Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, I can wait for new content

IkeaSofa

2 hours ago, den2k said:

They had new content (new mechanics, which means ne game basically) but every soul on the forum wanted their heads for it so they didn't publish it. That netted a 4 additional months without contents. Khora had to be rethough from scratch since she was to rely on Damage 2.5 - which added I esteem 2-3 months of delay.

Mostly the delays are traceable to the hardcore whiners on these forums, on the ultimatum givers and on those who "who thinks of the old gamers?" when it's the new players that bring revenues and the old players will inevitably get bored like any person who does the same activities for a long time. You don't stay on top selling to the same customers, you do that finding NEW customers. And since this is a completely f2p game there is really nothing to feel entitled of.

Not exactly think about it who helps the new players, who gets them into the game,and who has probably spent more money on the game, vets, because new players dont just join a game and go let me spend some cash. The vets also just make up the games community you do need to think about them on top of that relying solely on new players just doesnt seem smart and at this stage in the game new players are already overwhelmed and dont need anymore content they have things to work towards we should be working and making sure they always have something to work towards so they dont hit a wall like the vets did which inevitably means adding more end game content for when they reach veteran level.

3 minutes ago, Moe_Kazama said:

Dont find this true look at Warframes player count is more consistent  than its ever been. I have friends who have been playing since the start and are still playing and grinding 

Those same players are the ones who end up taking long breaks from the game due to lack of content.

il y a 24 minutes, S.Dust a dit :

Those same players are the ones who end up taking long breaks from the game due to lack of content.

Vet here.

For me a long break is 2 week.

I might be an exception but, i dislike trying new game because i fear that i will end up playing less of warframe. (I end up completing new game a year or two after buying them...)

I played twice the number of hours in warframe than all my other game on steam, using the mission chrono.

Warframe represent the 2/3rd of the past 6 years of my gamer life.

This is addiction.

Edited by angias

3 hours ago, Korunos. said:

Yes there are people complaining that it takes too long to get this and that.
But are they the majority?

Literally all of my friends playing warframe can wait for any content. So why even rush development and ship something out that's full of bugs?
I've never complained about how long I will have to wait for new content.

I'm sure they will do a good job fixing some minor bugs! Just don't rush things...

Is there anyone else with the same opinion?

Yeah, me. Something being delayed makes me apathetic, but shoving out something which is broken makes me actively hate it. Especially so when there are issues which would have been revealed immediately upon the first test - in my case, it was despite killing everything I saw in one or two hits, the life support timer drained too fast and the mission failed me on wave 5. All it would have taken to find this is for them to run each tile once or twice at wave 8 settings (which is presumably the intended stopping point, a full C rotation), but they couldn't even be bothered to do that much testing.

The net result is that I'm now thoroughly disgusted by this new game mode, and that disgust spills over to my view of this game in general.

3 hours ago, Jim22 said:

so you didnt complain about how long it took for them to release TWW?

Dunno about the OP, but I certainly didn't.

Oh, and for those of you who chant "oh, it's beta, you're supposed to be the testers" - this is supposedly a game, and the purpose of a game to be fun. Game-breaking issues are not fun, they're frustrating. This is supposed to be leisure time for me. If you want me to do frustrating crap, you're going to have to pay me for it.

Why can't people understand that no matter how much DE delay things like this, it will never guarantee a "bug free" build,simply because there are so many combinations of things that could break it, from hardware down to builds. 

Every single time they've delayed something, it still came with tons of bugs. 

Edited by aligatorno

39 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Why can't people understand that no matter how much DE delay things like this, it will never guarantee a "bug free" build,simply because there are so many combinations of things that could break it, from hardware down to builds. 

Every single time they've delayed something, it still came with tons of bugs. 

Yeah, threads like these just seem to step on the verge of metacomplaining.

It's just the nature of Free 2 Play. When you are not making money for every copy of the game installed on someone's computer, you have to make it otherwise. You make money from new players by having a few essential purchases that a lot of them will spend money on (slots and potatoes in Warframes case). And you make money from old player releasing new content at a steady pace so they can have something to spend their plat on.

If you wanna wait under the assumption that DE will do better if they take their time. by all means do, but no matter how long they work on it there will always be bugs.

Not to mention it hurts them as a company, less new content means less content that the player base could buy which ends up with a loss to DE's revenue. not to mention the drop in playerbase.

In my opinion as someone who has been playing for almost 4 years now, the quality of content that we have been getting doesn't justify the wait time, and that's why i don't like it. bugs i can deal with, but this is just bad game design.

The time itself means nothing if the devs have complication, lack of talent or just experiencing new things what they didn't see before. The game development meant to be hard and harder if you make more and more complex games. There is bugs from the ancient times, there is bugs from the time when I joined to this game and also there is some new bug which coming in everytime when they fix something. Patience is mostly not helps because you can be patient but in the end that is not guarantee you the bug free game experience. If you feel the game what you play is buggy or unplayable and you cannot find a part which works without crash then you need to change your games over time and come back later. My longest break from the game was 5 day when I went to holiday with some friends.

There is games which developed long time but that not guaranteed the game will be fine. Prime example the Duke Nukem Forever which was started in the last millenia but ended up a mediocre once you play then throw out of window game. They constantly delayed reconstructed or tweaked the game and these constant changes made new problems and the devs cannot deal with infinite bugs and mess. DE as a team has a certain level of talent and they can work in their created universe but they cannot handle everything well and they can make mistakes like us because they are just like us with more game dev experience.

13 minutes ago, Dark_Chroma said:

I think everyone can wait for some days weeks,  but not for half a year with no upcoming content(except events,  which had been much more boring than raids) 

Oh yeah I can definitely wait for some time. What I really want is to get past Onslaught so we can move on to round 12 so I can get the beautiful Chroma Graxx and Chroma Thyrus skins. That is why I want it out of the way.

As a console player, I'm currently yawning at the lack of stuff to do. Other than make my dojo prettier and farm for arcanes, that's literally all I have left, and it's been like this since after the Zephyr prime release.

I'm all for polished updates, but I just feel like it's getting very hard to keep any interest in Warframe for the moment with the lack of new content over this long period of time. 

Really looking foward to getting a hold of Khora though. Hopefully us console guys can get a release date very soon, before we all fall asleep!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Owwly said:

Hopefully us console guys can get a release date very soon, before we all fall asleep!

They have to fix it first. You probably wont see if for at least another month. Khora is getting changed, again. Onslaught barely works. This will take time to fix.

Edited by krc473

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

They have to fix it first. You probably wont see if for at least another month. Khora is getting changed, again. Onslaught basically barely works. This will take time to fix.

The console versions are like ghost towns right now. Guessing we'll have to find something else to keep us occupied.

Makes me sad that it's been so long without something new! I wanna play me some Warframe! 

Just now, (PS4)Owwly said:

Makes me sad that it's been so long without something new! I wanna play me some Warframe! 

We had the same issue with PC too (not as long though). Nothing new came for about 5 months. With no proper endgame content, they have to make content faster than that. I do not mind waiting 5 months for new content. But 5 months for content that is so bugged its not worth playing? Yes, they are fixing it. But you just have to look at the forums to see how annoyed everyone is. And annoyed people are less likely to stay and/or spend money.

Basically, you want to wait longer for the new stuff. Let DE make it actually work first. As it stands, you do not want it.

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

They have to fix it first. You probably wont see if for at least another month. Khora is getting changed, again. Onslaught barely works. This will take time to fix.

If it's gonna be month then I guess we are gonna get Tennogen round 12 before. If so that is at least something but I'm also a Chroma main so I'm more hyped than others are. Also I believe DE has patched the worst, most game breaking bugs for Onslaught and with a bit more work it could be ready for console. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Also I believe DE has patched the worst, most game breaking bugs for Onslaught and with a bit more work it could be ready for console.

From what I have seen, barely anything they have done has fixed much. People are still getting issues with host migrations. Too few enemies spawn (4-5 only) to finish. And the Khora rework - that will have to get released and then fixed. Khora is meant to be later this week. So, next week would be making it operate as they intended. After that they could send for cert.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

From what I have seen, barely anything they have done has fixed much. People are still getting issues with host migrations. Too few enemies spawn (4-5 only) to finish. And the Khora rework - that will have to get released and then fixed. Khora is meant to be later this week. So, next week would be making it operate as they intended. After that they could send for cert.

Ok so should I expect Tennogen first? Also thanks!!

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

Just now, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Ok so should I expect Tennogen first? Also thanks.

Would they bother to put tennogen separately to Beasts of Sanctuary? If so, then probably.

They could easily give you the current build now - but you really do not want it. Most people have lost interest in the Onslaught mode because there are more bugs than things working. You do not want them to rush this. But really, they should spend another few weeks making it work before giving it to console. 

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Would they bother to put tennogen separately to Beasts of Sanctuary? If so, then probably.

They could easily give you the current build now - but you really do not want it. Most people have lost interest in the Onslaught mode because there are more bugs than things working. You do not want them to rush this. But really, they should spend another few weeks making it work before giving it to console. 

Once again thanks!!