Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove mission keys from derelict

Gandergear

Players shouldnt have to make groups to play it, espescially when youd need a group anyways to do vaults.

Let us pug it!

Also im mr25 so please dont even bother with the 0 effort 'wantz it ez' crap

Edited by Gandergear

I cant find it, but there was talk from Steve either on twitter or at some convention about eventually making derelicts just appear near planets much like kuva fortress.

Makes sense, that type of key makes no sense anymore and that would allow them to use that tile for sorties and void fissure as well.

Edited by Firetempest

51 minutes ago, (XB1)ultimategamerjr said:

I'm just going to point out that vaults require a coordinated team. Even if you could matchmake it, the chances of everybody having different keys is slim to none.

That is assuming that you are hitting up the Derelicts for vaults. Most of the time when I'm running them I'm not and I end up running them Solo because people can't join public games in the Derelicts....

Hell I ended up farming the wrong wave for Octavias Neuroptics for SIX freaking hours because of that. Because the initial patch notes incorrectly listed the Neurotics as dropping from Derelict Survival Wave B when in fact they dropped from Derelict Survival wave C. Now if anyone had been able to randomly join they undoubtedly would have asked me why I was leaving early and I would have been made aware of the mistake on DEs part but since no one could I went on for SIX HOURS just assuming that it was horrible RNG.

When it comes to running keys for vaults.... that falls on me as a player to actually go above and beyond to organize but to not be able to PUG the derelicts at all is kinda super lame. 

hace 12 minutos, Redspace0095 dijo:

Matchmaker can spot if you have specific types of weapon when it comes to mastery rank and sorties, could it not look for equipped dragon keys and group accordingly?

+1 to this

15 minutes ago, Redspace0095 said:

Matchmaker can spot if you have specific types of weapon when it comes to mastery rank and sorties, could it not look for equipped dragon keys and group accordingly?

Not sure, since they are a gear wheel item, tho I suppose that the Razorback/Fomorian missions check your gear wheel before they allow you to go on those missions. 

However that seems like it's kinda one of those things that would fragment the whole PUG scene. Cause then you have something like five subsets of possible grouping assignments. People without keys and the four groups of people with keys. Which means that it could end up being a long wait to join or have people join at all depending on how things shook out. 

For example if everyone takes one of the "easy" dragon keys no one is going to get grouped up since they all have the same key. Even tho there are theoretically a ton of people floating around the queue. Tho I suppose the easy answer there would be to take one of the bad dragon keys in which case you end up grouped nearly instantly. Tho there is no guarantee your group will fill up because a player with the third and fourth key(s) might get assigned to another group from the glut of players with the first key. 

Right now the PUG Relic Fissures work because by joining them everyone involved has essentially agreed not to care what anyone else brings.

Edited by Oreades

The dragon keys are required just for the vaults, and it's a mechanic I think is worth keeping as it makes it more attractive to actually play it co-op rather than solo. If DE can adjust the matchmaker to take dragon keys into account for making squads, then it will make Derelict less of a ball ache to farm

yeah I think removing the derelict keys for almost everything would be fine. Keep the lephanti key req, but that would just require 4 people with keys. The requirement would be similar to having ambulas beacons or arena standing for pluto and sedna respectively. Sound fair?

Edited by UncaIroh

How about you can run the missions without keys but if you have keys it will be used up and you get some bonus reward when it is done. In that way can you do public runs and you may add some extra challenge and reward if the host has a key. Maybe add 10 lvls to the enemies and/or A miniboss spawn during the mission which may drop som rare mods/relics or something.

On 12.4.2018 at 5:14 PM, Gandergear said:

Players shouldnt have to make groups to play it, espescially when youd need a group anyways to do vaults.

Let us pug it!

Also im mr25 so please dont even bother with the 0 effort 'wantz it ez' crap

+1000 to this - can't belive DE made the void open for pug's, but had forgotten to do the same for the derelict... really no reason not to, like you said, even for 100% successfull vault runs you still need either good luck or use the annoying recruit-chat to get a team together.

Wouldn't mind either way but honestly, I am always surprised by people talking about coop play being required for vault farming. I'm a solo player and I never had any problems farming vaults. Sure, you're not guaranteed to open a vault when you find it but that's not a big deal, really. Mutagen samples are not going to farm themselves so there's always a reason to run more derelict missions. With some basic knowledge of probability distributions you can, on average, open about 50% of vaults you find.