - extensions or new free ones, etc. 

• Like 23

1 minute ago, (PS4)marsthegod1 said:

Any news as to what is happening with consoles in regards to baro etc. Because I've only seen people discussing PC

if they do some compensation for PC they will surely do so for consoles,if it had any issues

It's some child (at least in social and emotional terms) who's just smart enough to realise that a Baro Ki'Teer weekend immediately after a new Prime frame has been launched is a high traffic time which 1, causes the most annoyance and 2, makes it easier for them to DDoS.  There is NO SUCH THING as a DDoS proof system.  There is nothing DE could have done to prevent this happening.  Yes, it's annoying, but please remember to target your Ire at the perpetrator of the attacks rather than DE.

• Like 2

Judging by some of the reactions and sometimes demands for a temporary issue due to some idiot dropping a DDoS on a game, I wonder what would happen if someone dropped small-scale EMPs on about half of the online games' servers of the US.

Probably something like in the climax of the first Kingsman movie, I think.

ok,24 hours more for baroo,but I waste my free time- whole Saturday and sunday on this,and tomorrow I am working and when is suppose to make my ducats ?how this 24 hours will help me ?and boosters ?I buy one to lvl up my frames and almost didn't use it....and can someone pls inform us for the current situation ?

Edited by LaPlagaBG

2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Baro has an 'on off' switch - so easy a programmer doesn't have to do it. 
Boosters have millions and millions of entries per userbase per type per 'start time', a programmer will certainly be able to make it work. We're just discussing the best way to do it - extensions or new free ones, etc. 

*Insert THANK YOU gif*

Used to program a looooooong time ago (think... Pascal was considered an effective language, yes, I'm that old). About 99% of the effort is in how the code is written and the language used. Some things are easy, some things are hard. Sometimes, you think you solved a problem but something else pops up (C++ parsing anyone?). When you have thousands upon thousands of lines of code and the mere existence of a semicolon in the wrong place or a random coincidence of matching variable names can throw the entire thing off.

In short; it can be more a pain the behind to extend boosters than give everyone a 24-hour booster. So sit down, chill out, let the people work it out. DE doesn't let us down when things like that happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Lyravain said:

*Insert THANK YOU gif*

Used to program a looooooong time ago (think... Pascal was considered an effective language, yes, I'm that old). About 99% of the effort is in how the code is written and the language used. Some things are easy, some things are hard. Sometimes, you think you solved a problem but something else pops up (C++ parsing anyone?). When you have thousands upon thousands of lines of code and the mere existence of a semicolon in the wrong place or a random coincidence of matching variable names can throw the entire thing off.

In short; it can be more a pain the behind to extend boosters than give everyone a 24-hour booster. So sit down, chill out, let the people work it out. DE doesn't let us down when things like that happen.

what 24 hour booster when 2 days are gone without playing ? they need to give new boosters

i think of this DE could potentially turn this game to single player game solo mission only and partially online for other modes . This may prevent from gamers frustation , and every 2 hr account update if it is not platinum buy or something else from market.

Edited by Centurion07