Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anger from Red Text

More-L

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The customer is not always right.  

We seriously need to push this concept off a cliff into the Mustafarian lava falls. 

The customer is not always right.

Just because you have handed money to a person or entity in exchange for goods or services does not mean you are free of being a decent human being.

I agree with this. But just because a customer is unreasonable doesn't mean you need to insult them, that's just lowering yourself to their standards. Most of the people that filed a support ticket or w/e probably did so without knowing DE addressed the issue somewhere. It isn't really fair to insult all of them just because they didn't see DE acknowledge the issue.

look, if it offended you...you probably should avoid the internet entirely.

besides, the way i see it, they said, using the red text, that they were looking into the issue, yet people still were moaning and whining about it, right?  its normal for people to get irritated when people complain about something that they just said is being worked on.

not to mention...this dance is repeated with every big update, typically over bugs that they might have had to spend days bug testing to find, and possibly several more pinpointing the cause. i will admit that this time the bug is probably something that should have been found fairly quickly though

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm confused by these statements, they seem incredibly contradictory.

How so? The very quote you stated is clearly saying that it is not acceptable to insult everybody because of the transgressions of the few. They should have kept the dispute private with the offending parties instead of treating all their customers as though they are as bad.

6 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Then do what you feel to be right, speak with your wallet.

Which just brings it back around to the business losing sales because of this.

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Just because you have handed money to a person or entity in exchange for goods or services does not mean you are free of being a decent human being.

Nor does it excuse the company from insulting everybody. It is very backwards to believe that the company can go about insulting the customer without losing a large amount of future sales and the person involved being punished. 

Just now, More-L said:

I agree with this. But just because a customer is unreasonable doesn't mean you need to insult them, that's just lowering yourself to their standards. Most of the people that filed a support ticket or w/e probably did so without knowing DE addressed the issue somewhere. It isn't really fair to insult all of them just because they didn't see DE acknowledge the issue.

Region wasn't just being unreasonable, they were far worse. 

It's the difference between "may I see your manager" and "I just left a steaming pile in isles 3, 9 and maybe 6"

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes yes, boo hoo the raids are gone.

Did I mention raids? And who are you. Do you lurk around here just to provoke anyone that doesn't main Ivara?

Edited by .chcesz.piwo.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

How so? The very quote you stated is clearly saying that it is not acceptable to insult everybody because of the transgressions of the few. They should have kept the dispute private with the offending parties instead of treating all their customers as though they are as bad.

More that you said it should have been done privately twice, but then expressed confusion at people thinking it's natural to bring people in for private disputes.

Like, it looks like you're saying it should be done privately but then saying it shouldn't be done privately. 

And i wasn't there so I don't know for sure, but it's quite likely that there was an overwhelming amount of people ranting. I can't see DE messaging them individually and dealing with it privately.

And again, not seeing this "all customers" bit even remotely.

@.chcesz.piwo. Lol.

Edited by DeMonkey

1 minute ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Which just brings it back around to the business losing sales because of this.

Nor does it excuse the company from insulting everybody. It is very backwards to believe that the company can go about insulting the customer without losing a large amount of future sales and the person involved being punished. 

Five years of red text getting snappy, you really think this is going to be a financial crises for DE?

And again, Red Text only fired back at specific people in Region, not the millions of players across 3 platforms at al.

This is why people are claiming mountains out of molehills, the words that are being used are misrepresenting the situation, either for dramatic effect or pure laziness and it isn't helping anyone involved.

I've been in customer service for years and after a certain point, the employee isn't at fault for returning fire to a particularly abusive customer or client. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Region wasn't just being unreasonable, they were far worse. 

It's the difference between "may I see your manager" and "I just left a steaming pile in isles 3, 9 and maybe 6"

Unreasonable isn't "may I see your manager." Unreasonable is "I just left a steaming pile etc." So yes, they were being unreasonable, and it was likely 50 or less people that were being like that as opposed to the hundreds if not thousands that filed a support ticket or w/e. The statement was addressed to every single player that asked 'where is my kuva' regardless of whether it was polite or not, but even the polite ones were insulted.

3 hours ago, MithVakhar said:

*Customer comes into store*
*Customer sees no milk and asks where it is*
*Worker explains that the delievery hasn't been made yet but will be coming today*
*Worker understands to prevent further questioning from future people, worker posts a sign on door and also where the milk should be, explaining why there is no milk yet*
*More customers come in and ask where is the milk*
*Some of the customers despite walking in front of the sign start to have tantrums both annoying the workers and other customers*
*Worker can't even explain because these customers are refusing to listen despite already putting up signs and explaining politely*
*Worker raises voice loudly and speaks rudely to be heard*

Dealt with similar things in life at work. If you have a sample product out for people to try and people are throwing a tantrum are just disturbing the work place, you usually kick them out or call the police. And in some places, you have workers who's sole job is to forcefully remove them.

Going to quote this and lock the thread because this is a very good analogy.