Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Warframe Clear of the Feel of Pay to win

TopSpeed

Hi Every one and DE

Im A founder and i played this game about 4 years now.

i know this game, and im speaking from experience' belive me.

(i know you can trade plat)

(warframe is not realy Pay-To-Win it 100% not !)

but new players start the game and dont know the game at all, warframe slots is somthing that make new player think this is a pay to win game.

make the game more freindly to new players.

please disable the cost of PLATfor Warframe slot and weapon.

for new players perspective it look like pay to win.

i know this post has open a few time ! i just wish that that DE will do it.

look at this video : 

100 % true !!!!

Edited by TopSpeed
miss understood

You don't need any mastery rank to start farming prime parts, just invest your time in some starter gear. Farm, trade for plats and then you can start buying slots and upgrading a lot of weapons to increase you mastery

WF is pay to accelerate, and mostly pay to fashion. But nothing is pay2win. Since you could win with Excal and MK1 Braton :clem:

How are slots pay to win? Explain this to me. What sort of overwhelmingly huge advantage to you have by buying plat to purchase those slots? 

Your idea of pay to win is just overall wrong if you think Warframe has ANY form of pay to win.

Warframe has traps to waste plat, like mod bundles, but no form of pay to win at all.

The thing i dislike more then the slots are orokin reactors and catalysts.

How about we make every Item have 60 levels but half the xp required to level up.

then potatos would be obsolete and we could give away warframe and weapon slots in alerts.

In my opinion there is enough other stuff to pay money for, like cosmetics (including tennogen and primes), boosters, rushing buildtimes and forma.

Considering you're a founder I would have expected you to understand this.  The reason slots cost money is nothing to do with DE wanting profit.  

Slots increase save file size on their servers, which is an expense on their end.  It's the same reason there's slots for rivens and stuff.  Not only do they have to save the frame in your inventory, they also have to save 3 loadouts for it - 3 appearance sets for it as well.  It adds up. 

New players also get what... 50p or something to get started?  They can buy a few slots with that... Then there's promo codes like FREESWORD you can redeem, sell the ehat sword and get a free slot.  Event weapons etc.  

Warframe and Weapon slots hardly cost anything. Its pretty easy to get 20 or 12 plat for either slot type.

The only thing i see wrong currently is that the game do not do a proper job of informing players that trading for plat is a big thing in Warframe.

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Warframe isn't pay-to-win. In fact, it might be the purest form of Free-to-play available, since you can get everything for free.

i know it is not , but to make it more feel like not pay to win for started player i think they need to remove Warframe slot and weapon cost

1 hour ago, Kiwinille said:

Serious question though, how are you a founder and making a thread like this? lol.

i like the game i buy 4 prime access to support it , the point is that weapon slot and warframe slot make the game for new player feel like pay to win and we loosing this players .

1 hour ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

You do know that platinum can be traded, right?

Mods, Prime items, appearance items, arcanes and more can all be traded for platinum.

i know im a founder just like you , look potato vid he expline it batter then me

It's not pay-to-win, it's pay-to-play all content; if that makes any sense. I hate saying this, but the whole pay for slots thing is kind of pay-to-play. The thing is: It's not forced and since we don't have to pay an upfront cost for downloading the game, I feel it's reasonable.

You can just keep using the same slot over and over, but then you'd eventually have to decide which frame you want to play for the rest of the time you play Warframe.

You can farm prime parts and trade them, like I did, and buy slots.

You can beg in region or trade chat for free plat; which seems to be a growing trend on PS4.

You can outright buy like two or three of the big plat packages and spend it all on slots, smooth sailing from there.

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Warframe isn't pay-to-win. In fact, it might be the purest form of Free-to-play available, since you can get everything for free.

not weapon slot and warframe slots .....

DE get support for cosmetics they dont need the plat for weapons slots and warframe slots.

8 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

i know im a founder just like you , look potato vid he expline it batter then me

Yea, but then he also pointed out:

Spoiler

...that it's not P2W. Which is true.

Edited by Kuez