Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave is mostly dead

Cosmic_Elf

Well since I have done and completed most things in this game on th mission side of things, I hardly touched conclave... I have always been a lamer in player vs player and because it was a bit unfair , i avoided it. Now there it is sitting there on my ship, and have to complete the syndicate standing chart..I only attended when things were fair when the Christmas candy cane and snowball battles happened . since the missions/events are mostly played by hard core conclave warriors that basically make me eat dust, I decided to even out the game by playing with Khora where my pet helped carry me to get some standing... but there are times when NO ONE is playing , and you just sit and wait after selecting a section in the conclave game menu. 

I am just wondering why DE cant fill in with bots like they do with the Index when there are no human players available, just to keep the option of being able to play... also playing with bots is better practice, that trying to play with someone who just one shot/smash kill you every time you spawn, which is why i think a lot of players avoid conclave. You used bots in Unreal Tournament, and why cant you have them included when there are no players to play with in conclave ? I tried recruiting chat to ask for someone to play a game with me in conclave ... it didnt work, so I post here now... hoping this would be an idea on how to improve conclave...

• Like 1

Considering they openly acknowledging that no one plays it(Rebecca's words from Noclip's documentary about warframe), i doubt there's much coming to conclave. Honestly im surprised its still there, looking on how trials were treated.

13 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

Considering they openly acknowledging that no one plays it(Rebecca's words from Noclip's documentary about warframe), i doubt there's much coming to conclave. Honestly im surprised its still there, looking on how trials were treated.

More people would  play it if there was a bot option, when there are no players available.... instead of madly clicking menus and exiting when no players are around

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tr0llf3sT said:

The problem is the powes/skills... the #*!%ing n00bs using skills OMG is conclave dexterity? mobility? 

marksmanship
?

in home good, thanks for answer---

I bet you first started as a lame player and got better if you play the game mode every day... everyone goes through this, and your attitude is the reason is perhaps why people don't do conclave and it is almost dead.. but that can be solved if there is a bot option.

3 minutes ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

More people would  play it if there was a bot option, when there are no players available...

I mean, conclave would benefit from another rework. But conclave should have had bots from the start.

Personally, I think Conclave is poorly done. For me, it just needs to be reworked. If DE could make conclave good, people would play it. In all honesty, I doubt this will happen - DE has shown a lack of motivation to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, krc473 said:

I mean, conclave would benefit from another rework. But conclave should have had bots from the start.

Personally, I think Conclave is poorly done. For me, it just needs to be reworked. If DE could make conclave good, people would play it. In all honesty, I doubt this will happen - DE has shown a lack of motivation to do it.

Well... then kind of sucks to here that when you have an objective to complete the syndicate standing thing like the syndicates, Ostron standing and Quills, and Samaris

I'll be honest, I hate conclave.  My first introduction to it was horrible and I don't see the point in playing a mode that makes me feel like a level 1 grineer lancer against a fully decked out World on Fire Ember and Excalibur/Dread combo.  It's very unfairly balanced to players that actually gave it a go in its inception and got mods for the mode outside of players that hardly know its existence.  ... That and it suffers from the classic PVP issue is it takes .02 seconds of lag to determine a win from a loss.

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Even if it's reworked to be more balanced, it will still remain mostly barren. The very idea of a PvP experience is what drives people away I'm guessing.

Just now, Olianu said:

I'll be honest, I hate conclave.  My first introduction to it was horrible and I don't see the point in playing a mode that makes me feel like a level 1 grineer lancer against a fully decked out World on Fire Ember and Excalibur/Dread combo.  It's very unfairly balanced to players that actually gave it a go in its inception and got mods for the mode outside of players that hardly know its existence.  ... That and it suffers from the classic PVP issue is it takes .02 seconds of lag to determine a win from a loss.

I hated it too, which I avoided it, until it is the last thing to do in warframe before the upcoming Venus open world. 

33 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

because it doesn't need maintenance and bug fixing like trials were

DE is fine with dead modes, they're not fine with dead modes they have to work on  

21 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Even if it's reworked to be more balanced, it will still remain mostly barren. The very idea of a PvP experience is what drives people away I'm guessing.

I think it needs to be redone from the ground up. Just balancing it wont help. It would take a substantial effort to get it to a good place.

I do not object to PvP; the issue is what we have for PvP. Anything short of a complete rework is likely to flop. I do not know what DE can do to fix PvP, I feel it would be far more effort than its worth. For me, I would like more participants and larger areas. Actual goals other than "murder" would be good too.

hace 14 horas, Cosmic_Elf dijo:

I bet you first started as a lame player and got better if you play the game mode every day... everyone goes through this, and your attitude is the reason is perhaps why people don't do conclave and it is almost dead.. but that can be solved if there is a bot option.

Look at this...
t9yu6yb.jpg

I have it for 4 years, you want to know why ?:
Because in the 1st conclave we have powers but they were NOT used and they were confrontations of knights with swords (or rifles NO POWERS)

If you started to play in this conclave 2 (THAT MODE SUCK) full of children rats making powers is your problem (and if I call them n00bs) if that is the reason why it doesnt play anymore, I'm happy for me!
If u used powers in conclave... is the reallity ... you used powers because you havent HABILITY for this 😉
Thank you!
And Cya!

Edited by Tr0llf3sT
wrong quote

I went in blind into conclave today, it was a horrific experience. This is how I perceived it:

1 OK, special spec, guess that's a thing since me being IMBALOLGOD strong in PvE would be unbalanced. Let's see what I can do here.

2 Uh, I have no mods. I have nothing in fact but the gear I've built. Uhm, I guess I'll take Rhino, his iron skin should afford me some breathing room while I figure out things.

3 OK, I'm ingame, I have a Tigris, I just shot someone and they didn't even seem to get hurt. Oh wait, what's that? A Saryn flying towards me?

4 Press space to respawn. OK. So I'm back again, now to cast ir.. oh wait, I don't have energy. Where is the energy?

5 Press Space to respawn. OK, someone knew I was going for the energy and camped the spawn. So I can't go back there or they'll kill me again.

6 Press space to respawn. What even killed me? I think I'll switch to my melee option, the lecta, it should kill things right?

7 Press Space to respawn I

8 Press Space to respawn can't

9 Press Space to respawn kill

10 Press Space to respawn that

11 Press Space to respawn Saryn

12 Let's play something else

The fault here is probably mine, because I'm slow, underpowered and apparently not doing any damage. Apparently some people can also be immortal while aimgliding even though I'm practically shoving my Tigris up their behind and firing both barrels. But do I feel like spending 100 hours with the wiki trying to figure out why that is?

No. I really don't. So the cool cosmetics I want from Conclave are forever going to be locked away I guess.

7 hours ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

I went in blind into conclave today, it was a horrific experience. This is how I perceived it:

1 OK, special spec, guess that's a thing since me being IMBALOLGOD strong in PvE would be unbalanced. Let's see what I can do here.

2 Uh, I have no mods. I have nothing in fact but the gear I've built. Uhm, I guess I'll take Rhino, his iron skin should afford me some breathing room while I figure out things.

3 OK, I'm ingame, I have a Tigris, I just shot someone and they didn't even seem to get hurt. Oh wait, what's that? A Saryn flying towards me?

4 Press space to respawn. OK. So I'm back again, now to cast ir.. oh wait, I don't have energy. Where is the energy?

5 Press Space to respawn. OK, someone knew I was going for the energy and camped the spawn. So I can't go back there or they'll kill me again.

6 Press space to respawn. What even killed me? I think I'll switch to my melee option, the lecta, it should kill things right?

7 Press Space to respawn I

8 Press Space to respawn can't

9 Press Space to respawn kill

10 Press Space to respawn that

11 Press Space to respawn Saryn

12 Let's play something else

The fault here is probably mine, because I'm slow, underpowered and apparently not doing any damage. Apparently some people can also be immortal while aimgliding even though I'm practically shoving my Tigris up their behind and firing both barrels. But do I feel like spending 100 hours with the wiki trying to figure out why that is?

No. I really don't. So the cool cosmetics I want from Conclave are forever going to be locked away I guess.

I have finally reached the TYPHOON , but now again there are no players to get standing for mods and things. I hardly have much mods, and I had found a player who gave me advice about weapons and damage. It is unbalance, and not all weapons do the same amount of damage equally. So now that I completed it I have to realise the fact I cant haste and work through and get the conclave items, since there are hardly any players in, and when there are players , i mostly end up being slaughtered so i can understand about the continuous dying and reswpawning,,, fortunately you still gain standing for trying.. but the challenges are mostly impossible to do., since they are pros at this and have fully modded weapons and frames and had hours of practice that they would find anyone new to the game mode easy meat... no wonder why I thought Khora's cat would help me at least come 4th 5th on average. I have put Khora away, and wish to play to learn... but there are hardly any players, it is just about being at the right place at the right time... and when there are players it is die and respawn, and when you hit them with your weapons, you just almost kill them but die because they have mods to give their weapons that extra which makes them kill with one bullet/arrow instead of having to fire 3-3 bullets/arrows which i would have to do.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf
typos

12 hours ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

I have finally reached the TYPHOON , but now again there are no players to get standing for mods and things. I hardly have much mods, and I had found a player who gave me advice about weapons and damage. It is unbalance, and not all weapons do the same amount of damage equally. So now that I completed it I have to realise the fact I cant haste and work through and get the conclave items, since there are hardly any players in, and when there are players , i mostly end up being slaughtered so i can understand about the continuous dying and reswpawning,,, fortunately you still gain standing for trying.. but the challenges are mostly impossible to do., since they are pros at this and have fully modded weapons and frames and had hours of practice that they would find anyone new to the game mode easy meat... no wonder why I thought Khora's cat would help me at least come 4th 5th on average. I have put Khora away, and wish to play to learn... but there are hardly any players, it is just about being at the right place at the right time... and when there are players it is die and respawn, and when you hit them with your weapons, you just almost kill them but die because they have mods to give their weapons that extra which makes them kill with one bullet/arrow instead of having to fire 3-3 bullets/arrows which i would have to do.

@Countess_Hapmuhr

You guys should join the conclave discord for helpful advice/tips discord.me/conclave
Many daily players will be willing to give the mods away for free.

Conclave is active during some time. I don't know exact timing by hour because of timezone S#&$, I just get on same time of the day and easily get in a match. But people over at conclave discord might know in detail.

Also as for mods, only 2-3 mods are important for primary and secondary weapons.
allyouneed.png

And these are utility mods like HP regen on kill, reload while holster and holster speed.

Edited by Triplinster

Bows in conclave are dead despite the charge speed buff. Single shot with projectile speed is difficult, and doesn't deal nearly as much damage. So far only the Cernos prime with its triple shot stands a chance of actually hitting something, but even then... It's dead to me...

They could populate it..but they have to think outside the normal PVP death match mentality...you have a massive PVE population that loves the game, so you need to experiment with PVP that is interesting to PVE players...for example Indiana Jones from the Halo Forge community where everyone races for the end while some giant death ball chases after you...the winner is the survivor...that's what made Halo Forge World so much fun for so many was that they (PVE players) could create game types that were competitive, but where it didn't put them at direct odds against each other...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

• 1 month later...

They could review the conclave in an update and publicize this update, in order to make it more attractive, for example, in a second title of the conclave they could put Forms, Catalysts and Reactors Orokin, for example, if not in the second title, in the third, but it is not so difficult for the player to get to the title to unlock, and would make it more attractive, considering that they would have to play him to get conclave points and get Orokin Catalysts and Reactors (are indispensable elements for the development in the Warframe), making only these changes, placing for the third title reactors and Catalysts Orokin, would make of these modes PVP, something more attractive, imagines then a repagination. Taking out the Conclave's armament would be an idea, I joined the conclave now with my Rhino and my Corinth, and the excalibur dex appeared to me and I put it on before, for not having remembered that I put it with the dex armaments, like the standard in the conclave, the conclave's own visualization mode can change, it's very poor (not wanting to slow down your work), but something like the navigation that appears on the kneeling Warframe can be changed. It has a lot of potential in that way, it's just you want to move.

Edited by ClausDOrnellPint
Correction

The original dark sectors were way more fun to me.

Conclave isn't Warframe, it's Unreal Tournament with cancer.

The "caster" frames are all inviable and the gameplay is not even close to Warframe gameplay.

At first I didn't liked a lot when Warframe stopped being a space ninja game to become a super hero game, but that's the gameplay for quite a while and conclave is nothing like that.

Only way I can think to make a PvP mode popular is to actually let us use our true builds and great super powered frames In a mobaish mode. And decrease the damage made to other frames in like 90%. 

Conclave isn't Warframe at all. 

31 minutes ago, Bigamo said:

At first I didn't liked a lot when Warframe stopped being a space ninja game to become a super hero game,

I 100% share the same thought. I loved the space ninja feel the game had, the drum sounds, kneeling of the warframe in front of star chart before we got the orbiters, the fresh feeling of "space ninja" when we just got parkour 2.0. The gloomy dark atmosphere/environment and etc.

I was saddened to see Warframe move away from the "space ninja" with less and less reliance on the parkour 2.0. With it becoming more and more reliant on sprint/bullet jump spam only with power creep and flashy meta abilities.

But honestly after that, I think the opposite happened in my case. When I first got into pvp 2.0 with parkour 2.0, that was it, the space ninja I was looking for, taking parkour 2.0 to the max and actually being more about self-improvement than power creep gear. That in my eyes was pvp 2.0, now I feel pvp is more like 3.0 because of how different it is from back when I started using it.

39 minutes ago, Bigamo said:

Conclave isn't Warframe at all.

The way I see it, Warframe isn't Warframe at all. It's a constantly evolving game. PvP 2.0 however stayed closer to old Warframe with it's reliance on parkour 2.0.

I don't see how you can make PvP closer to the main game, when PvP is more about self-improvement than gear setup. I find it difficult to believe that PvP with main core mechanics can ever be attractive to the playerbase that's grown more in power fantasy and play a constantly evolving game. Just my opinion formed from 1.8k hours of PvE and 2.3k hours in PvP (from PvP 1.0 till now).

50 minutes ago, Bigamo said:

Only way I can think to make a PvP mode popular is to actually let us use our true builds and great super powered frames In a mobaish mode. And decrease the damage made to other frames in like 90%. 

You have my interest. I'm not saying I fully understand the concept and agree with it but it tries to take on PvP from a different angle from the current one.

It seems very very complex to balance, I'd say remove complexity as much as possible, PvP 2.0 tried to do this. Simple 90% damage reduction and inclusion of all powers as it is would not be a balanced approach in my opinion. Balancing it for PvP would be far too difficult and may require lots of modifications to powers and abilities, which then might again end up with a game mode too different from the main PvE game.

From what I recall, DE tried 3 major PvP gamemodes till now.

1. PvP 1.0: All abilities, mods, and weapons/warframes available to use. However each mod and weapon/frame had a potency rating (AKA Conclave rating).

There were 2 v 2 conclave missions in each planet. Each of them having their own total conclave rating requirement.

2nd were darksectors and 3rd PvP 2.0 all the way to PvP 2.0+ (3.0 I like to call) that we know now.