Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Damage Scaling?

TheBlackSpectre

Question

Hi everyone!

It doesn't seem like Ember's damage (fireball, fire blast, and world on fire) scale with the level of enemies ember is attacking? You know, like most weapons?

I've just noticed that Ember's fire is a lot more effective at lower levels, but when fighting higher level enemies (50+) it doesn't really affect them. This has always been the case for Ember's World On Fire, but now that Ember is nerfed, maybe revisting scaling for Ember's damage would be a good thing? Hint, hint.

11 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

It doesn't seem like Ember's damage (fireball, fire blast, and world on fire) scale with the level of enemies ember is attacking? You know, like most weapons?

What weapons are you using that scale with enemy level?? The only weapon I can think of that does more damage as enemy levels increase is a dagger with Covert Lethality on it and you strike an unalerted enemy.  

Mag's Polarize kinda scales with enemy level, but only because of the fact that it deals damage based on how much shields/armor it strips off an enemy.  There's not enough shields/armor on low level enemies for the damage potential of polarize to max out.

26 minutes ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Hi everyone!

I've just noticed that Ember's fire is a lot more effective at lower levels, but when fighting higher level enemies (50+) it doesn't really affect them. This has always been the case for Ember's World On Fire, but now that Ember is nerfed, maybe revisting scaling for Ember's damage would be a good thing? Hint, hint.

Problem isnt with Ember's skills, its with Heat Proc that doesnt Stack. If Heat procs stacked like poison and Slash instead of just resetting the duration, her World of Fire would deal absurd amounts of damage.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

What weapons are you using that scale with enemy level?? The only weapon I can think of that does more damage as enemy levels increase is a dagger with Covert Lethality on it and you strike an unalerted enemy.

And where is it that you saw that Covert Lethality Scales? It only adds 100 damage to the weapon's attack and an extra 100 on executions.

56 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

And where is it that you saw that Covert Lethality Scales? It only adds 100 damage to the weapon's attack and an extra 100 on executions.

Thats what it says it does, but it most certainly scales. I use it with ash fatal teleport against level 150 enemeies just easy 1 shots. Take it off and i just remove 0.0005% of their health

3 hours ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Weapon damage doesn't increase base on enemy level.

3 hours ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

I've just noticed that Ember's fire is a lot more effective at lower levels, but when fighting higher level enemies (50+) it doesn't really affect them.

At these levels, ember turns from DPS to CC. You will need to rely more on your weapons and just use her powers to control the enemies. Like most warframes do at this level. 

With the exception of certain abilities (exaulted weapons), abilities are only affected by power strength and the level of the warframe. This means there is a limit to how much damage it can deal. To get the exact values, you might want to check the ability screen in the arsenal.

4 hours ago, TheBlackSpectre said:

Hi everyone!

Like it's been mentioned This was never the case for pretty much every ability and weapon in the game. Armor scaling, and it's resistance to heat is the main problem.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Problem isnt with Ember's skills, its with Heat Proc that doesnt Stack. If Heat procs stacked like poison and Slash instead of just resetting the duration, her World of Fire would deal absurd amounts of damage.

Covert Lethality scales in that it will always 1 shot an enemy no matter the level or HP if you do a finisher with it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Ember is so powerful right now I can't even beleive it. My favorite frame too, happy times.

I would say the opposite. It's gutted most of her builds that deal with WoF, made WoF much to energy hungry if your NOT using the Meme build to use her other abilities. and x2 damage with only melee range with heavy drain is not useful for keeping an Ember alive in high level play.

EDIT: However she does excellent damage scaling if your talking about Weapons with heat damage in them. You can stack boosters that can make your guns do very high heat damage! Flash accelerant with 260% Str gives something like 640% add 50% to that from accellerant, another 50% if you shoot through the fire ring (thta IIRC can be stacked on top of each other to each give a 50% per ring you shoot through, this is very expensive and time comsuming to do however) So yeah your Tig that does 20K heat damage? can get like a 740% damage boost if you set it up right...

Edited by Andaius

vor 10 Stunden schrieb BiancaRoughfin:

Yeah that's bad UI.

Covert Lethality makes finishers lethal. The +100 refer to "lethal damage and makes it allways take 100% of theyr health as finisher damage, rather then working on multiplicators. It can't crit, it does nothing else but every finisher is a guaranteed kill, no matter if you're fighting level 5 or level 999 enemys (yes, that is a thing. There even was a event where you had to do a 10 minutes survival with nothing but level 999 units.)

The only thing beside this that does scale for damage are certain abilitys including

*Oberons Smite, that takes enemy health and adds it to its orbs

*Trinitys EV, that damages for a percentage

*Garas MV, that adds a percentage of enemy health, which can in turn be used to feed her splinter storm

*Ashs Bladestorm, that bypasses scaling

* and Ashs Seeking Shuriken, Mags Fracturing Crush and Banshees Sonic Fracture, which are all able to depel armor completely and thus help bypass scaling

And certain status types including

*Viral status, that halves health

*Magnetic status, that reduces shields by 70% i believe and

*Corrosive status, that lowers armor by a percentage, what in turn again results in more damage no matter how enemys scale in armor.

...embers thing is Cc. All of her abilitys provide more or less Cc in different range categorys and literally nothing changed about that. Not her 100%single50%multitarget Cc on her fireball, not her guaranteed push-back and fire Cc from her Fire Blast, not her short Cc from Accelerant, not her percentuall/guaranteed Fire/knockdown Cc from her WoF.

....Cc is scaling by itself and really just the most effective way to Survive that isn't straight up invulverability or scaling defense.

22 hours ago, Andaius said:

Like it's been mentioned This was never the case for pretty much every ability and weapon in the game. Armor scaling, and it's resistance to heat is the main problem.

Covert Lethality scales in that it will always 1 shot an enemy no matter the level or HP if you do a finisher with it.

I would say the opposite. It's gutted most of her builds that deal with WoF, made WoF much to energy hungry if your NOT using the Meme build to use her other abilities. and x2 damage with only melee range with heavy drain is not useful for keeping an Ember alive in high level play.

EDIT: However she does excellent damage scaling if your talking about Weapons with heat damage in them. You can stack boosters that can make your guns do very high heat damage! Flash accelerant with 260% Str gives something like 640% add 50% to that from accellerant, another 50% if you shoot through the fire ring (thta IIRC can be stacked on top of each other to each give a 50% per ring you shoot through, this is very expensive and time comsuming to do however) So yeah your Tig that does 20K heat damage? can get like a 740% damage boost if you set it up right...

I mostly use ember for high level corpus and all faction exterminate sorties. I can explain my set up if that helps. It's not for killing level 500 grineer or anything that extreme, but it does roast most of the game's content.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:14 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

that you saw that Covert Lethality Scales? It only adds 100 damage to the weapon's attack and an extra 100 on executions.

"...Lethal Damage on finishers."  So it scales infinitely: you can kill a level 1 billion enemy in 1 hit if you stab them while they're unalerted.

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

On 4/6/2018 at 10:51 PM, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

"...Lethal Damage on finishers."  So it scales infinitely: you can kill a level 1 billion enemy in 1 hit if you stab them while they're unalerted.

It's true, with sleep arrows, an ivarah at can stay in in survival indefinitely theoretically. 

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime