Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag buff

8 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

how about we dont worry about the weapons but instead the frame itself. so lets see you survive 10 min in mot with a mk1 braton with no mods on it, see how versatile she is then

That's not exactly a hard challenge to do.  I can do that with Mag, Mag Prime, Ivara, Titania, Ash, and Saryn all solo.  Just to name the frames I know for sure I can do it with easily 

Heck I can do it with mk-1. Paris too.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

3 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

how about we dont worry about the weapons but instead the frame itself. so lets see you survive 10 min in mot with a mk1 braton with no mods on it, see how versatile she is then

Do the same with Mesa first, except with an unmodded Mk-1 Kunai instead.

When you inevitably fail I expect to see a ''Mesa buff'' thread in the correct sub-forum.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Do the same with Mesa first, except with an unmodded Mk-1 Kunai instead.

When you inevitably fail I expect to see a ''Mesa buff'' thread in the correct sub-forum.

Pleeeease do this.

2 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

I don't have video creating software, but if u were on PC I'd show u it can be done.

In fact, it can be done without any weapons.

Use energizing dash to get some energy, find a group of mobs, magnetize them, polarize, then wait for dot to kill (less than 10s wait time). Can even pull/crush for faster kills and higher dot.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

This is asinine.  Most of the Warframes are built with weapon interaction in mind. Take any of them into Mot with that requirement and they'll fair no better than a Mag.

Take Trinity, Nova or Harrow; then need weapons to be able to do anything beyond hiding and buffing or slowing.

33 minutes ago, giglyfoot said:

I don't have video creating software, but if u were on PC I'd show u it can be done.

In fact, it can be done without any weapons.

Use energizing dash to get some energy, find a group of mobs, magnetize them, polarize, then wait for dot to kill (less than 10s wait time). Can even pull/crush for faster kills and higher dot.

you have to carry a weapon

Edited by (PS4)XephonixAwesome
miss type

8 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

that doesnt prove anything

neither does trying to judge frames by a metric they weren't designed for. Mag is designed to work with weapons, so it doesn't matter how weak she is without one. You're not going to start calling her weak because she can't tank like Rhino or heal like a Trinity either, are you?

Edited by Legion-Shields

14 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

have you thought of mot or any sortie survival

Yes.  Magnetize to compensate for the much weaker weapon's damage and some CC.  Augmented Polarize to CC enemies while stripping some armor.  Pull to either kill enemies and/or set them up for Crush to finish them off.  Any that might still be alive, just repeat or shoot them with the MK-1 Braton.

Depending on the Mag build, you might not even need to do that much.  You can completely control the battlefield with Mag and Enemy Radar.  Been there, done that, and got the tee shirt.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
sllight grammar correction

This page is getting really out of hand. Many of us have brought forward multiple points which contradict the OP's statement, and all of their replies are, "Oh yea, well in this super highly unlikely situation, Mag (along with EVERY other frame) won't work".

Its just the Op stubbornly trying to save what little face he can instead of just admitting he focused on the wrong thing for mag. My 1st times with mag i went all in on polarize too and was underwhelmed but when i saw a wf partner (Specifically aggp) and how he used magnetize i went back in and she just wrecks everything. 

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

On 2018-05-15 at 9:12 PM, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

Ever since mag got nerfed, she has gotten thrown in the gutter and has to rely on her weapons to survive. One of my clan mates went into the simulacram to attempt to prove that she is still viable. Needless to say that it didnt go well. With a full power strength build it took him almost 20 times to strip a heavy gunner, while any other weapon (excluding crit weapons and fang prime) can strip it quicker than mag.

Conclusion: she needs a bit of a buff

I really.. really would recommend doing some research before cawing that a frame like Mag needs a buff. You and your friend are under-equipped, and mal-informed. I mean no harm in what I am saying, but seriously do some research please. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

Easy... not even a challenge.

Edited by Carnage2K4

7 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

now lets see you do it without any mods on the weapon and her

changing the goalposts won’t work here, especially when you’re now just telling someone to run naked into the battlefield and try not to die. at this point I just think you’re doing this all for the laughs

nevermind, you definitely are and you got me good, so congratulations.

Edited by goga_gola

11 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

That not the point? No frame can go very long without any mods on them. Your argument is stuck on your personal experience and a single experiment you did with a friend, and you haven't presented any actual data on why mag needs a buff. Numbers and facts speak louder than personal opinions. Show us exactly where, and why you believe Mag needs a buff, and make proposed changes. Do it respectfully and constructively and you would not be met with so much criticism.

9 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

I guess you didn't bother to watch it...
There were no mods on the weapon...

No mods on the Frame as well?.. Nice way to move the goal posts... So basically you're saying she's under-powered if you remove her weapons and abilities... Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

Edited by Carnage2K4