Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Onslaught Modes?

BladeRambler

I absolutely love the new Onslaught modes; finally we have an end-game, survival-like mode that challenges our gear and skill. My only question is: are we getting some awesome nightmare modifiers on these missions to push our gear even harder? I'd love to see rotations change the modifiers, and even the focus gain and reward percentages, to help mix up the meta further. Make it random, but depending on the difficulty of the nightmare modifier, maybe apply a multiplier to XP or score of that round? I'm not sure the best way to execute this, but I'm looking forward to the next steps in this game mode.

Its enough of a nightmare now. No need to make it worse.

Its not really a challenge of gear and skill - its a gear check for a small subset of available gear.  If they can make it where skill actually has some use, then sure add nightmare mode - but until they ditch efficiency so weapons (other than s2w) become viable and make it less of a press 4 to win, I think their time is spent better elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

I absolutely love the new Onslaught modes; finally we have an end-game, survival-like mode that challenges our gear and skill. My only question is: are we getting some awesome nightmare modifiers on these missions to push our gear even harder? I'd love to see rotations change the modifiers, and even the focus gain and reward percentages, to help mix up the meta further. Make it random, but depending on the difficulty of the nightmare modifier, maybe apply a multiplier to XP or score of that round? I'm not sure the best way to execute this, but I'm looking forward to the next steps in this game mode.

Imagine how much slower players would be with Energy Drain Mode since there’s already eximus there that can drain your energy and Saryn, Equinox is being used there a lot.

14 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

sounds cool, where can I play that?

Yes, please! Where do I get that?

I'm glad you like the new mission, OP, but I wouldn't pretend there's anything remotely skillful involved with that mode. In fact, there is less skill required than on your bog standard sortie or even high level nightmare, because out of everything you can do in the game, you should only do a very small number of things over and over and over. Skill is usually defined as the application of internalized situational knowledge, i.e. problem solving, in an environment that exposes you to challenges that require you to adapt by applying said knowledge quickly. Onslaught's the opposite of that.

My invulnerability and instagibbing powers need to be challenged more! ...pift. Some old tac alerts were harder when mods still had a conclave rating. It was still cheesey but it went in the better direction of limiting modding. Build a better nightmare, we'll make a more efficient god.