Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dislike dailies.

RoboticApplesWithLasers

I don't really play Warframe like most people, I'll stop playing for weeks-months at a time then dive in for a solid month or two where It's all I play.  I don't like daily missions.  I don't like having to come back day after day and I would prefer a more "you do you" system where everything can be focus farmed.  If I'm going to play I like to have an option to just grind at one thing for a night until I get it.  In any game I play, I don't really like daily activities, I feel like it's a system designed to control or encourage player play habits and I get driven away by subtle things like that.  I would prefer a "please come again" sign to pop up every day after I log out.  I hope that whatever comes in that replaces trials won't be daily locked and can be run multiple times on the same day for more rewards.  Sorties are my main beef with this system currently, so I think it'd be cool to have an alternative source of Rivens.  

19 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

I feel like it's a system designed to control or encourage player play habits

Because it is. Every game tries to make you play the game as much as possible, especally free 2 play ones, as a player who plays more is more likely to spend money.

19 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

I hope that whatever comes in that replaces trials won't be daily locked

Eidolons are the new trials and they are focus farmable, although I really dislike the fact, that you have to wait 100 mins after every night.

Edit: I would like to see another system of riven aquisition too and I actually made a forum post about it a while ago. It basicly proposed rivens as a reward in endless mission after 2 hours (for survival and equally hard milestones for def and intercept) , making them farmable, but not easy to aquire

Edited by Oru5732

the only daily thing that comes to my mind apart from sorties are the syndicate missions, which i stopped doing at day 2 as the normal rep farming is more than enough. 

so yeah.  you can pretty much ignore them.

As for the riven part, they will not do a way to farm them, because that would saturate the market, making the price drop, pushing less players into buying platinum, and that is what DE is doing with rivens.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of anything that is timelocked. 

The Sorties I'm sorta kinda OK with because I can do them whenever once the timer resets. Personally I have a bigger problem with things like the Eidolons and and even bigger problem with the Set Mods from bounties since the bounty rotations are even more restrictive than the Eidolon cycles. 

That said about the only daily that might hold you back if you don't participate is the Login and you don't even have to play the game, just log in and log out. 

3 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Because it is. Every game tries to make you play the game as much as possible, especally free 2 play ones, as a player who plays more is more likely to spend money.

Eidolons are the new trials and they are focus farmable, although I really dislike the fact, that you have to wait 100 mins after every night.

3 trios every 100 minutes is leagues better than 1 trial every 24 hours.

10 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

3 trios every 100 minutes is leagues better than 1 trial every 24 hours.

That is 100% correct, but has nothing to do with my point. When the Tridolon was New i didn't want to play anything else, but that meant, I couldn't play 2/3 of the time.

27 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

the only daily thing that comes to my mind apart from sorties are the syndicate missions, which i stopped doing at day 2 as the normal rep farming is more than enough. 

Well in "syndicate" you have to include Quills & Ostron, and there is focus farming itself (as opposed to focused farming)

So

• Sorties
  • Traditional Syndicates- both passive gains from sigils and missions
  • PoE Ostron/Quills standing 
  • Focus caps
  • Simaris
  • Daily login reward

21 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

That is 100% correct, but has nothing to do with my point. When the Tridolon was New i didn't want to play anything else, but that meant, I couldn't play 2/3 of the time.

To be fair, that's not a bad time gate. It's already grindy as is, it already burns people out as is. If people could just do it nonstop then the burnout would be even faster, on top of which there'd be even less reason to go back, as well as arcanes flooding out there in availability much more so than now. There are a lot of things tied to Eids that DE wants to time gate. It does need better balance in terms of focus and such, but I don't think the day/night cycles are unreasonable considering that they are supposed to be "end game".

Things like the sortie could have a backlog type affair, so if you don't do it for a day you get credited with a further option to get rewards the following day say up to a maximum of 7 or 10 times (this cap is simply to keep numbers under control when players take a long hiatus).  Though given sorties are there all the time this isn't that large an issue.

Things with a daily cap (like syndicates and focus) could simply be changed to a weekly cap rather than a daily one (obviously increased by 7 times to equate to the daily limits now).  If players want to cap out the weekly in one day that is then up to them, it then correlates to much the same 'effort' for everyone over the week.

This way if you or your clan/friends are the "weekend warrior" types, you could do your batch on as it suits you (or if you have to be away from the game due to real life).

Edited by Loswaith

People feel the need to come back and do the dailies. This "need" is an illusion. It creates an artificial sense of urgency. Ignore it. Play, have fun, appreciate that whatever you do for that day, you are contributing to your own progress.

Have a "to do list." Do half. Chat. Make friends. Didn't make cap for the day? That's ok.

Do the "dailies" you feel you need and ignore the rest.

Hit the cap for the day? Take a break. Do something else.

This is a PvE and no one really cares if you progress slower than they do, simply because there's no content from DE that requires you to have crazy powerful gear.

Edited by UncaIroh