Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updating Valkyr

VioletGoblin

Although Valkyr is not the worse frame in the game she is there is room for improvement, so I a suggesting a change to her passive ability and hysteria. 

I feel her passive should be changed to build in melee life strike (about 10-20% life steal) instead of faster knock down recovery. This plays into her being a melee frame and gives her a more integrated way to recover health without have to use hysteria just to top off her health. And since Nidus passive is constant health regen, I don't see how this change could be considered ridiculous.

Next is hysteria. The worse thing about hysteria it that it can easily put Valkyr in a situation that can cause instant death if she make contact with a nullifier bubble. So why don't we change hysteria from being hard invincibility to hard survivability. Lets throw out her invincibility and circle that goes with it, and replace with a less extreme option. When she activate hysteria, her base health is doubled (her current health will double instead of simply going to full health) and she is no longer affected by any kind of knock down; whether it's lasers or ancients. This cause her to still be hard to kill without having to worry about her instantly crumbling when running into a nullifier bubble or when she runs out of energy. 

I believe that these changes will make Valkyr stronger and more well rounded without her becoming an unstoppable room clearing monster that some frames have been in the past.

He thing is, you can do very long survivals f.e  without any problems. Her current state is ok. 

Taking nullifiers as a reason is kinda wrong.

Take Rhino f.e. . You cast your Iron Skin and go through high levels and suddenly there‘s the nullifier taking off your shields and finishing you in seconds.

Edited by Owmion

17 minutes ago, Owmion said:

He things is, you can do very long survivals f.e  without any problems. Her current state is ok. 

Take Rhino f.e. . You cast your Iron Skin and go through high levels and suddenly there‘s the nullifier taking off your shields and finishing you in seconds.

Iron Skin is what Hysteria would’ve been if it was Damage Reduction instead of Invincibility. That’s how bad it would be if her invincibility was gone. If DE would've Update Valkyr, It would be at least Changes since she's Sold right now. She got a lot of Hidden Mechanics though which makes her a frame to learn after Maining her (Which i did) instead of a frame to Enjoy after Maining. I learned her Mechanics and She's my Favorite. Also her Attack Speed buff can make any Slow weapon feel Comfortable.

Edited by VPrime96

I feel Valkyr is mostly perfect as she is, and frankly, there's this mod I put on my kavat, i forget it's name but it's reverse pack leader, any damage I do heals my kavat, any damage my kavat does heals me, and like, one attack heals me almost fully because of maul and bite. Add in a built in life strike and they might as well just stand there with their thumbs up there collective asses and wait for me to kill them. How much does my kavat heal me...................... Inaros. With max vitality mod. Almost dead. Instantly full life after cat kills three things. I love this mod.

If they are going to do something with Valkyr.... I don't know I guess some people love paralize but if I'm going to do that ill play inaros, I feel like it could use something more effective...  But mostly I'd rather the ability to hold your hook line  or something... That skill is great for mobility but combat just feels wrong...I honestly think I'd rather have the hook line when impacting an enemy cause me to rubber band snap into them with a flying kick or drive my blade or claws into them. Valkyr being a melee frame you want to get from cluster to cluster as quick and violently as possible and keep that combo counter going...

But if they fix nothing else, I much wish they would drop the thing where activating her 4 kills the combo counter.

2 hours ago, Owmion said:

He thing is, you can do very long survivals f.e  without any problems. Her current state is ok. 

Valkyr takes it to a further extreme. If a nullifier nicks her slightly, not only is her invincible state gone, but she will most likely just drop dead, due to the damage feedback of her ability.

Rhino still (should) has quite a lot of armor and health if the ability is gone, Valkyr dies to her own ability.

1 hour ago, Denpoman said:

Valkyr takes it to a further extreme. If a nullifier nicks her slightly, not only is her invincible state gone, but she will most likely just drop dead, due to the damage feedback of her ability.

Rhino still (should) has quite a lot of armor and health if the ability is gone, Valkyr dies to her own ability.

I get what you’re saying but I was talking about really high levels where the health and armor are nothing. Everything below almost one-shot-enemies (Nullifiers included) is not a problem for our Valkyr.

Correct me if I am wrong ;)

TBH, I think current Hysteria is ~fine, and Nullifier bubbles aren't that hard to spot :P
(Though following the Venari precedent and allowing seperate modding would be awesomesauce.)

I'd much rather see her being a bit better at things besides dishing out damage in Melee range / staying alive, say ...

Make the ally buffing part of Warcry an aura that sticks the effect on allies in (Affinity please thank you) range,
that way, missing an ally with the initial cast on an Eternal War build doesn't mean they're SOL for the rest of the mission
(plus have the aura re-apply the effect after an ally got nulli'd or whatever), because "selfish" buffers are no fun.

Prolonged Paralysis extending the range of the ability a bit for more CC prowess
(which you're already sacrificing Finishers for, mind you) would be nifty, as well.

Ripline I'd love to see get the Bladestorm treatment, something like,
hold 1 to enter a targeting mode (for up to 5 enemies so Mag doesn't get jealous lol),
reduce the Energy cost of Ripline to 5-10 Energy per cast / target,
not least so you can spam it even more for mobility fun (change the silly Augment already),
and please please please increase the pull strength to where you grappled onto,
on my 235% Range (Prolonged Paralysis & Warcry CC for funzies) build, I get maybe halfway before it stops :(

10 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Ripline I'd love to see get the Bladestorm treatment, something like,

hold 1 to enter a targeting mode (for up to 5 enemies so Mag doesn't get jealous lol),
reduce the Energy cost of Ripline to 5-10 Energy per cast / target,
not least so you can spam it even more for mobility fun (change the silly Augment already),
on my 235% Range (Prolonged Paralysis & Warcry CC for funzies) build, I get maybe halfway before it stops :(

I would like to have this change for Ripline because It's currently nice for Mobility but for Offense, it's next to useless.

3 hours ago, VioletGoblin said:

The reason I want change for hysteria is because you shouldn't have to disengage from a fight and run to the nearest closet just to safely deactivate an ability. It should be changed in some way.

The whole point is to kill everything around you. There's a problem elsewhere if you are having to disengage while fighting enemies in Hysteria.

Get rid of the energy drain since it means you can't be invincible permanently. Just roll Hysteria into her passive, then she'll never be vulnerable to any kind of damage.

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The whole point is to kill everything around you. There's a problem elsewhere if you are having to disengage while fighting enemies in Hysteria.

Because short-range melee attacks work great as room-clearers at anything above solo spawn-rates amirite?

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Get rid of the energy drain since it means you can't be invincible permanently. Just roll Hysteria into her passive, then she'll never be vulnerable to any kind of damage.

Dude, wtf?

OP's suggestion was removing the invincibility altogether and you're sarcastically acting like they just want a better EZmode? Really? Try reading before snarking if you don't want to be ridiculously off-base.

@VioletGoblin

As a stopgap solution, how about changing Hysteria to only deal feedback damage if the enemy who DEALT the damage is still alive/in range?

For example:

You get shot by 3 Lancers for 100 damage each. You kill 2 Lancers and run out of energy. You take 100 feedback damage instead of 300.

This should help mitigate the issues presented by the constant flow of enemies, and Nullifier canceling may as well wash away the feedback too.

On 4/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Knockback strength on Prolonged Paralysis is modified by power strength, increase your power if you need more pull range.

В 23.04.2018 в 16:46, (PS4)Echo_X сказал:

I feel Valkyr is mostly perfect as she is

Lets see..

1)Ripline is not that usefull since Parkour 2.0

2)You cant recast Warcry and its debuff have very limited effect(only affect enemys on cast)

3)Without Prolonged Paralysis paralysis is useless(She need shields to stun enemys..but she dont need shields at all..she dont have them 80% of the time)

4)Hysterya need tweaks/rework

5) She allways have free energy and nowhere to spend it

6?) No good skins in Tennogen..lame

And before you say - im Valkyr main since update 11 so i know everything about my angry kitty

1 hour ago, Tuoweit said:

Knockback strength on Prolonged Paralysis is modified by power strength, increase your power if you need more pull range.

I'm talking about Ripline there, though. The mobility function just seems a bit too flaccid at times.

And like I said, maybe give Augment'd Paralysis more base range, so I don't need to tank my Strength with Overextended :P

31 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

3)Without Prolonged Paralysis paralysis is useless

Opening (multiple) enemies up to Finishers / stealth damage for 5 Energy is hardly useless in my book
(plus it's useful for breaking Containers, heh).

56 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Opening (multiple) enemies up to Finishers / stealth damage for 5 Energy is hardly useless in my book
(plus it's useful for breaking Containers, heh).

It also destroy Cameras which makes her a good Corpus Spy frame.

Really...all she needs are two things:

A health bar while in hysteria (so rage can actually work to counter the extreme cost, even if she stays invincible with a health treshold)

And a way to counter the accumulating damage (best case by using hysterias life steal) so she gains actuall controll over her mortality.

There isn't much wrong with her, i find hysterias design rather nice but that it is very short living and that it means sure death once you take enough damage you would be able to heal otherwise is just beyond stupid. A little more focus on the berserker theme of her would be nice too (by adding a buff depending on the damage counter for example) but those two things are actuall fatal flaws.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

3 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Lets see..

2)You cant recast Warcry and its debuff have very limited effect(only affect enemys on cast)

3)Without Prolonged Paralysis paralysis is useless(She need shields to stun enemys..but she dont need shields at all..she dont have them 80% of the time)

And before you say - im Valkyr main since update 11 so i know everything about my angry kitty

1)The riplline is great for mobility and can get you to places most other frames cannot reach.. Can also be spammed to increase movement speed while running. 
2)Sure you don't get to keep slowing down targets but with eternal war you can easily keep war cry's armor and attack speed buff up for the entire mission, which I value more.
3)Paralysis is a good alternate to being able to keep using warcry, you just shout out a stun and cut them down.
4)Hysteria needs tweaks, not reworks. Other than maybe a special slot on mod for her combat augment.
5)If you always have free energy on a melee frame, you're not channeling, she has all that energy so that you can just channel through the whole mission to do extra damage. Valkyr is one of the frames where it actually does make sense to build a weapon for channeling as opposed to crit or stat.
6)The prime skin looks awesome.

If you combine Valkyr with Hunter Adrenaline you will never run out of energy. Add to that a kavat modded heavy attack, including armor and health link, maul and bite and all the others, add to that pack leader and hunter recovery, you will be healed continuously.. I agree that ripline needs tome work. I agree that maybe they could do a little tweaking on hysteria. But honestly as it stands I quit "endless" missions out of bordom not because anything can kill me.

8 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Lets see..

1) Ripline and Swing line Augment could use Quality of Life changes : 1-handed Cast, faster animation cast. Allowing Ripline on terrarin to reset Air-Glide & Wall-Latch duration to cater to Spider-frame players.

2) Rescastable WarCry would be awesome for actual CC application of enemy slow

3) Have to correct you but you only need Shields if you are using Paralysis for damage. The stun happens whether you have 1200+ Shields or No Shields (like NM alerts)* Paralysis should definitely have more friendly melee casting like how Volt Speed can be cast without disturbing Melee combos.

Normal Paralysis is absolutely amazing for Cache/Medallion/Ayatan Statue finding if you build for near max Range with Animal Instinct or Loot detector plus Vaccum on Sentinel: If something does not get pulled by Vaccum when breaking containers by spamming Paralysis, then it is a Context-use interaction loot

4) I personally don't like Hysteria and thus don't use the ability unless testing. So I will not comment on the ability.

5) Cannot argue this: mainly why I run Quick-Thinking instead of Vitality/P.Vigor/etc..

6) Aesthetics are personal flavor, so nothing to persuade otherwise. (I pray we get a Hooded Valkyr Skin)*

Surprised to see you are a Valkyr Main from U11. Guessing you do not like Paralysis, though or you would have not have said she needed Shields to stun enemies. (She never has needed shields for the CC, just for the damage part...which was nerfed from dealing Auto headhsots when DE removed auto-headahots on Launchers/AoE)*

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more strongly with the OP. IMO Valkyr is top tier as is. Hysteria is fine (and best reserved for OMG moments and extremely challenging content). And while I'd love more life steal in the game, we already have tools like Life Strike and Hirudo which are more than adequate not to mention thematically appropriate. 

Further, Nullifiers are supposed to be scary. Think Valkyr has it bad? Try Mirage. Better still, equip a decent ranged weapon and shoot them before they become an issue.

Edited by HanShotFirst
typo

10 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more strongly with the OP. IMO Valkyr is top tier as is. Hysteria is fine (and best reserved for OMG moments and extremely challenging content). And while I'd love more life steal in the game, we already have tools like Life Strike and Hirudo which are more than adequate not to mention thematically appropriate. 

Further, Nullifiers are supposed to be scary. Think Valkyr has it bad? Try Mirage. Better still, equip a decent ranged weapon and shoot them before they become an issue.

I think Nidus got the worst effect with Nullifiers.

2 часа назад, (PS4)MrNishi сказал:

Surprised to see you are a Valkyr Main from U11

What can i say. I fall in love ever since i saw her trailer.

2 часа назад, (PS4)MrNishi сказал:

Guessing you do not like Paralysis, though or you would have not have said she needed Shields to stun enemies.

No..i just forget how her Paralysis works without aug -_-

As for the Hysterya..i have concept of total rework but i dont think i can translate it to eng now