Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum should be WF passive

Godmode_Ash

Vacuum should have been a warframe passive skill so players can use whichever companion combination they prefer without being restrict to use vacuum.

Without vacuum I would spend more time trying to pick up items then fighting enemies. The gameplay become so sluggish without vacuum that I have to constantly seeking out health/energy/ammo just so I can continue fighting. On top of that if I get unlucky to join a host with terrible connection, the looting become even more painful. I have to walk on exactly top of item location to make pick-up register. Then imaging do all that in an average game where 300-400 items drop, and more than 10 games per day. This looting simulator gameplay has became very painful!!

Pretty much vacuum is mandatory for all players who farms. Why not make it warframe passive so people can actually enjoy farming?

At what point are you actively running around to collect tiny bits of resources? Certainly not past MR15, nor would you bother doing so on a mission that you want to speed-farm like all mission at this point (except maybe fissure defense or capture due to buggy drops).

You can choose whether you want ammo efficiency and vacuum (carrier) or a kavat that gives you godlike crit buffs, but never will you get both. It's sad that a founder is whining about the game being too hard and slow when in reality it's extraneous babysitting that all of you that wish vacuum was 10m passive are yearning for. Host connection is a pain in the arse, yes, but that's also due to DE not having a good setup for peer-to-peer connections due to choosing the garbage that is host-client. Even if the lag is more than 200ms, you'll still get your stuff, just slightly slower.

This is simply the whining of the brain-dead part of the community that wants everything for doing nothing. DE's already made things like void reactants and life support drops vaccum-able; what else do you want? Next thing I'll see is a post from one of you saying "I want free prime parts, waaah".

Suck it up and play the game. Vacuum has never been necessary unless you're running a high energy-cost frame and need your sentinel to suck up energy orbs to proc energize. Enough babysitting.

It is a warframe passive, for Mag.

Seriously though, there is a small vacuum on all warframes, but only a small one. 
I actually don't use Vacuum all that much as I tend to bring my kavat along and I still don't have much issue with looting.  I remember the days when Vacuum wasn't even an option...  Back when I had my Dethcube covering my back...   Most resources that I'm low on are ones you don't pick up anyway such as Eidolon gems and Cryotic (I don't do Excavation much, it's my own fault).

@DarkFlameZealot

I like how you are assume I am lazy and don't know how to play the game, just because I suggest an additional feature to make the game life much easier. Fyi I quit game 4 years ago at mr13, came back 4 month ago grind all the way to mr24. I am probably more hardcore than most average players, which is also a sad thing to admit that I have no life. But I am definitely far from lazy or inefficiency at game.

Also adding vacuum to WF passive is no where near as asking free hangout like "I want free prime parts." I am not sure how your sarcastic brain can relate it that way.

I would love this, it would be a great quality of life thing. I don't really see it a being lazy, rather walking over to drops is pretty boring. Also sometimes drops get stuck in walls and that type of stuff. I'm MR 21 but there are definitely still drops I need (orokin cells, gallium, mods, etc...) and it would suck losing it on them just because I decided to bring a kubrow instead of a sentinel, which is why I always bring a sentinel. I just honestly don't see why people are so against adding it, any harm done by it would have already been done by the sentinels that I see the majority of players bring and I haven't seen any adverse effects from that personally. 

My own idea for Vacuum and reducing the need for it would be to make more pick ups work like credits do (this'll also reduce the issues of items getting stuck in weird places for some players).  Credits are picked up by one person (and can be vacuumed) but immediately added to all players' loot.  Why not apply that to all loot that is used post-mission?  All resources dropped should be granted to all players on pick up by a single player, just like credits. This way loot farming groups only need one player with a vacuum equipped sentinel.  Items that are used during the mission such as energy, health and ammo would continue to work as they currently do.

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

My own idea for Vacuum and reducing the need for it would be to make more pick ups work like credits do (this'll also reduce the issues of items getting stuck in weird places for some players).  Credits are picked up by one person (and can be vacuumed) but immediately added to all players' loot.  Why not apply that to all loot that is used post-mission?  All resources dropped should be granted to all players on pick up by a single player, just like credits. This way loot farming groups only need one player with a vacuum equipped sentinel.  Items that are used during the mission such as energy, health and ammo would continue to work as they currently do.

Bad idea since it could promote afk player.

No, it shouldn't. And no, I'm not going to bother explaining why, because I'm 99.9% certain that if you don't have the patience to slow down enough to pick up some loot in a video game because it's 'too hard', you aren't going to be the least bit receptive as to why there are a number of reasons why it would be an overall detriment to the game.

1 hour ago, Invoky said:

Vacuum should have been a warframe passive skill so players can use whichever companion combination they prefer without being restrict to use vacuum.

Without vacuum I would spend more time trying to pick up items then fighting enemies. The gameplay become so sluggish without vacuum that I have to constantly seeking out health/energy/ammo just so I can continue fighting. On top of that if I get unlucky to join a host with terrible connection, the looting become even more painful. I have to walk on exactly top of item location to make pick-up register. Then imaging do all that in an average game where 300-400 items drop, and more than 10 games per day. This looting simulator gameplay has became very painful!!

Pretty much vacuum is mandatory for all players who farms. Why not make it warframe passive so people can actually enjoy farming?

warframes actually do have a passive vacuum its 2.5 meters though

5 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

No, it shouldn't. And no, I'm not going to bother explaining why, because I'm 99.9% certain that if you don't have the patience to slow down enough to pick up some loot in a video game because it's 'too hard', you aren't going to be the least bit receptive as to why there are a number of reasons why it would be an overall detriment to the game.

It is not hard, but it is annoying and unnecessary.

I don't mind if game difficulty increase, or warframe/weapons gets nerf so the game become more challenge. They still make the game fun to play because they involve fighting.

But looting is boring and brain dead, why should I spend so much effort on this? I only enjoy on fighting enemies or doing parkour. I don't enjoy looting at all. Am I wrong about what I enjoy?

Just now, seprent said:

warframes actually do have a passive vacuum its 2.5 meters though

Too short, if they are 15-20 meters I am happy and its all I am asking.

Just now, Invoky said:

I don't mind if game difficulty increase, or warframe/weapons gets nerf so the game become more challenge. They still make the game fun to play because they involve fighting.

But looting is boring and brain dead, why should I spend so much effort on this? I only enjoy on fighting enemies or doing parkour. I don't enjoy looting at all. Am I wrong about what I enjoy?

people have asked for it to be increased on warframes DE has said no in one of the dev streams i don't remember what one but they said no 

Just now, Invoky said:

That's unfortunate hopefully one day they would change their mind.

i dont enjoy burst peoples bubbles but thought id tell ya before things got too far heated (no offense to you but ive seen some angery people on this topic) personally on the whole vacuum debate i dont mind treading the extra distance for loot if i have my pets out maybe pets 2.0 will have a compromise for the whole vacuum obsession people have

40 minutes ago, Invoky said:

You can easily bypass all that 'boring and brain dead' looting by paying some real money. Looting is part of what makes Warframe a free to play game. Making it even easier for players to obtain items for free directly affects profitability. That means less money for the devs. That means less and/or lower quality content added to the game in the future. 

2 hours ago, sh00chu said:

You can easily bypass all that 'boring and brain dead' looting by paying some real money. Looting is part of what makes Warframe a free to play game. Making it even easier for players to obtain items for free directly affects profitability. That means less money for the devs. That means less and/or lower quality content added to the game in the future. 

I am one of those weird player who spent alot of money on platinum, but also try to grind everything without the platinum shortcut. I am just too stingy I guess, like Thoriin sitting on piles of gold.

edit: too much info given

Edited by Invoky