Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Warframe Clear of the Feel of Pay to win

TopSpeed

4 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

we dont need to "sacrifice " any thing , the Game have so many good thing we spend PLAT on, they will benefit out of this buy having more players Playing , will end in more players will wish to look Cool and spend plat.

just like all of us , the end game is how cool you look.

:cool:

I hope you are right. I remember when I first started, I didn't have a dime to my name to spend on slots, so I learned how to trade pretty quick. I almost gave up, but was lucky enough to run into two very experienced players.

Funny how almost everyone misses the point! 

OP never said that Warframe is p2w, but that it might look like that to new players, which is true.

It just happened to a friend of me who got into warframe a few weeks ago and if I wouldn't have told him how he can earn platinum by playing, he would have stopped playing, simply because it "seems" Pay2Win/Pay2Progress.

A simple fix for that would be either an info box that appears when you open the market for the first time, which tells you everything about trading and how platinum works.

Just now, Kyoresh said:

OP never said that Warframe is p2w, but that it might look like that to new players, which is true.

It just happened to a friend of me who got into warframe a few weeks ago and if I wouldn't have told him how he can earn platinum by playing, he would have stopped playing, simply because it "seems" Pay2Win/Pay2Progress.

A simple fix for that would be either an info box that appears when you open the market for the first time, which tells you everything about trading and how platinum works.

Missing the point seems to be a popular pastime in these parts. 

How about just letting us buy blueprints for potatoes? maybe with syndicate rep? because lets face it newer players aren't going to NEED them until they have found their feet with weapons and learned why they need them

Slots should come with the warframe blueprint tbh... they come with the platinum bought ones, if we have spent the time to grind mats for them as part of building the frame give us a slot for it too....Cannot stress that enough for frames like vauban and zephyr the sheer amount of nitain for booben prime you should get two fecking slots for building it.

A good suggestion would be for someone to come up with a simple guide on how plat works, on acquisition, usage, etc and have DE link it as a tutorial in the early parts of the game. 

The game needs an overhaul on new player experience overall, and it's not just the plat system.

11 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

That still doesn't make OP right however. We are talking about cutting a significant revenue stream based on purely anecdotal evidence without any cold hard facts to speak of. 

Do you think the financial analysts working at DE know less or worse than a random player on the forum about what would bring people in? Saying removing slots will increase player count and increase plat revenue for everything else can be very well true, but the chances of that happening are probably closer to 0. 

Let's put it like this. If a player can't spend 12 or 20 play for slots, how can he spend hundreds on cosmetics? Will he suddenly learn how to trade plat, or will he suddenly be so charmed by the game that he will start buying platinum to buy the more expensive cosmetics?

In warframe we are not talking about randomly generated weapons, we have only predetermined one and limited in number, so it can be kinda useless to compare it other games where loot is generally randomly generated.

What the game needs is, as stated by others, a new player experience revamp with better tutorial and explaining, not removal of an important and steady stream of revenue.

1 hour ago, TopSpeed said:

Hi Every one and DE

Im A founder and i played this game about 4 years now.

i know this game, and im speaking from experience' belive me.

(i know you can trade plat)

(warframe is not realy Pay-To-Win it 100% not !)

but new players start the game and dont know the game at all, warframe slots is somthing that make new player think this is a pay to win game.

make the game more freindly to new players.

please disable the cost of PLATfor Warframe slot and weapon.

for new players perspective it look like pay to win.

i know this post has open a few time ! i just wish that that DE will do it.

look at this video : 

100 % true !!!!

This is once of the few ways that DE makes money in the free market economy

The platinum spent on slots goes to DE, and not to other players

People, buy plat for money, and circulate new currency

People trade plat as part of the free market

People spend plat on slots and in the store, giving old currency a chance to expire

This is simple economics, if you take away an opportunity for currency to leave the economy, while more currency keeps entering the economy

You get

Rampant INFLATION

Edited by boysenbeary

I've personally never felt like WF was pay2win. Even when I purchased weapons or frames directly I never thought I had acquired any special power relative to any other player.

Slots allow us to have more frames and weapons in our arsenal which is great, as a collector I don't throw away anything. Plat being easy to get makes the low cost of the actual needed items very simple to earn. 

With that said, new player understanding of the system is important and there's no reason for not having a clear tutorial or guide available in game to explain details like this to players so they can interact better. I find it annoying personally to have to go outside of game to find videos, tutorials or guides on how to play the game...this information should be available in the codex, as well as a clear guide on things like Parkour, Melee combat, I small tutorial on how to execute and perform combos and various parkour maneuvers that can be used effectively in combat. The more players understand the mechanics of the systems of the game the longer they will play.

58 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

to Start Trading you need extensive knowledge of the Game and part that do sell, for you to get there you need to advanced in this game.

Except you don't, you have a item and a trade channel and you maybe watch what other things are selling at and go from there. Pick up a bit of plat here and there and you can get a lot of things, it will just take time

47 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Are founders not allowed to have different opinions than yours?

They became founders for a reason. From players asking to take ways for DE to earn money away, you'd at least expect founders to understand how it works, for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, TopSpeed said:

buy trading !

to Start Trading you need extensive knowledge of the Game and part that do sell, for you to get there you need to advanced in this game.

if you a new player with no freinds you will dont know all of this and you can loose intrestet of the game and leave like alot of players do.

this is not the only issue this game have, but surly it easly fixed

Or be really good at bullsh*ting people like I am...

Also, I came into the game solo, now Im MR 15 and still going.

You also aren't addressing what I said about how you just blindly listened to a youtuber on his standpoint, and believed it as fact...

Edited by (PS4)ArsArcanumPS

What OP seems to forget is that the game doesn't really end when your Plat hits zero. There's always a chance for the new player to discover how trading works and in a matter of days (or in my case hours #humblebrag) will quickly exceed the simple 50 plat they start with and become a veteran trainer. 

Source: Me, who started the game 4 years ago and spent all 50 plat on rushing items and warframes. 

@OP
Sorry, but there needs to be some way for DE to make money in this game.  Whenever DE talks about the cost of the slots they bring up the simple fact that slots are still one of their bigger money makers in game.
And you want them to get rid of slots and replace them with what?
How is DE going to make up for the lost income?

Slots make money because nearly everyone buys them because everyone needs them.
What would you replace slots with that nearly everyone will buy?
If you can't offer a replacement for DE then this argument is a no-go from the start.

And please don't say "B-b-but cosmetics will make up all of the lost profit!!!!!" when that is not true in the least bit.
There are tons of players that don't buy any cosmetics because they don't see a point in them.
There are tons of players that honestly don't care at all about cosmetics or how their frames look.
Pure cosmetics won't come even close to making up for the lost profit from slot sales.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Make Warframe clear of the "feel" of Pay to Win? Very easy, pay DE 60 bucks and convince every other player to do so and they wouldn't need to do any of the F2P things, or use that 60 bucks to buy tons of slots.

This game is entirely available to someone paying 0 dollars. There has to be an incentive to buy things.

The real problem is not the cost for the slots. It is lack of information for new players. But at the same time overwhelming new players with so much information can also turn new players away as well.

But maybe a simple trading tutorial quest can help these new players. Like after getting the Void Relic segment, you get a fissure tutorial quest and the game would give you a free just for quest relic to be opened in this quest. Like for example you only get a prime Ascaris in it for the sake of teaching you how to open a Void relic and it prompt ordis to say that this item is useless for you but maybe someone else would like to have it for reasons. Then ordis or lotus would teach you about trading system. You get like a short tutorial quest where you go in a pseudo dojo and a NPC player to buy off the prime ascaris off you with plat. Then ordis would tell you how wonderful platinum does and let's you buy a lot of stuff like WF and weapon slots and cosmetics as well. Since initially new players get 50 plat by default. They could just give them 40 and get the other 10 from completing the trading quest. At least this give new players an idea that plat can be earned by trading with other players.

Honestly, I agree with the OP. There's enough desirable content in the game now that needs plat to be acquired (cosmetics and such) that I think we can do away with plat-paid slots. Make them a semi-rare blueprint to keep them valuable or something.

After all, DE removed the cost for self-revives due to it being new-player-unfriendly, so I feel that there's at least some precedent there. For those that are unaware, you used to get only 4 revives per frame per day, and had to pay 3 plat per revive to replenish them. This meant a new player (who would logically be the one burning through them the quickest) would have an extremely limited supply, while a veteran with a large number of frames would generally have more than they knew what to do with, and they'd generally only lose them in the highest-levels of content.

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Honestly, I agree with the OP. There's enough desirable content in the game now that needs plat to be acquired (cosmetics and such) that I think we can do away with plat-paid slots. Make them a semi-rare blueprint to keep them valuable or something.

After all, DE removed the cost for self-revives due to it being new-player-unfriendly, so I feel that there's at least some precedent there. For those that are unaware, you used to get only 4 revives per frame per day, and had to pay 3 plat per revive to replenish them. This meant a new player (who would logically be the one burning through them the quickest) would have an extremely limited supply, while a veteran with a large number of frames would generally have more than they knew what to do with, and they'd generally only lose them in the highest-levels of content.

The problem was that the only people who needed to pay for revives were the players who didn't have the resources to pay for revives, while the players who had tons of plat never needed to pay for revives. Warframe and weapon slots are not the same, everyone needs them. How you obtain the platinum is up to you, the slots, reactors and catalysts are all VERY cheap and the game as a whole is EXTREMELY cheap to play, completely free if you simply choose not to spend money and sell items for plat instead. There is absolutely no reason to take away the already miniscule price of Warframe and weapon slots, and Reactors and Catalysts can be obtained as blueprints from missions.

And to the OP, Warframe is growing so it certainly is not scaring new players away. Just because a Youtuber made a video about something that doesn't mean it's true.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, aligatorno said:

By the time a player can even build a warframe, Rhino, they already must have multiple planets unlocked, meaning that they  should already possess the knowledge on how things are going.  IIRC in order to build Rhino you need to travel up to Saturn, which takes quite a while for an inexeperienced player, it's much better for a new one to learn the ropes with the starter equipment  than to branch in n number of frames or weapons.

Lol. Really? Because I was building my first Warframe on my 2nd day playing...which was Valkyr by the way on Jupiter...and I only got there because I didn't quite know how to leave the group I was in that went farming for her. 

I had NO idea what I was doing or how to trade or what was worth something.  

Edited by (PS4)BOSS_TPH76

On 4/13/2018 at 11:28 AM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Warframe isn't pay-to-win. In fact, it might be the purest form of Free-to-play available, since you can get everything for free.

Well apart from cosmetics, but even then some of those are free as well.

They got to make a profit somewhere. 

34 minutes ago, Get_Singed said:

The problem was that the only people who needed to pay for revives were the players who didn't have the resources to pay for revives, while the players who had tons of plat never needed to pay for revives. Warframe and weapon slots are not the same, everyone needs them. How you obtain the platinum is up to you, the slots, reactors and catalysts are all VERY cheap and the game as a whole is EXTREMELY cheap to play, completely free if you simply choose not to spend money and sell items for plat instead. There is absolutely no reason to take away the already miniscule price of Warframe and weapon slots, and Reactors and Catalysts can be obtained as blueprints from missions.

And to the OP, Warframe is growing so it certainly is not scaring new players away. Just because a Youtuber made a video about something that doesn't mean it's true.

Confirmation bias.

Warframe is growing but this says absolutely nothing about the amount of people who drop off in the first few hours or who do not even start because they heard about the slot prices. 

Slots are not cheap. Trade is not that easy. That is just your opinion. And I certainly do not share that opinion.