The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is this possible still in the game?

ZestyWins

People extracting at the last second is still a plague in this game and I demand to know why it hasn't been addressed when you can easily find complaint forums about it from 3 years ago.

Just happened to me where the other 3 randoms wait until 1 second is remaining and then switch to extract at the exact same time leaving me absolutely screwed over. How is it possible that after all this time DE still hasn't addressed this issue and made simple changes that would eliminate it easily like adding a one time 3 second increase if someone switches over in the last few seconds? DO SOMETHING.

Because there is no practical way to automatically punish the people who do this without running the risk of accidentally punishing people who don't.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is something DE can do, but they would have to be pretty careful about it sowe don't end up with something like the AFK timer, which is usually worse the AFKers it supposedly prevents.

Edited by xXRampantXx

No practical way? Adding 3-5 seconds one time if someone switches to extract isn't a PRACTICAL WAY? Who cares if they get punished, it can be made impossible for them to do completely. If that's not a practical way then nothing is. What a joke that it is even still possible.

4 minutes ago, ZestyWins said:

No practical way? Adding 3-5 seconds one time if someone switches to extract isn't a PRACTICAL WAY? Who cares if they get punished, it can be made impossible for them to do completely. If that's not a practical way then nothing is. What a joke that it is even still possible.

As I said, there are preventative measures DE could take, but the kind of people who do things like this are almost certainly the kind to do other things, and as such should be discouraged in some way, with some form of punishment being the most likely method.  My practicality comment applied only to such punishments, not to preventatives.

Edited by xXRampantXx

4 minutes ago, ZestyWins said:

Misread part of it, but still. They would still find other ways to grieve people.

Honestly to prevent this I go in ready to solo whatever mission I'm doing. This way if they try to troll I'm fine. Happened recently to me and one other so I carried them through the next 5 waves.

Edited by Shinobu_Scorpion

There's no need to lock people into anything whatsoever. Simply make it so that if anyone hits extract you get a one time (can't happen twice to make the timer go forever) 3-5 seconds added to the timer. Giving other people time to react. Eliminates the problem without needing to lock people into anything.

I've wondered that myself. Thankfully I've reached a point where I can solo the next 5 waves as an emergency when necessary but that shouldn't even be a risk.

I agree adding a small timer increase when players switch to extract is a good way, as long as the timer was already below 5 seconds. Also, possibly a delay that prevents moving to extract after having chosen to stay, for a set time to keep people from bouncing back and forth leaving you wondering if they'll screw you over.

1 minute ago, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

Honestly to prevent this I go in ready to solo whatever mission I'm doing. This way if they try to troll I'm fine. Happened recently to me and one other so I carried them through the next 5 waves.

Honestly i'm the same way, I pretty much exclusively play solo or with friends, but this isn't possible for some people.

1 minute ago, ZestyWins said:

There's no need to lock people into anything whatsoever. Simply make it so that if anyone hits extract you get a one time (can't happen twice to make the timer go forever) 3-5 seconds added to the timer. Giving other people time to react. Eliminates the problem without needing to lock people into anything.

I second this idea. It would also be helpful if they utilize the same method from the PoE to save rewards per rotation (an idea they mentioned in stream but have yet to implement).  At least that way you don't lose out on everything just because some Tenno ran out at the last second

8 minutes ago, XCalPro said:

There is an easy solution to this problem. Just have DE add a confirmation if your the only player going into the next round. This will give you the option to extract as well.

I actually think this is a great idea. Simple and effective. You may still have issues with times that 2 people leave and only two are left that may not be able to complete it but it would be very helpful for a single person.

I believe I have been on the offending side of this at least once or twice.

---

How and Why?

I am usually in favor of staying in the mission, so I vote to stay. However, I would really want to avoid a host migration at all cost, because may mean that enemies will not move, enemies will not spawn, I will fail to connect to whoever the next host is, and I will be forced to quit and lose progress.

Because of that, I will change from stay to leave as soon as I see the host vote to leave. And that can happen soon, or can happen in the last seconds. And I may not see the host changed if the connection is not the best. Usually everybody does the same, so we all leave... but not always.

I do not know if the person who stays would have rather left, and my intention was never to troll anybody. I would like to have a way to express that I want to stay, unless a host migration will happen.

---

Now, given this I would be in favor of extra time when somebody switches from stay to leave if:

- The timer is already below 5 seconds.

- There is somebody who is still on stay.

---

With that said. The idea of a second verification as suggested by XCalPro seems more versatile. If the game ask me if I want to stay in the situation where I will be alone, then the game could ask me in the situation where there will be host migration. That can solve both problems.

20 minutes ago, ZestyWins said:

Who cares if they get punished,

And thats the reason why DE added extraction options. 

So if anything, thank you for being here and making it possible for the rest to not having to deal with others like you when not needed.

3 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

Actually, there is another argument: Because there are better ways to prevent this such as the one XCalPro suggested.

That isn't an argument against the change that's simply an alternative that in your opinion is better. I would make note that an extra confirmation screen is more work than is necessary and that a few seconds increased timer is just as effective and less annoying that a popup window that requires another click. There is of course alternate fixes but none as simple as a few seconds added to the timer one time.

Problem: People chickening out at the last second on stay/go screens.
Solutions:

Spoiler

1: Limit of one switch per person. If only one person is leaving/staying, they get the chance to switch to the other side.
A ruthless, limiting method, but it is possible.
2: Confirmation of staying alone. Confirmation should have enough time for people to read it and should be concise.
Using the time it takes for the rest of the squad to listen to the Mission Complete music before it zaps to the loading screen to make this feasible, and give any remaining players the chance to escape certain destruction.
3: Extend timer if you're the only one on staying side.
A soft-handed solution.
Surplus option: If alone but match set to public, add option to reset enemy scaling and rotation, thus opening the session for new participants, and by extension making it unnecessary to re-run Defense missions. The game would display mission completion, but actually instead use the Bounty reward programming to save it as a 'checkpoint'.

Also, the way Host Migrations are handled can lead to many bugs or, in the rare case, fixing of other bugs. Unfortunately every time this happens, we have to endure a loading screen and when enemies become active again, the loading takes longer for others and we all start taking damage with no way to react.

Not to mention that Host Migrations can also lead to every participant losing all progress, in some cases.

That said, one solution is to force everyone into an isolated session if host migration fails, and then an option for them to extract and save progress. This solution can also utilize Lotus' Grustag 3 Mission Scrapped/Aborted dialogue.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded.

2 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

And thats the reason why DE added extraction options. 

So if anything, thank you for being here and making it possible for the rest to not having to deal with others like you when not needed.

What are you even on about mate? I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say or imply here.

32 минуты назад, xXRampantXx сказал:

Because there is no practical way to automatically punish the people who do this without running the risk of accidentally punishing people who don't.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is something DE can do, but they would have to be pretty careful about it sowe don't end up with something like the AFK timer, which is usually worse the AFKers it supposedly prevents.

No need for any of those things, just add a 5-10 second time if someone is left alone to decide if he wants to stay or not.

Am I transported back in time? The only way that those three people switched to extract at the last second means that either they or you didn't click "continue". If all players click on one option it just auto does it. If anyone hasn't chosen you better know that at least one is extracting.

For me the best answer is re-imagine this whole process, so create a new paradigm from what's already there and do something like this, (and from the mentality of not punishing anyone in the process):

1. The Timer is there so that one player does not waste the time of the others (10 seconds or so is a reasonable amount)
  2. The default state is to leave, lacking a vote (electing to play further on endless), returning to the Lander/Orbiter if a consensus is not reached to continue playing.
  3. In order to continue in an endless mission, a player needs to do a similar prompt as seen in Trading, and if a player cancels, it cancels the agreement for all players, just like a Trade cannot move forward if one backs out.
  4. That way if a player cancels last minute for whatever reason (the point being the reason does not matter as the rest are protected now), they now have the choice to do so and not harm the experience of others.

I hope something like this works, as sometimes it's really not malicious, some other real life thing occurs that takes priority and then it can be too easy to forget about the other players in the squad. 

So ideally, with such a suggested structure, problems of leaving someone behind is at least dealt with, and then players can regroup; as if things do change we can simply click on Public Matchmaking and try again, go to recruit/clan chat forming a new squad, so on an so forth. Hope this is clear on what I mean from how it currently works, and how I feel this could work out in the future.

3 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Am I transported back in time? The only way that those three people switched to extract at the last second means that either they or you didn't click "continue". If all players click on one option it just auto does it. If anyone hasn't chosen you better know that at least one is extracting.

It does start immediately when all four are on the right side.

It's possible with the Timer, IIRC, leaving the Options alone (keeping the Icon in the center), you can be dragged into another Wave.

So, if you do not cause an action, if no one is moving from the center, you can progress with all icons in the Center of the screen, and in such a situation, I believe players can leave last minute.

1 minute ago, CptSpaceHerpes said:

this has been going on for years ..been playing since 2013 and have seen it alot because of that i leave my mouse curser over extract on every stage..there have  been several great suggestions in this thread and de does need to implement something...there have been complaints about this for 5 years and they havnt done anything about it

There have been changes and tweaks to this, just that the changes still allow for some shenanigans to be possible, intentional or otherwise, so the devs need to see this aspect from a different angle.

7 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

I... don't really see it as that big of an issue, i usually play as a rando most of the time and do it just for fun, never really to intend harm, just seemed like a "oh no you didn't!" kind of moments to me haha.

It is a huge issue when in a Void Fissure and you've gotten good luck and wanted the drops you've earned thus far but end up not getting them because of people like you.