Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PublicHosting afker forever plains of eidolon

EvilDarknessAlien

1 hour ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Insert Primed Wat meme here*

OP appears to have joined one or more public groups on The Plains of Eidolon only to find the host is afk.

OP is wondering if there is a reason behind these hosts being afk, i.e is it a bug, is it an exploit etc

There are players that are lazy to the point in hoping that if they remain in the plains with session set to public that someone will come in an do incursions that pop up an get them the good stuff but dont know about the timer on being idle makes you lose out on the rewards that can be gained.

Its very common thing as lower MR players sometiems are too lazy to actually play the game cause they cant be bothered to try an play. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

Its very common thing as lower MR players sometiems are too lazy to actually play the game cause they cant be bothered to try an play. 

Seriously, why would you ever do that? What's the point? You want to play a game but you're too lazy, so you let the game play itself? Why not watch someone else play on twitch then? Why even having an account? What is that you gain from it?

I don't believe people like that actually exist, it defies logic. If they do exist, it would be fascinating, and I'd appreciate more insight into what could be going on inside of this type of afker's mind.

13 minutes ago, Iludra said:

Seriously, why would you ever do that? What's the point? You want to play a game but you're too lazy, so you let the game play itself? Why not watch someone else play on twitch then? Why even having an account? What is that you gain from it?

I don't believe people like that actually exist, it defies logic. If they do exist, it would be fascinating, and I'd appreciate more insight into what could be going on inside of this type of afker's mind.

Basically, they can't bother to play the game due to either lack of interest in playing but have a need to obtain rewards or are absolutely lazy toxic people. I know I AFK'd before due to burn out on repeating the same mission and doing the same cheesy efficient tactic just to craft something new to look forward to at which point I started to enjoy the game again but then get bored of it and have to grind a new item to have fun again. Warframe is an extremely long and tedious grind depending on how you play it and look at your future goals and RNG.

They are just there to leech.

Every incursion done by other players will net them something.

It technically isn't wrong since they never commited to anything. Just leave the match.

If you are talking about bounties given by Konzu, make sure you report them. They have committed to a bounty but chooses to AFK.

Clearly I must be out of touch, because I can't comprehend why would you care about items in a game you don't like to play. And if you like to play it, then, well, play it. It's not supposed to be a job, it's entertainment (you're not feeding your family with these in game items, are you?)

Anyway, thanks for explaining the motivation behind this behavior, I find it both disturbing and fascinating.

18 hours ago, Iludra said:

it a way to make it seem like you been playing longer than you have as in stats page shows how long you been playing game in total. So they could make people think they have just never really bothered to lv things up, as i have came across people who dont want to bother getting higher MR cause they dont like doing the tests.

there been people joining events an as soon as they get in the mission will go find the exit point an afk there so they can get credit for it while they do other stuff, They dont want to put the effort into things they dont deem fun.

23 hours ago, 2old4gamez said:

OP appears to have joined one or more public groups on The Plains of Eidolon only to find the host is afk.

OP is wondering if there is a reason behind these hosts being afk, i.e is it a bug, is it an exploit etc

OP its more like the Host went to take a Bio or fell asleep at the keyboard. Regardless if you get to the plains and you have finished just leave the squad

Edited by Wildcardgsx

15 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

it a way to make it seem like you been playing longer than you have as in stats page shows how long you been playing game in total. So they could make people think they have just never really bothered to lv things up, as i have came across people who dont want to bother getting higher MR cause they dont like doing the tests.

there been people joining events an as soon as they get in the mission will go find the exit point an afk there so they can get credit for it while they do other stuff, They dont want to put the effort into things they dont deem fun.

wtf i play warframe for fun, but afkers broken "the fun".

7 минут назад, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 сказал:

saying person excuse for afking is often family needing something or have to go cook food or just anything in general that could be used as reason to go afk an not be back for a good while.

Not sure if "english in my head" is broken or..?

On 29/03/2018 at 10:00 AM, Iludra said:

I get "too lazy" to play sometimes. Not to this scale. But I might need relics so I'll just choose a defence, switch to banshee and just press one button the entire time. Its about the gameplay being dull/repetitive but you needing something. So you play without playing.