Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, new players..

CupcakesMoo

Question

20 answers to this question

Farm Endo, Credits, Resources, Standings.
There's always something that will make you "this" much... closer to your goal. 
If you want us to be specific you need to ask more specific question. :satisfied:

not a "new player" by any means but I suggest farming critical "build required" mods like corrupted mods found in derelict missions and dual stat mods found in spy vaults.  If you have those things already, I'd suggest investing time in syndication standing and cetus standing.

Relics are a good bet, as you are already doing. Another goal would be to hit the sortie per day; obtain corrupted mods; drift mods; rank up Ostron and Quills rep for getting Zaws and Amps; obtain arcanes. I do find however that farming and running relics non-stop is a quick way to burn yourself out so be careful.

Just now, LazyBlissIV said:

syndicate standing.

Optional, but inevitably beneficial, when it comes to Syndicates:

Spoiler
Spoiler

-Simaris/Sanctuary (infinite, free, fast scanner, and a bunch of utility items including a chroma key Captura scene for editing out particular colours for transparent pics).
-Conclave (free starter frames, some augments, but inevitably mostly cosmetic, if you're willing to endure the dedicated Conclave combatants' perpetual victories).
Otherwise:
Even though I too am nowhere near new by this point (3k hours and counting), there are always weapons/frames to level, but now the options are closing, and soon I will have to resort to trade chat to acquire Archwing weapon parts and Syndicate armaments to climb to the current highest MR. 

As I wait for things (read: Apostasy, Ballas' sword, the frame with the Sentient Nodachi, Umbra, and content in general) to happen, I'm currently trying to:

Spoiler

1: Farm Focus, not so passively.

Spoiler

Once I realized what I wanted to do with the Focus Schools and where I put my lenses, I have found myself being forced to settle with specific armaments and to that end I wish we had the ability to uninstall all our lenses and refresh our focus pool using a certain number of Brilliant Eidolon Shards. A respec button, to be specific, maybe with a cooldown that requires, say, a week's worth of logins before it lets you do it again.

2: Fetch Somachord tones.

Spoiler

Out of pure preference I've been searching for Somachord tones. Unfortunately, as of this time of writing, there is no way to shuffle the music to play in a particular order, or to exclude particular tracks from playing. In addition (as of this moment) I am 1/2 complete on the Sentient Tombs track, which I intend to play on a perpetual loop until DE introduce the former features.

3: Occasionally hunt Teralysts.
4: Try to farm/acquire some Primes I still need to level.
5: When I feel like it, Conclave.
6 (optional): Assisting newer Tenno.

Spoiler

Anecdote: A MR7 in one of my levelling runs in one of the 'fast-lane' locations didn't know about Orokin Reactors or Catalysts. Amazing.

7: Use Captura to highlight one's current fashion style.

It was your choice to open this spoiler. Good news: I don't spoil anything. Maybe a name, but that's about it.

If you're new, make sure you hit as many of those Fieldron(3), Detonite Injector(3), Mutagen Mass(2) invasions as possible. I just realized today that, yes, I have millions of most of the regular resources, but when see my Fieldron, Detonite Injector and Mutagen Mass counts, none of them are over 50.

Buy a ton of weapon slots so that when you complete dojo weapons, you won't have to delete them. Never delete them, because you never know if or when they're going to get buffs, plus they cost forma to build! Console peeps, hit that plat sale!

Read. Reading the wiki about a specific topic you need answers on typically answer all of your questions. Stay away from game modes you are underequipped to deal with. Nothing gets me more puffed up than 3 newer players showing up to hunt Three Eidolons with a Karak (Excal), a Lenz (Mesa) and a Boar (Ember). Learn from other players, never buy Warframes or weapons, and farm spy missions. I've found that spy rewards are an easy way to earn platinum. Relics are great, but I only crack them on endless missions.

Spy missions are still kinda dumb though, I think. I stopped trying to be stealthy and just rush the rooms, kill everything before it has a chance to see me, and take down only what needs to come down. It's only when I try to get sneaky that alarms go off. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

Read. Reading the wiki about a specific topic you need answers on typically answer all of your questions. Stay away from game modes you are underequipped to deal with. Nothing gets me more puffed up than 3 newer players showing up to hunt Three Eidolons with a Karak (Excal), a Lenz (Mesa) and a Boar (Ember). Learn from other players, never buy Warframes or weapons, and farm spy missions. I've found that spy rewards are an easy way to earn platinum. Relics are great, but I only crack them on endless missions.

*Clears throat* he's right about not buying warfames. But..... There are exceptions. The top three frames I find hardest to get are mesa, equinox, and ivara. I have mesa because I bought her with a coupon. Farming for her might take months. It was worth it tho. These three frames are also some pretty great frames but they're not the best so don't feel the need to get them

1 hour ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Spy missions are still kinda dumb though, I think. I stopped trying to be stealthy and just rush the rooms, kill everything before it has a chance to see me, and take down only what needs to come down. It's only when I try to get sneaky that alarms go off. 

Loki, ivara, or Octavia. Turn invisible. Don't run into lasers. Find door. Hack. Hack again. Pretty simple. Also have to understand the tilesets. They're all pretty easy except the uranus, kuva, and lua ones. Especially the lua ones...god

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MintyFreshMike said:

Loki, ivara, or Octavia. Turn invisible. Don't run into lasers. Find door. Hack. Hack again. Pretty simple. Also have to understand the tilesets. They're all pretty easy except the uranus, kuva, and lua ones. Especially the lua ones...god

I just run in with valkyr, my dude. 

So much to do.  Unlocking nodes, doing quests, getting quest warframe parts, Ivara, leveling stuff and farming credits in dark sectors, occasionally trying to get focus lenses on the Plains, cracking relics for plat, keeping up with unvaultings and new Primes, trying different things like dragon key vaults and Lua puzzles and Conclave, doing most of the alerts that come up, syndicates and synthesis, having a really hard time with every other MR test but ultimately learning important gameplay skills in the process and feeling satisfied, selling every single Harrow Chassis I pick up...