Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dislike how DE treats half a century old gamers(or older) in sorties

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

The stuff we do when young is a real challenge when older.

In Warframe trying to do those hacking puzzels in sorties are no problem for the young.

However when past the half century mark (and older) the fingers that once were nimble fixing new F-4 jets are no longer nimbles as the decades flow past.

When trying to do a sortie puzzle my fingers are too slow and there are no options for improvement on my end as an older gamer.

My only option is if DE either redos puzzles with folks like me in mind or there is more time to do a hack via an improved mod.

I use a maxxed out intruder mod but an extra six seconds is nothing to an older gamer.

Perhaps in a sortie  give older gamers a chioce between a reflexes puzzle and a knowlege puzzle?

I.e. where is DE HQ located? guess right and you get the hack or how many ranks in a legendary primed fury?, where is Everest excavation? a t1 fissure requires what type relict? etc.

Thanks.

Or, in the fashion of true DE bandaiding, allow cipher use in sorties. 

I'm also quite sure Liset air charge hack override worked in sorties too. Unless it doesn't. I use Mantis I don't remember :C

Edited by HyokaChan

Man, I feel you but...I suggest you to have a check on your hands, because there might be another problem.

I say it with no sarcasm.

I'm 40 and have Raynaud syndrome, younger but with a problem, anyway my fingers during winter are basically dead, but still I can do sorties hack and stuff.

So, again, I wholeheartedly suggest you to visit a doctor, as it could be a signal of another underlying problem.

Best wishes and bro hug.

If corpus puzzles, go for the 3 branch outer slots first than work with 1 branch, get middle last if its not a full connector. Yes it is tough even on new players I've seen join in and wishing to use ciphers. Even the bouncing grineer hacks I miss by a second at times even tho profile says my hack is 5s doesn't feel like it. Try using liset hacking from air supports charges, as mentioned above.

If you want to practice, wish there was a ps4 version http://www.41pi.co.uk/corpus/

3 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Man, I feel you but...I suggest you to have a check on your hands, because there might be another problem.

I say it with no sarcasm.

I'm 40 and have Raynaud syndrome, younger but with a problem, anyway my fingers during winter are basically dead, but still I can do sorties hack and stuff.

So, again, I wholeheartedly suggest you to visit a doctor, as it could be a signal of another underlying problem.

Best wishes and bro hug.

Yep, I can relate to this as well, not Raynaud's but connective tissue related ... it's just one of those things I had to accept in that I have to push harder than most and can't sustain the pace for as long as most.

Edit:  Block and Zoom toggle is my saviour, lol

Edited by Baerath

33 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Or, in the fashion of true DE bandaiding, allow cipher use in sorties

it would have to be at a very huge cost instead of one cipher, maybe like 5 or 10 per terminal cause that would make ciphers broken as hell

Would be kinda nice if hacking had a few dozen updates either way, they could turn it into something rewarding rather than a trip bar in a game most people are trying to break the sound barrier in.

Alternative hacking methods as much as extra bonuses to hacking; like how you hack moa closest to get yourself a free friend, but something a little more involved and intriguing.

Id say keep the knowledge idea out, as breaking the 4th wall is poor taste, and questions about mods and the like make little sense for appearing in a Corpus or Grineer console. There are other ways the hack puzzles can be done to make it easier for those with disabilities of the hands. When at all possible Id recommend simply not using the terminals in sorties, possibly even mentioning it to party members when you begin so they are aware. If anyone gives you grief then honestly they aren't worth listening to anymore as human beings and should be ignored, because there is little one can do about these kinds of things sometimes. I'm only 28 yet have the back of a 70 year old man plus issues with long term memory development, so I experience the some of same sort of issues, albeit in other ways.

Wish you luck with your gaming endeavors.

Intruder Prime

Sentinel Intruder Mod that stacks with a frames intruder

Upgraded Ciphers that can work in sorties

I can see it some of these things being of use to a small group of players.   Could be added without affecting the rest of the game as well.   I have issues as well, but Intruder slows it down enough for me.    Similar to color blind options, a nice qol addition for some players.    And wouldn't affect that that don't need it.

59 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Maybe if Intruder did something useful, like showing you the solution or autosolving a portion of it.  I think you are an example of the singular best use case of that mod's benefit, and yet it still fails.  Other mods solve problems, why shouldn't this one? :p

Reminds me of simplify on The Cube ... "Oh hey, heres one extra pixel on the target block that you keep missing by three"

On the subject of upgraded ciphers.... maybe a blueprint, name it The Skeleton Key costs 1m in Market, 1m to craft, 3000 regular ciphers, 100 O Cells, 50 Argon Crystals, usable in sorties, infinite uses, automatically hacks into terminals (no "Use Cipher" button, just press X and you're in) Truly a late game item, even requiring a bit of farming for veteran players (I doubt any of anyone has 50 Argon Crystals at this moment)

11 hours ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

The stuff we do when young is a real challenge when older.

In Warframe trying to do those hacking puzzels in sorties are no problem for the young.

However when past the half century mark (and older) the fingers that once were nimble fixing new F-4 jets are no longer nimbles as the decades flow past.

When trying to do a sortie puzzle my fingers are too slow and there are no options for improvement on my end as an older gamer.

My only option is if DE either redos puzzles with folks like me in mind or there is more time to do a hack via an improved mod.

I use a maxxed out intruder mod but an extra six seconds is nothing to an older gamer.

Perhaps in a sortie  give older gamers a chioce between a reflexes puzzle and a knowlege puzzle?

I.e. where is DE HQ located? guess right and you get the hack or how many ranks in a legendary primed fury?, where is Everest excavation? a t1 fissure requires what type relict? etc.

Thanks.

Ciphers?

11 hours ago, HyokaChan said:

Or, in the fashion of true DE bandaiding, allow cipher use in sorties

I'm also quite sure Liset air charge hack override worked in sorties too. Unless it doesn't. I use Mantis I don't remember :C

I honestly think this is the answer. If you can do the puzzles quickly, it's not an issue anyways. It's not more challenging or anything, but I can definitely understand it being a problem for some players. It just seems pointless. Allow us to use ciphers because its either basically the same thing for some of us, but it could be really helpful for people who struggle with puzzles for whatever reason. The real challenge of sorties is the enemy level and other modifiers, not the the puzzles. I think another way to fix this is to just give us more time. You can be pretty vulnerable while solving puzzles, so that alone is enough of a "challenge". The timer isn't really necessary, because like I said before, some of us do them so fast it doesn't matter anyways. It's just about solving the puzzle so what's the real point of the timer? 

Anyways, it's always cool to see older players playing games like this. I definitely will still be playing games as long as I can. :laugh: 

Ciphers that at least solve part of the puzzle would be a good answer. It's impossible to make a perfect fix, but players who want the challenge can ignore cipher use, those who want to cheese it can use it if they see fit, and those who need it will have it. Some of the puzzles are definitely a time crunch even with Intruder depending on someone's dexterity/visual acuity. Public spies are just begging for trouble.

One thing that would help a lot is if players would wait for everyone to get into position so that in case of any issues the Liset beacon can be deployed and benefit the whole squad at once.

3 hours ago, modalmojo said:

I can give a counter example though.

I have a friend whose age is about OP's, he told me he has stopped using cipher for a long time and he finishes spy sortie just as fast as most younger players.   

Not everyone ages in the same ways, at the same rate.  Intruder does suck though. :p

5 hours ago, (PS4)DimitriTheGamer3 said:

Or DE could personally recognize it's older gamers and give them an easier time in the game and help them out. Like personally giving them an extra 20 seconds to hacking.

There are 38 million registered accounts across all platforms, how are they going to verify the age of each player?

And how about the people who aren't the same age as OP but have had strokes or other medical issues that have reduced their ability to use fine motor control?  Are we  going to ask DE to take the time and verify someone's medical conditions as well as their age?

Asking for that is a bit much, it would be better to provide better options to everyone across the board. 

Either increase the time on Intruder, have our sentinels lend a hand, let the Liset air support work for hacking or allow ciphers for everything. 

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Asking for that is a bit much, it would be better to provide better options to everyone across the board. 

Either increase the time on Intruder, have our sentinels lend a hand, let the Liset air support work for hacking or allow ciphers for everything. 

Yep, I agree.  As it stands the game is open ended for players to play the way they want ... and be as "cheesy" as they want, lol, so that shouldn't really be a train smash to change ciphers/increase time ... at least not imo :P