The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

26 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I was hoping for quest giving all warframe parts again, but sadly they put her into Sanctuary Onslaught

The problem with quests is that they are usually a one-time reward. I sold Limbo for a slot but now that I have plat, I want him again. I'd rather not spend 200+ plat if I could just play the Limbo Theorem again. I would agree that quests make it a little more meaningful but the flexibility of mission rewards is very convenient in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Xylyssa said:

She used to be so cool with the unique ability to change damage types and now she is just Harrow with a Kavat? Also what happened to her Exalted Whip? What is with the super lame dome explosion? I was insanely hyped for this frame until you showed her off today and now I am sorely disappointed.

Thanks DE.

Exactly the same, been saving plat for her but tbh I've lost a lot of interest. Her 1-3 are fine but her 4 is boring (visually and game play). Also why have her 4 if you've got her 2 and vise versa. 

She is just a Harrow (in a dome aoe instead) with a cat now. It's the same chain vfx too. Just feels lazy.

57 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

The reason Exalted whip is getting removed IS the attention whips get in Warframe. Particulary Memeing strike +prime range + riven mods + range.

The last thing this game needs is a spin attack exalted whip.

The only reason why whips go well with Maiming Strike is because they have good reach. What if they gave an exalted whip a very good stance while also limiting its attack range when it is spin attacking? I was really looking forward to whipping large groups with a few quick lashes, and although Khora's 1 kiiiiinda does that, it's an AoE and doesn't have as spectacular an attack speed as a stance combo.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i guess thats what happens when you have to scrap a frame and start from scratch, while rushing it out

Won't see me get hyped for anything Warframe ever again after this. Definitely learned my lesson.

I wonder where exactly they want to fit her role wise.So far ,just like Gara, she's very bland.  She doesn't seem to be DPS material, unless her 1 has mad scaling like Atlas's. Her 2 is nice, but it seems to work kinda slow and it might be unreliable. Her 3 seems to be her main ability, but as is AI based, it will most likely be unpredictable and unreliable as well. What if she won't heal you when necessary, or won't attack the intended target?  

For her 4 I can't say anything because I can't understand what it does exactly since it was broken in the dev build. Is it a CC ability? a damage ability? a defensive ability? 

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I wonder where exactly they want to fit her role wise.So far ,just like Gara, she's very bland.  She doesn't seem to be DPS material, unless her 1 has mad scaling like Atlas's. Her 2 is nice, but it seems to work kinda slow and it might be unreliable. Her 3 seems to be her main ability, but as is AI based, it will most likely be unpredictable and unreliable as well. What if she won't heal you when necessary, or won't attack the intended target?  

For her 4 I can't say anything because I can't understand what it does exactly since it was broken in the dev build. Is it a CC ability? a damage ability? a defensive ability? 

She seems like a frankenstein of reskinned abilities. Someone will like her though.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

She seems like a frankenstein of reskinned abilities. Someone will like her though.

I personally will give her a fair shot ,to see what she can actually do. Maybe they'll polish her more until next week [if they will get to release her next week that is]. She seemed functional enough, but I`m kinda worried about her survivability. 

I think that the open areas just take too much of their time to be able to develop the frames properly. After Nidus, Octavia and Harrow, it's sad to see such plain frames like Gara and now Khora.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Whyd it have to change?

Khora's original kit was built around Damage 2.5, DE's proposed changes to the entire damage system. The community (rightfully) expressed great displeasure at damage 2.5, so DE dropped it entirely, leaving Khora with no kit at all. They couldn't not release Khora at that point, so they had to make her a new kit out of nothing; perhaps a bit rushed under community pressure to release Khora nownownow.

Honestly DE can keep the rest of her kit as is, but I would really prefer they go back to exalted whip because I really didn't want to play Khora as a CC/support frame :/  People were saying that her new Kit will synergize well with other frames....Um, I don't understand, more CC over CC? Just take Limbo and be done with it, or Vauban....I just can't see any reason to be excited for Khora now, like my original statement...mastery fodder :/

Edited by Knight_Ex

We, as a community, killed Khora's unique damage mechanics. DE wanted to change IPS with damage 2.5. Then we all freaked out and was like "noooo, that's horrible, please don't do that" and DE gave up on the idea (at least for now). Then they realized that allowing someone to swap between damage type in its current system is pointless, because everyone would always just use slash, so you might as well not implement the mechanic and just make it slash to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Xylyssa said:

Why couldn't they just plug her old kit into the current damage system.

My guess: the current damage system is incredibly unbalanced. Slash procs are incredibly powerful always. Impact procs are meh, but kind of useful sometimes. Puncture procs are like "wait, puncture actually has a status effect?". Khora's ability to switch between different types would be totally wasted, because any half serious player would just stay in slash mode always because it would be objectively better than the other two.

1 hour ago, sh00chu said:

This may come off as rude, but does anyone even listen to anything they say during the devstreams, or are that many people just super selective in what they pay attention to? Scott very clearly said that there will be NO 2.5, and a 3.0 isn't even a 'when', but an 'if'. Also, I personally prefer the way the new abilities look vs. the original designs as I'm really not a fan of the whole switching mechanic a la Ivara and Vauban, but I seem to be in the minority on that.

I'm with you. 

23 minutes ago, Knowmad762 said:

My guess: the current damage system is incredibly unbalanced. Slash procs are incredibly powerful always. Impact procs are meh, but kind of useful sometimes. Puncture procs are like "wait, puncture actually has a status effect?". Khora's ability to switch between different types would be totally wasted, because any half serious player would just stay in slash mode always because it would be objectively better than the other two.

Well yea, but she would see use. Back when they first said they would push her back I said just that. People will just use slash, but they will use her. Later when the other damage types are more worthwhile, then it makes her more useful. 

As it is, we get a 2nd kind of redundant seeming CC, and just have to wait for a rework sometime down the line. 

3 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You mean slide attack spam? Yes, truly a whole new playstyle to learn.

Im sorry, but are you serious with that?

Are you serious with that argument?

Is titania, is excalibur, is mesa, is wukong or is ivara a slide attack spam?

Did I not mention that the whip could and SHOULD have special attacks instead of being the normal type of whip? With excalibur we got a sword but it shoots energy waves. With ivara we got a bow that shoots multiple arrows. Perhaps with khora we could have gotten long-ranged attacks whips. Imagine catwoman from the batman arkham series where she uses her whip to hit enemies from affar. Not through slide attacks, but standing still.

Not everything made has to be "op". And if the slide attacks would be a problem, they could just reduce the range or make it a whole new slide attack or effect. So, in other words: I don't get your argument, are you trully being serious?

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Weapon-free with different weapons that scale on your equipped weapons. "New" playstyle of using your melee key? I don't feel like I'm doing something particularly different when I pop Hysteria and mash melee against my enemies.

Titania is the only really different one and it is a slight variation on an existing mechanic.

Excuse me, what?

Excalibur, valkyr and wukong are melee exalted frames. They are meant to spam melee attacks:

Wukong has a special staff that increasses in range and has special combos.

Excalibur has long-ranged energy wave attacks.

Valkyr has immortality and claws attacks with special attacks.

Ivara, mesa and titania are ranged exalted frames, they are meant to kill enemies from affar:

Titania with her razorwing and dex pixia dual guns to shred the enemies

Ivara with her multiple-arrow shot bow

Mesa with her peacemaker (althought yes, this one doesn't particularly require "aim").

The typical warframe experience is using shotguns, a 1-arrow bow, normal pistols, typical melee weapons or even a mix of these all. Exalted warframes are special. A multiple-arrow bow, energy wave blades, archwing in normal missions, a giant staff, rage-claws with immortality, a freaking cowboy.

If you wanna experience a true exalted warframe, instead of complaining that valkyr is about using her 4th and spamming melee, go give titania, ivara or excalibur a try. Hell, even mesa. Exalted skills are also known as INTERACTABLE, as in you toggle them on and you can choose WHAT to do with them. They are unique, and to my own subjective opinion, one of the best types of skills in the game.

But I can't change your mind, you believe what you want to believe. I still believe that removing the exalted whip from khora was a mistake.

Edited by devildevil21

I seen todays devstream, good devstream I'd say just disliked 2 things (spoiler 1 of them is just not sitting right with me).

Those peculiar mods kind of sound wasteful unless they give them there own exclusive spot, kind of like arcane's now.Just wonder if someone actually exploit one of these mods in the future.

Now the other thing that just feels uncomfortable to me in my opinion is her 4th ability. Not only it looks like harrows chains but it sounds like hallowed ground ( Oberon's 2nd ability) and vortex (Vauban's 4th ability) mixed together.I think exalted whip would be much better in my opinion and if you take in account that Khora 2nd ability can possibly do exactly what Khora 4th ability could do. My reason for requesting exalted whip or a exalted weapon for her mainly because I love exalted weapons and they bring more diversity to my gameplay. But yea thank you for reading all this still loving warframe and this community. 

Again this is just my opinion

19 minutes ago, Arachnaas said:

Well yea, but she would see use. Back when they first said they would push her back I said just that. People will just use slash, but they will use her. Later when the other damage types are more worthwhile, then it makes her more useful. 

As it is, we get a 2nd kind of redundant seeming CC, and just have to wait for a rework sometime down the line. 

I'm pretty sure this Khora will see use, just a matter of how much. Like I said, DE was put in a tough spot with Khora: they had to choose between two bad outcomes.

I'm sure some people will complain about her new kit. Just like I'm sure people would have complained about keeping her old kit with the current damage system, as then she would basically have 1/3 of a full kit. Yes, future changes to the damage system might make her impact and puncture variants useful, but who knows how long that will take. Damage 3.0 has such huge implications on the entire game, I could see them holding it off for a very long time indeed.

Her power 2 is more like harrows power 1, but yeah I see what you mean. her 4 looked...awkward to use, I saw it go up but it did like...nothing? I think they should have just left her with the exalted whip. IMO They should have just left her as she was and released her without damage 2.5 instead of reworking her.