The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A rant about teralysts/tridolon hunting

SummerSins

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

What is the generally accepted minimum MR before you start Eidolon hunting? I understand at a certain rank you get access to much more powerful gear, abilities etc.

I'm only MR6 at the moment, so still probably what you'd call a "pleb" or regular player. I can hold my own in survival / defence missions up to 15 waves though.

I dont take people under MR15 (even I try to get MR20 at first) just because every single time I placed low MR people in the squad, they messed up the mission.  Nothing personal.

3 minutes ago, DP_KRoM said:

I dont take people under MR15 (even I try to get MR20 at first) just because every single time I placed low MR people in the squad, they messed up the mission.  Nothing personal.

under 15? wow im only mr13 so i see no chance being in your squad for hunts lol. then again you probably wouldnt even get me because of the whole checking of stats blah blah stuff. I myself dont like seeing people at mr11 or under doing hunts, mr12 plus i just trust they know what they doing

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

What is the generally accepted minimum MR before you start Eidolon hunting? I understand at a certain rank you get access to much more powerful gear, abilities etc.

I'm only MR6 at the moment, so still probably what you'd call a "pleb" or regular player. I can hold my own in survival / defence missions up to 15 waves though.

None, players simpy want things done, those that rely on MR are players that want things done for them, those that use MR to enter are the ones that also need alot of help and they use the number to slide in, a mistake that has been decreasing overtime.

Having the operator ready, checking out what works, how to deal damage, how to avoid damage, whats the objective, what you can do to help are always assets that are far more valuable than MR, takes time to get this understanding but the majority of the players (thank god) will reach this conclusion.

Those that do not reach this conclusion lack 1 thing, gameplay experience, Yes this might be the case for MR25 players even, being buthurt is not my concern.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb DP_KRoM:

I check profile, i dont care for MR, since even MR25 players can be noobs lol

22 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

None, players simpy want things done, those that rely on MR are players that want things done for them, those that use MR to enter are the ones that also need alot of help and they use the number to slide in, a mistake that has been decreasing overtime.

Wrong.  In my case I just want each member to know how to do his/her part of the work as well as I know what do I have to do.  I dont need help, I just want people to know what they have to do.

Edited by DP_KRoM

Some of these posts are funny.  How come I never run across these "godlike" low MR players?  I don't recruit and I use PUB for my caps.  The times when I get all high MRs with proper equipment go alot smoother than the ones with MR 7 Excaliburs with Bratons.  Seriously I understand some people get mad at people judging by MR but the super player low MRs are far and few between and this board makes it seem like there's a plethora of them.  This goes for all game modes not just hunting.

6 hours ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Some of these posts are funny.  How come I never run across these "godlike" low MR players?

Because you are still focusing a good chunk of time managing your own gameplay, when that is assured you can see how much effort is being done by each player in the squad, make no mistake, while rare, players at low MR with an extreme efficiency, effort and results are running around, if everyone was god like, then no one would be.

It is also rare to talk about it, same way high MR players do not talk how uninteresting they gameplay is, it looks bad and some players avoid it at all costs, having a lower MR player do far more things than you, you will certainly avoid chatting that with your clanmates for sure, the shame in admiting such player does exist.

Altough my analysis is a bit unfair as i have a great deal of completed missions, someone with 100 completed missions might have trouble detecting good players because the mods and ranks of said mods kinda blur it out.

Guys, you keep saying that these hunts are becoming similar to raids, but you are wrong. Raids were limited to 1 each per day, so speed runs were optional. But that isn't the main part. With 8 frames, the option for variety was more, and with even only 1 person who was experienced with a mic, raids could be done fairly quickly. And the only reason people didn't do raids was because they never learned, whereas there were often groups ready to take on newer players, and let's not forget the now defunct raid school bus discord (rip my friend).

Also, about the frame variety, you say that if you know what you are doing, you need not bring meta frames to the hunts. Well the things is, say Banshee has NO useful ability to help out in the hunt, so it's basically you fighting with your weapons. In raids, you could do whatever the hell you wanted. 8 Zephyrs (pre buff), sure, 8 hydroids, limbos etc. The choice was yours, cos if you had good coordination, raids were easy. If ya dont believe me, check out Zanagoth, hell i should have just started with that. Oh well, nvm.

4 minutes ago, THE_MAANIAC said:

Also, about the frame variety, you say that if you know what you are doing, you need not bring meta frames to the hunts. Well the things is, say Banshee has NO useful ability to help out in the hunt, so it's basically you fighting with your weapons.

But lots of people bring their 7 forma opticor or vectis or rubico with some divine riven that takes out limbs in a couple of shots anyways. In which case just fighting with your weapons is more than enough.

Seriously, if people could just learn to get lures, not take out a limb when there are none, and kill vomvalysts to prevent shield regeneration, all is good. I would much rather people did that, than bring the optimal frame.

For any new players - just try practicing the teralyst(public or solo). The tridolon is just 3 teralysts, each one harder than the previous one.

Get enough gear to solo a teralyst and then you can just run tridolon casually in pubs. If you want to make it as efficient as possible, then you gotta go meta but its not necessary.

5 hours ago, rune_me said:

But lots of people bring their 7 forma opticor or vectis or rubico with some divine riven that takes out limbs in a couple of shots anyways. In which case just fighting with your weapons is more than enough.

Seriously, if people could just learn to get lures, not take out a limb when there are none, and kill vomvalysts to prevent shield regeneration, all is good. I would much rather people did that, than bring the optimal frame.

exactly what i think. If someone knows what to do and when to do it and whatnot, there shouldnt be a problem right? just agreeing with you here as people shut out others for not having specific frames