Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New/Upcoming Prime weapons

As the title suggests, I’ve been wondering what the next prime weapons will be. Believe it or not I’ve predicted the last few prime weapons based on the type of weapons they are. Pretty excited knowing I was right about them. But that was obviously luck. The prime Boltor and new prime kronen makes me wonder if there will be a prime boltace in the future. Be one OP prime melee. Been thinking of a prime kronen and prime boltace for a while ever since the prime boltor was released from the vault last year. 

But enough about that, right now we all know the next 2 prime male warframes coming in like 3 months, then 3-4 months after that are more than likely Chroma and Limbo. People are already talking about how they will look but I’m more focused one the prime weapons that will be coming with them. There are several weapon types that haven’t been made into a prime yet, like a machete, sonicor, numb-chucks, energy weapons in general, rapier, etc..

But what do y’all think will be the next weapons to be primed with chroma and limbo? Honestly I feel like a Prime Heliocor and a Prime Simulor would be the weapons that come with prime chroma. Only because of how the cephalon simaris was the one who sent you on the quest for chroma in the first place. But due to the chroma dynasty skin it makes me visualize a heavy blade being the prime that comes with Chroma but I don’t know what other heavy blade could be primed. They may not all be prime weapons if DE decides to make another prime arch wing or prime arch-weapons, or companions. 

Most of these prime, if not all, weapons are originally Tenno weapons. Grineer usually get wraith and corpus get vandels, with a few exceptions. 

So what do y’all believe the next prime weapons will be? And what do y’all hope the next prime weapons will be?

Hirudo Prime. They now look like cat claws, not the wolverine claws like venka but like a set of hand and foot claws. Replaces primary damage type from puncture to slash, 2.0 base channeling damage, 1.3 attack speed. Alt fire button triggers the roll kick and rag dolls one enemy as well as any stuck by that enemy. 

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Echo_X said:

Hirudo Prime. They now look like cat claws, not the wolverine claws like venka but like a set of hand and foot claws. Replaces primary damage type from puncture to slash, 2.0 base channeling damage, 1.3 attack speed. Alt fire button triggers the roll kick and rag dolls one enemy as well as any stuck by that enemy. 

Idk. The kogaka Prime came out so we probably won’t being seeing a martial arts weapon for a while. Plus those would more than likely come out with a prime/derelict Nidus. But I have been thinking of prime stance mods for martial arts weapons that give them actual stances and unique fighting combos. Like a crane stance, tiger claw stance and each one comes with unique charge abilities like crane having rapid kicks. Maybe a dragon stance that comes with the dragon kick known to be used by characters like Lue Kang(MK) or Martial Law(tekken), that delivers a powerful blow that knocks them flying. There’s a scythe stance that allows you to dodge and do flips and tricks while still attacking and I feel the martial arts should be able to as well.

Imagine being able to dodge bullets while holding the block button then do a round house kick off the walls. I would be using the kogaka prime for a while just to whoop the grineer and pummel the machines. Main reason I liked Atlas even though CC isn’t very good. Imagine all the dojo fights. Atlas is the best dojo warframe because his up close and personal first ability. Even vauban had trouble holding me back. “For Asgard, UPPERCUT”. 😂 Martial arts would make the dojo fights a lot more interesting and the upgrades would make them more useful and fun on missions. Plus I feel the martial arts weapons need a speed boost cause nothing is faster than hand-to-hand combat. Numbchucks should be the fastest of them all. But that’s just my opinion. 

Btw when I first used the regular kogaka i did a slide kick that knocked an ancient flying but not before it grabbed me and I went flying with it across the derelict. Dudes wouldn’t stop laughing. 😂😂😂

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

Next prime cycle will most likely be

Limbo Prime

Choose a total of 2 with a maximum of one from each category.

Primary Choices:

Tenora, Baza, Attica, Daikyu, Rubico, Stradavar, Strun, Zhuge, Corinth

Secondary Choices:

Zakti, Pyrana, Castanass, Talons, Scourge,  Furis (afuris), aklato, akjagara, magnus (+ak), aksomati, akvasto, akzani, kunai, pandero

Melee Choices: 

Gunsen, Anku, Cassowar, Gazal Machete (bwhahaha), Dual Razzle Dazzle, Tonbo, Okina, Shaku, Lacera, Gundao, Endura, destreza, dual ether, heat sword (+dual), dual skana, dual zoren, ether reaper, ether sword, furax, gram, karyst, kama, kestrel, magistar, nami solo, ninkondi, sibear, tekko, tipedo

Sentinels:

All of em that haven't been primed yet.

anything i didn't include is 100% because i'm lazy and didn't feel like including all of harrows, garas, and khoras junk. To my knowledge the only requirment for becoming a prime is that you must be of not-grineer/infested/corpus/ostron origin, originating from either tenno/orokin directly.

Personally I'd love to see Limbo Prime come with Rubico Prime and Dethcube Prime, or with Gazal Machete Prime + Djinn Prime (bwhahaha that FATAL ATTRACTION META!)

Edited by Gandergear

They could also just release some Prime that doesn't have a normal counterpart. Euphona Prime is the most notable (in that it doesn't have any normal counterparts) but there's also Reaper Prime and Dakra Prime (although there is the Ether Reaper and Dex Dakra, and the Dakra might be a prime version of the Cronus).

Ak-Euphona Prime, with selector switch alt fire so we can have beautiful and effective dual shotguns combo'd with an awesome slug chucker. Literally only reason I dont use the current is my asthetic preference towards duals, but in all seriousness we could use a decent dual shotty that actually looks nice. Add in Rubico Prime to round out the high damage loadout, Sniper for long, slug mid, shotty for in your face. Or Daikyu prime works as well.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

1 hour ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Ak-Euphona Prime, with selector switch alt fire so we can have beautiful and effective dual shotguns combo'd with an awesome slug chucker. Literally only reason I dont use the current is my asthetic preference towards duals, but in all seriousness we could use a decent dual shotty that actually looks nice. Add in Rubico Prime to round out the high damage loadout, Sniper for long, slug mid, shotty for in your face. Or Daikyu prime works as well.

Honestly I feel the next pistol prime should be the sonicor. Haven’t had a prime pistol like the sonicor in like... ever. The next dual pistols would more than likely come out with Mesa Prime. And honestly I think a dual euphona would be OP. 

Some people are making a list of every weapon that isn’t a prime but I’ve calculated the kronen based on the TYPES of weapons yet to be made into a prime. Example: The only dual melees that haven’t been made are the dual axe(aka zorans), whip melees, rapiers, etc. For primary we haven’t gotten an energy prime, same for pistols. We also haven’t gotten a primary crossbow prime. The diakyu prime I could see being released with ivara prime. 

Incase you haven’t noticed a lot of the primes that come out especially for the latest warframes, tend to reflect the warframe. Hydroid and Nami Skyla(kind of like a pirate), valkyr and the venka(claws), Oberon and the Silva and Aegis(protector), and then there’s zephyr with what I predicted to be the kronen due to the wings and the flying dash attack done with them. 

As much as I would love to see many different primes for many reasons, the chance are slim in the short run but inevitable in the long run. So I try to think of weapons that would go good with the warframes that they come with. Chroma being a weapon damage buffing warframe for total annihilation, it would make sense that he would/should come with a very destructive weapon. Like a tonkor and kulstar. Just examples. 

That’s what I’m trying to figure out and the suspense is killing me and thus the grineer as I make them take my place. 😂 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Honestly I feel the next pistol prime should be the sonicor. Haven’t had a prime pistol like the sonicor in like... ever. The next dual pistols would more than likely come out with Mesa Prime. And honestly I think a dual euphona would be OP. 

Some people are making a list of every weapon that isn’t a prime but I’ve calculated the kronen based on the TYPES of weapons yet to be made into a prime. Example: The only dual melees that haven’t been made are the dual axe(aka zorans), whip melees, rapiers, etc. For primary we haven’t gotten an energy prime, same for pistols. We also haven’t gotten a primary crossbow prime. The diakyu prime I could see being released with ivara prime. 

Incase you haven’t noticed a lot of the primes that come out especially for the latest warframes, tend to reflect the warframe. Hydroid and Nami Skyla(kind of like a pirate), valkyr and the venka(claws), Oberon and the Silva and Aegis(protector), and then there’s zephyr with what I predicted to be the kronen due to the wings and the flying dash attack done with them. 

As much as I would love to see many different primes for many reasons, the chance are slim in the short run but inevitable in the long run. So I try to think of weapons that would go good with the warframes that they come with. Chroma being a weapon damage buffing warframe for total annihilation, it would make sense that he would/should come with a very destructive weapon. Like a tonkor and kulstar. Just examples. 

That’s what I’m trying to figure out and the suspense is killing me and thus the grineer as I make them take my place. 😂 

Problem is primes are tenno only. Sonicor is corpus and Tonkor/Kulstar are grineer. As for AEP, it all come down to the stats given, even the usual dual weapon stat changes (rof up, reload and accuracy down) give a decent balancing start, and its not like duals alway have the same stats as their single counterparts. Attica and Zhug primes wouldnt be bad though. As for mesa prime, that'd likely be Akvasto primes.

Honestly the only real pipe dream Primes would be Aklato and Akskana Primes since thier stuck (likely forever) in Founders limbo.

1 hour ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Problem is primes are tenno only. Sonicor is corpus and Tonkor/Kulstar are grineer. As for AEP, it all come down to the stats given, even the usual dual weapon stat changes (rof up, reload and accuracy down) give a decent balancing start, and its not like duals alway have the same stats as their single counterparts. Attica and Zhug primes wouldnt be bad though. As for mesa prime, that'd likely be Akvasto primes.

Honestly the only real pipe dream Primes would be Aklato and Akskana Primes since thier stuck (likely forever) in Founders limbo.

Never noticed that the sonicor is corpus especially since it is obtained in the market. Never saw anywhere that suggests that the sonicor is a corpus weapon. Guess I’m gonna look at the details again. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

Chroma w/ Furis and aFuris prime, and a "Dual Primal/Dragon/(better name here) Blades" prime which is like Dual Heat Swords but you can alt-click to switch the elemental proc-types(and blade effects). 

Limbo with one of the throwing secondaries (pref one of the exploding ones), and... is Diriga supposed to be Grineer? Because no sentinels are Wraith or Vandal.  Diriga, sniper buddy, very secret agent-esque items for him. 😛

7 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Chroma w/ Furis and aFuris prime, and a "Dual Primal/Dragon/(better name here) Blades" prime which is like Dual Heat Swords but you can alt-click to switch the elemental proc-types(and blade effects). 

Limbo with one of the throwing secondaries (pref one of the exploding ones), and... is Diriga supposed to be Grineer? Because no sentinels are Wraith or Vandal.  Diriga, sniper buddy, very secret agent-esque items for him. 😛

The Helios is a corpus and it was primed. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

It is the only exception to the rule, but yes an exception nontheless. I still wouldnt hold my breath for another non-tenno prime.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe
breath*

On 2018-04-29 at 5:50 PM, MechaEmperor7000 said:

They could also just release some Prime that doesn't have a normal counterpart. Euphona Prime is the most notable (in that it doesn't have any normal counterparts) but there's also Reaper Prime and Dakra Prime (although there is the Ether Reaper and Dex Dakra, and the Dakra might be a prime version of the Cronus).

"Dakra"

"primed Cronus"

true underdog

33 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

If we're going by lore, Corpus were heavily entwined with the Orokin as merchants, who also spawned the Tenno.  There's bound to be some Corpus-made designs that are mimicries of Orokin design.

Edited by Ordo_Solarus

28 minutes ago, Ordo_Solarus said:

If we're going by lore, Corpus were heavily entwined with the Orokin as merchants, who also spawned the Tenno.  There's bound to be some Corpus-made designs that are mimicries of Orokin design.

With that logic, Prime Lenz/Opticor/Staticor anyone? ~drools~

27 minutes ago, Ordo_Solarus said:

some

And yet if you open that door, any wider atleast. 

On a sidenote, forgot but while not primes, could always have orokin hybrid versions since there is Seer, though hopefully theyd be more usuable then that starter upgrade.

2 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I'm not so sure.  I get the impression that the sentinels aren't really designed by either of those factions, and are something... different, that just isn't explored much yet.  From the codex entries anyways.

6 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

I'm not so sure.  I get the impression that the sentinels aren't really designed by either of those factions, and are something... different, that just isn't explored much yet.  From the codex entries anyways.

If you played the index then you’ll notice a lot of sentinels. Or more specifically helioses. They’re annoying and hard to hit because of how small they are. But they are definitely corpus. 

Now those are sentinels, not weapons, or warframes. So they may be exceptions.