The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, fakkura said:

haven't been playing warframe for long but so far there has been downtime every day.. must be hosting the servers in their basement xD

is this game even profitable for them?

lol, the RNG gods must hate you then as I have been playing since a couple of weeks before you and this is the first I had issues like this XD ... barring the POE bounty insta-fails that is :P

il y a 2 minutes, Smartiik a dit :

0% instakill chance, +100% is still 0

0% platinum drop chance, +100% is still 0

you are not in a mission, +100% instant mission completion while not being in a mission does nothing

:)

I think you confusing addition and multiplication.

8 minutes ago, fakkura said:

haven't been playing warframe for long but so far there has been downtime every day.. must be hosting the servers in their basement xD

is this game even profitable for them?

Strange, i'm playing warframe now for just 3-4 months, and i must say this is the very first time i exp server problems.

I did play eve-online for 11y, i know what server troubles are, all i can say keep up the good work DE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtr0q said:

I think you confusing addition and multiplication.

Not really. When the starting value is 0, any percentage change to it is 0, whether additive or multiplicative. There is no value to be boosted. Percentage itself does not hold a value.

Just now, Smartiik said:

Not really. When the starting value is 0, any percentage change to it is 0, whether additive or multiplicative. There is no value to be boosted. Percentage itself does not hold a value.

dammit I was just about to say that you beat me to it :D

1 minute ago, kotex073 said:

Strange, i'm playing warframe now for just 3-4 months, and i must say this is the very first time i exp server problems.

I did play eve-online for 11y, i know what server troubles are, all i can say keep up the good work DE.

not like that,it's first. everytime have ping problem or dc problem on eidolons etc. they need change server type or something.

Just now, -RAW-MustycetiN said:

not like that,it's first. everytime have ping problem or dc problem on eidolons etc. they need change server type or something.

There is no server involved inside a mission. One of the party members acts as the host and others connect to him. This is why the host always has no lag (local ping) and if he has bad internet, everyone else lags.

I'd prefer if they fixed host leaving issues. We just beat the hydrolist earlier and some guy rage quit. He was the host and we all got kicked to the menu/ship without any reward.

• Like 1

cmon DE  3rd time this happens today... just shut the servers for an hour to fix it  and dont dare you to not give us something for the things we have lost now  including our time trying to play this game.

i mean once can happen ok but come on pls

5 minutes ago, -RAW-MustycetiN said:

Connection problems during missions are not something DE can fix because they work by P2P.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Crytum said:

cmon DE  3rd time this happens today... just shut the servers for an hour to fix it  and dont dare you to not give us something for the things we have lost now  including our time trying to play this game.

The game is free to play. Most people here demanding compensation have not paid a cent for it, they just act entitled. They already mentioned that they might extend Baro and I'd guess boosters as well for those that had them. Other than that, just deal with it. A major outage is quite rare.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Smartiik said:

0% instakill chance, +100% is still 0

0% platinum drop chance, +100% is still 0

you are not in a mission, +100% instant mission completion while not being in a mission does nothing

:)

It's obviously a flat increase to the chance of it happening, like Memeing Strike.

2 minutes ago, Crytum said:

If they are facing issues related to conectivity provider, theres nothing they can do aside of hearing them say "everything its ok" and believing in that.

I have faced similar issues with a server provider company and A LOT OF MY CLIENTS gets really mad at me because my server provider never really fixed the connectivity issues they where having to begin with.

10 minutes ago, Crytum said:

To be fair, if it was a weekly occurance, sure but you can't expect 100% server uptime ... no company can claim that.  The odd hamster getting stuck in a wheel WILL happen at some point or another, with any system XD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smartiik said:

So how come i can crit with my Nukor when its crit chance is 0? (When using addictive crit chance abilities)
You clearly don't know how multiplicative and addictive % works.

Edited by Nakrast
  • Like 1

il y a 6 minutes, Smartiik a dit :

I'm pretty sure it's different when it comes to chances\probability. 

Just now, cursedmoon13 said:

It's obviously a flat increase to the chance of it happening, like Memeing Strike.

Which has a cap of some kind e.g. 100% crit rate = all hits crit. Tell me what kind of platinum value you would expect with 100% platinum drop rate. Platinum is not a value, therefore you can't boost an imaginary value with a percentage.

I lost spy mission rewards and I'm no fan of spy missions but I don't expect compensation from DE, these things happen with every game and they have been very good to us. I'm happy to play and have fun. Demanding free stuff brings down the good vibes homies. Clem happens.

• Like 4