The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dislike how DE treats half a century old gamers(or older) in sorties

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

2 minutes ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

I am on PS4 so I do have 2 fully charged controllers and this topic is the same as my older friends wanting self driving vehicles.

In my case its either wait a few hours till the younguns get home from university or bother some passing strangers or wait half an hour or more till someone in region recruitment can help or hope that someone in clan can help and then the problem becomes why am I sitting here watching a scrolling chat screen when instead I can watch Altered Carbon, Gotham, Westworld, The 100, The Colony, Black Mirror, Lucifer, Game of Thrones, Into the Badlands, Legion, Limitless, Almost Human, Black Lightning, Flash, Supergirl, Krypton, Agents of Shield, Strike Back, Taken are a few shows I watch on my laser projector.

I edited to change my post when I realized you are on PS4.  

As for the other stuff, I don't see much of a problem with any of those.  And Yes, I'm an Older gamer myself.  So I'm trying to offer suggestions without seeming like an A******.  I'm prone to failure in the not being an A****** part though.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I edited to change my post when I realized you are on PS4.  

As for the other stuff, I don't see much of a problem with any of those.  And Yes, I'm an Older gamer myself.  So I'm trying to offer suggestions without seeming like an A******.  I'm prone to failure in the not being an A****** part though.  

Thanks for trying to help but its looking like on April 3 I will just take a respite from Warframe as I dislike kuva farming and the sortie problems either get fixed in several months or the respite will be a year like last time.

Ciphers should work in Sorties, but only solve half of the puzzle or they consume more ciphers. I also love the skeleton key idea hehe. 

The only downside I'd be concerned about with giving extra time for hacking in sorties is that you just killed our rescue target, or failed to claim the data in time in spy after triggering the deletion while safely taking your time. 

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

Interesting, so both puzzles are equally difficult? The Grineer one requires some fine motor control and proper FPS to complete without failing, but the Corpus one should be passable in the 21 seconds allowed (with Intruder mod). No offense intended, but if you're already playing a game like Warframe which requires fine motor control and many fast button presses while aiming and bullet-jumping around (especially in Sorties), I have faith and confidence that you already can physically solve the hacking puzzles, you may just need more practice.

I believe you may also be overthinking these puzzles and that's slowing you down too; like for the Corpus, don't try to conceptualize what the solution will be, just focus on orienting each outside tile towards the center and/or an adjacent tile, then spin the middle until it solves itself. I'm afraid there probably won't be a new hacking mechanic in Warframe, and even the Orokin faction just reuses the Corpus ones, so I wouldn't hope for a solution anytime soon.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)aiptekfanboy:

1980 Torrejon de Ardoz, Madrid, Spain Airforce base F4 Phantom RF and of course the shot up from Vietnam jets they tossed at us also.

I am just asking why theres no alternative for older gamers other than skip or ask someone to do it?

Imagine if the attitude of Warframe were the same in other areas?

I.e. hey there wheelchair just either skip that building with a lot of stairs or ask others to carry you to the entrance?

Or at the marathon ? come on there old folks do the four minute miles or burst a heart but run faster to keep up with those youngsters?

Getting back to the issue why is there no Warframe market item to buy with platinum to fix this issue? (the hacking time and not the issue of old and slow running).

It must have been nice to have worked on these iconic jets.:smile:

I see your point, but it's just one aspect of the game. Just find solace in the fact that the tricky hack consoles in sortie spy missions affect much younger people too. Whether you're a nervous type or had a stressful day, if you're tired or simply have bad eye-hand coordination, there are many reasons to fail those hacks.

Most of the time it's simply triggering the alarm and not getting to the console in time. To be honest I hate those sortie spy missions because I'm not familiar with most of the data chamber layouts. So there's the decision to risk and fail it for the whole group or, leave it to others or trying it in a solo run.

These missions are difficult by design, it's their purpose. Some really enjoy em and like the additional pressure, others struggle. It's one of the few skill tests in game and it shouldn't be touched or watered down. If spy missions were a part of every sortie, I'd agree with you and demand a change aswell.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:18 AM, Chipputer said:

Except you ignore those people.

The real problem, however, is everyone with any form of disability asking for help or for a difficulty lowering. DE catering to them affects the game for literally every single other player. In the case of ciphers I can simply choose to not use them, of course, but in the case of changes to how mechanics work it will end up affecting everyone who plays. In a lot of cases people are simply jaded when they see requests like this because it often isn't simply adding a ramp for wheel-chairs. It's often asking for a lowering of the entire building.

It's the same with people who complain about epilepsy and very minor things in the game affecting them and then come to the forums asking for them to be changed-- perhaps one should take their health into consideration before they play a video game. I don't go to a restaurant and ask them to change their entire menu just because I have a specific digestive issue that my doctors can't nail down and properly treat. No. Instead I simply avoid going to that restaurant and I find somewhere and something else to eat.

In this case you're talking about a fringe case of a specific person (who is aged) with a specific issue having trouble with a specific aspect of the game. There is nothing that needs to be done to fix this one specific issue. You don't tell your football team to not tackle the guy with a bad knee. You let the guy with a bad knee choose, himself, whether or not to play and deal with the situation as it arises.

Stahp making rational posts. 

And you are correct that DE can't cater to eveey disability.  I actually posted something to that effect.  

The part you quoted was in response to someone claiming they had a much more severe disability and were able to still play effectively and therefore, OP has no right to ask for different options.

Just to be clear, I don't think the core game should be changed for people with disabilities but I would support changes to optional features like ciphers being available during Sorties or increasing the time on the Inturder mod. 

No one is forced to use either of those things, they are 100% optional features and I don't see why it would be a detriment to change those for less than abled players.

I'm not unsympathetic; I understand how ability can vary between people even irrespective of age (and I say that as a gamer who now is pushing 50), but I do like that there's some skill requirement in the spy sorties.  Ciphers would trivialize the challenge utterly.  No idea what a suitable solution or middle ground could be outside of perhaps just trying to improve eye-hand coordination. 

Aging is so wonderful.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:22 AM, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

The stuff we do when young is a real challenge when older.

In Warframe trying to do those hacking puzzels in sorties are no problem for the young.

However when past the half century mark (and older) the fingers that once were nimble fixing new F-4 jets are no longer nimbles as the decades flow past.

When trying to do a sortie puzzle my fingers are too slow and there are no options for improvement on my end as an older gamer.

My only option is if DE either redos puzzles with folks like me in mind or there is more time to do a hack via an improved mod.

I use a maxxed out intruder mod but an extra six seconds is nothing to an older gamer.

Perhaps in a sortie  give older gamers a chioce between a reflexes puzzle and a knowlege puzzle?

I.e. where is DE HQ located? guess right and you get the hack or how many ranks in a legendary primed fury?, where is Everest excavation? a t1 fissure requires what type relict? etc.

Thanks.

Yeah, I get your saying 50 plus, but the truth is, no, there's no need for any of it.  I'm 48 and a auto mechanic and I have zero issues with doing the hacking.  And for what it's worth, I had a Intruder mod, and never used it so I turned it into endo.  2 years is really not all that much when you've spent a lifetime with your fingers fixing carbs, rebuilding engines, etc.  Short form?  None of the above is necessary.  We do...like everyone else does.  We cope and continue along.