Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Warframe Clear of the Feel of Pay to win

TopSpeed

1 minute ago, Quiet0World said:

instead of fully removing the cost of warframes and weapons slots, why not just make it cheaper

Seems pointless since you’re able to get them for free. 12 platinum and 20 platinum isn’t even that hard to get either, there perfectly fine the way they cost.

2 minutes ago, Quiet0World said:

instead of fully removing the cost of warframes and weapons slots, why not just make it cheaper

They already are very cheap. 12p for two weapon slots is 5 trash prime sold.  20 a bit more. And it's not like you need them all at once, while you progress naturally, you`ll gather enough plat by trading to fund the slots easily. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

It's not pay-to-win, it's pay-to-play all content; if that makes any sense. I hate saying this, but the whole pay for slots thing is kind of pay-to-play. The thing is: It's not forced and since we don't have to pay an upfront cost for downloading the game, I feel it's reasonable.

You can just keep using the same slot over and over, but then you'd eventually have to decide which frame you want to play for the rest of the time you play Warframe.

You can farm prime parts and trade them, like I did, and buy slots.

You can beg in region or trade chat for free plat; which seems to be a growing trend on PS4.

You can outright buy like two or three of the big plat packages and spend it all on slots, smooth sailing from there.

you miss understand my point.

why new player will need to sell his frame after he get it to 30 why want make the slots free.

there is so mutch thing cool in the game that new player will like to spend his plat on, belive me we dont need to make new player think the game is pay to win ( in a new player prospective)

you know all of this but the new player Dont !

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

They already are very cheap. 12p for two weapon slots is 5 trash prime sold.  20 a bit more. And it's not like you need them all at once, while you progress naturally, you`ll gather enough plat by trading to fund the slots easily. 

New Players have 50 plat 2 warframe slots and he left with 10 plat , witch he cant do anything with them, new players dont know, what you know remaber that, not all players looking in wiki , and external source. 

1 minute ago, TopSpeed said:

i like the game i buy 4 prime access to support it , the point is that weapon slot and warframe slot make the game for new player feel like pay to win and we loosing this players .

No. inventory space costs data and resources, specially in a game with so many items like Warframe. Warframe is a game that incentives its playerbase to purchase platinum, with discounts or not, there's always more than enough platinum circulating in the market for players to be able to farm the game to get what they need by playing the game. Warframe is completely F2P, and they have to keep earning money that many people gladly spend because they offer discounts, injecting thousands of plat in the game by people who can afford buying 10-15$ every couple of weeks and not affect their wallet. The game gives you free starter platinum, never seen a game do that with premium currency.

The problem with Warframe's currency is, unlike every other mmo with premium currency, it's different here. You don't have the standard in-game currency plus the cash-purchased currency being the special one. Credits are just like any other resource you'd farm indivudually, and platinum would be the common in-game currency that you can easily obtain from the get go with the new relic system. Most new players have the "IG currency > premium currency" mentality because every other MMO does it and they're used to think like that, that's something Warframe has to work on, to make early game more clear for newbies.

I personally got everything in the game so far that is farmable, except login weapons, and I'm not able to spend money in games. Warframe has the best F2P model in the game market right now, I've never seen a game that allowed me to have everything the game had to offer by simply playing the game.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

youre right but new players doesnt have any idea how trading works so it would take a while for them to get the plat that they need

Just now, SergeantSunshine said:

So why not make it more apparent to the player instead of just removing the costs?

Pretty much this.

If DE wants to undo the alleged overwhelming prospect new players experience, just... explain how it works off-the-bat. That is, pop a message for new players laying out how to freely earn platinum so they could buy new slots. Done job.

Just now, TopSpeed said:

you miss understand my point.

why new player will need to sell his frame after he get it to 30 why want make the slots free.

there is so mutch thing cool in the game that new player will like to spend his plat on, belive me we dont need to make new player think the game is pay to win ( in a new player prospective)

you know all of this but the new player Dont !

I understand, but what more can DE do? They'll go broke without having something concrete and definite that players will have to spend money on. They already give away potatoes, for which I'm grateful, like candy. 10 and 20p are so easy to earn in trade chat.

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Seems pointless since you’re able to get them for free. 12 platinum and 20 platinum isn’t even that hard to get either, there perfectly fine the way they cost.

sure its easy to get plat but new players doesnt even know how to get plat

5 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

New Players have 50 plat 2 warframe slots and he left with 10 plat , witch he cant do anything with them, new players dont know, what you know remaber that, not all players looking in wiki , and external source. 

By the time a player can even build a warframe, Rhino, they already must have multiple planets unlocked, meaning that they  should already possess the knowledge on how things are going.  IIRC in order to build Rhino you need to travel up to Saturn, which takes quite a while for an inexeperienced player, it's much better for a new one to learn the ropes with the starter equipment  than to branch in n number of frames or weapons.

Edited by aligatorno

1 hour ago, Kiwinille said:

No. inventory space costs data and resources, specially in a game with so many items like Warframe. Warframe is a game that incentives its playerbase to purchase platinum, with discounts or not, there's always more than enough platinum circulating in the market for players to be able to farm the game to get what they need by playing the game. Warframe is completely F2P, and they have to keep earning money that many people gladly spend because they offer discounts, injecting thousands of plat in the game by people who can afford buying 10-15$ every couple of weeks and not affect their wallet. The game gives you free starter platinum, never seen a game do that with premium currency.

The problem with Warframe's currency is, unlike every other mmo with premium currency, it's different here. You don't have the standard in-game currency plus the cash-purchased currency being the special one. Credits are just like any other resource you'd farm indivudually, and platinum would be the common in-game currency that you can easily obtain from the get go with the new relic system. Most new players have the "IG currency > premium currency" mentality because every other MMO does it and they're used to think like that, that's something Warframe has to work on, to make early game more clear for newbies.

I personally got everything in the game so far that is farmable, except login weapons, and I'm not able to spend money in games. Warframe has the best F2P model in the game market right now, I've never seen a game that allowed me to have everything the game had to offer by simply playing the game.

100% true the Best F2P game, but just remove the cost of slots and this game will be more friendly for new players.

Just now, Quiet0World said:

sure its easy to get plat but new players doesnt even know how to get plat

That’s true, and that’s DE’s fault for not explaining that to newer players. We don’t need to reduce the platinum cost, we need more tutorials on explaining how to get certain things, such as platinum. 

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

By the time a player can even build a warframe, Rhino, they already must have multiple planets unlocked, meaning that they need should already possess the knowledge on how things are going.  IIRC in order to build Rhino you need to travel up to Saturn, which takes quite a while for an inexeperienced player, it's much better for a new one to learn the ropes with the starter equipment  than to branch in n number of frames or weapons.

Lets Agree to disagree,

New Players Need to have able to buy slots for in-game credits and not Plat.

Will help the Player Base Grow.

1 minute ago, TopSpeed said:

100% true the Best F2P game, but just remove the cost of slots and this game will be more friendly for new players.

The game needs a constant stream of income, specially for evergrowing resource costs with every item added to the game, and fashion is not enough. The game incentives players to keep buying plat really cheap because you need plat for expanding everything, but really low amounts that are easily obtained.

I think a lot of you all are missing the point. It does not matter to that new player that we know that Warframe is not P2W, all they know is what they know. Your perception of truth is the only truth you ever know. Saying "but it is not P2W though" is completely irrelevant, all that matters with respect to the point of the OP is the impression given.

So, if a system in Warframe turns players away because they think it is P2W, it does need a look into. Maybe even just making how it works more clear on what is going on. You could have the most fair payment model in the world but if players initially perceive it as predatory, they will never play long enough to learn that their first impressions were false.

So either the way the system is presented needs to change or the systems itself needs to change (or a combination of both). I am definitely of the camp that there should be more starter slots as two slots was balanced around there only being seven total frames in the game. Then give a Warframe and some weapon slots after the first MR test.

Just now, TopSpeed said:

Lets Agree to disagree,

This is not a bad idea, but we have to sacrifice something so that they can continue keep the game F2P. Either we give up free potatoes or Baro can no longer sell boosters?

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

That’s true, and that’s DE’s fault for not explaining that to newer players. We don’t need to reduce the platinum cost, we need more tutorials on explaining how to get certain things, such as platinum. 

Exactly this. We need to explain to new players that you are not at all required to actually buy platinum, and that it could be traded. We need more information for new players so they don't get thrown off by all the items costing platinum, and that they can be obtained through farming and a bit of time. In a recent reddit post, several MR8 players trying to do the MR challenges did not even know they could bullet jump, or what it was. We don't need to remove platinum costs to avoid deterring new players, we just need to explain it to them better

2 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

Lets Agree to disagree,

It will also hurt DE's pockets rather badly. We are talking about thousands of plat lost per player. The player base is good as it is, if a slot is what keeps people away then they shouldn't even want to play online games. Every game that I've played made me pay for characters slots and they do just fine. 

@TopSpeed None of this is going to happen.

Also I wouldn't say speaking for "new players" is a good idea. I'm a new player and I jumped right in. I've even bought a founder's share of platinum and I trade for what ever I need. The only confusing thing is what things actually cost. But I can mitigate this by just keeping trades around 100p until I can figure out how to actually price things. It's not much to me (having a job helps). 

Also spending money on warframe is less money to spend on crown royal.

1 hour ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

This is not a bad idea, but we have to sacrifice something so that they can continue keep the game F2P. Either we give up free potatoes or Baro can no longer sell boosters?

we dont need to "sacrifice " any thing , the Game have so many good thing we spend PLAT on, they will benefit out of this buy having more players Playing , will end in more players will wish to look Cool and spend plat.

just like all of us , the end game is how cool you look.

:cool:

1 minute ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Exactly this. We need to explain to new players that you are not at all required to actually buy platinum, and that it could be traded. We need more information for new players so they don't get thrown off by all the items costing platinum, and that they can be obtained through farming and a bit of time. In a recent reddit post, several MR8 players trying to do the MR challenges did not even know they could bullet jump, or what it was. We don't need to remove platinum costs to avoid deterring new players, we just need to explain it to them better

Yep, same reason why newer players think Warframe is pay-to-win, it’s because there are not enough tutorials in the game to explain that Warframe is free game, that’s all we need, more tutorials.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArsArcanumPS said:

So basically, @TopSpeed, You thought

This youtuber believes this so I should believe it too!

without actually paying attention to the fact that you can get as much plat as you want for FREE.

buy trading !

to Start Trading you need extensive knowledge of the Game and part that do sell, for you to get there you need to advanced in this game.

if you a new player with no freinds you will dont know all of this and you can loose intrestet of the game and leave like alot of players do.

this is not the only issue this game have, but surly it easly fixed